ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member

Henderson vs. Rampage?

Who you got?

This is a tough one to call. Henderson is one of my favourite fighters. Henderson is the better wrestler while Rampage has the advantage standing up.

Henderson has beaten Belfort, Wanderlei Silva, Nogueira in his career.

And right now Rampage is on top of the world after his win against Liddell.

It should be interesting.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Another style matchup in Rampage's favor.

Henderson caught Wanderlei on a bad night, do not let that win cloud your judgement. Hendo is one of the toughest mother****ers in the game and will be in your face regardless of who you are BUT....

Rampage has the better overall skill set and is focused and has great training partners once again..he will be doing damage for awhile.

I think it would be a fast paced fight and very brutal but Rampage would be a bad matchup.

You gotta remember that Hendo gets off balance alot when he swings wild and his wrestling is not as top notch as you are lead to believe due to his wild swinging. You will see him taken down rather easily sometimes and with Rampage having the distinct weight and size advantage just makes for a bad matchup for him IMO.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Interesting style but Hendo lacks the boxing skills to be a true threat on his feet. Hendo does have a good to really good chin but nothing legendry. His only chance is to put Rampage on his back(rampages weakest spot). Dan is pretty good at scrambling up from his back. I think the fight would play out like this. Dan taking shots and getting the clinch with an occasional takedown. However Page would do much more damage standing and put Dan on his back, then Dan would scramble up and the cycle would continue with Page winning a ud.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

Henderson caught Wanderlei on a bad night, do not let that win cloud your judgement. Hendo is one of the toughest mother****ers in the game and will be in your face regardless of who you are BUT....

Rampage has the better overall skill set and is focused and has great training partners once again..he will be doing damage for awhile.

I think it would be a fast paced fight and very brutal but Rampage would be a bad matchup.

You gotta remember that Hendo gets off balance alot when he swings wild and his wrestling is not as top notch as you are lead to believe due to his wild swinging. You will see him taken down rather easily sometimes and with Rampage having the distinct weight and size advantage just makes for a bad matchup for him IMO.
    Dan is a incredibly accomplished wrestler but much like you said his wild overhand right often off balances him and he ends up rushing in with his head down for a greco clinch which severly limits his take down sets up and his shots. Even though dan was primarly a greco wreslter he was a good collegiete wrestler but his swinging takes away any good set up for a solid shot.

dank1970 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I say rampage. hendo is full of energy and talent but I think page will take him in r 2.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

You gotta remember that Hendo gets off balance alot when he swings wild and his wrestling is not as top notch belias you are lead to eve due to his wild swinging. You will see him taken down rather easily sometimes and with Rampage having the distinct weight and size advantage just makes for a bad matchup for him IMO.
    That is what I wanted to say....To be such a great wrestler he spends alot if time on his back. Murilo Rua put him on his back quite a few times in a fight that Rua won in my opinion.

mullcap is offline Junior Member
    i see rampage in a decision. im not sure in henderson can be ko'd but i see rampages aggressiveness and power being a little too much for henderson. both are world class wrestlers with great chins and heavy hands. its a coin flip

Geezy is offline Associate Member
    Rampage FTW! I think Hendo is good, but not good enough to beat Jackson.

orton4 is offline Member
    i think rampage is a good match up for hendo, i think i might take hendo in this one... hendo is a much better wrestler than rampage is.... im gonna say hendo by decision

Thread Information