$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member

Liddell vs Jardine Confirmed

Theres the main Event for ufc 76 in semptember and jardine confirmed it.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...4346&zoneid=13

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    That's a stupid fight IMO and its not main event material. Hopefully Liddell wins but I dont think one bit that "the Dean of mean" (gayest name in the world) should be in a main event.

graeme87 is offline Member
    It will be interesting to see how chuck deals with a taller guy with a longer reach. He usually sits back and weights for them to walk into on of his counter rite hands but Jardine could jab the face off chuck is he boxes at a distance simply because his arms are longer (I would imagine since he is 4 inches or so taller I think)

I like chuck but I have always said a decent boxer who can jab would out strike him with ease (not that Jardine would be the best to do this but he does have the reach so lets see how chuck responds to a long jab)

TR'05 is offline Member
    I wonder if Jardine will be utilizing the "chimpanzee style" that he did against Houston "we have a problem" Alexander...it didn't pan out too well for him that time.

graeme87 is offline Member
    sorry my bad jardine is not as tall as i though he was and there for not going to be any trouble to chuck i guess. i stand by man stamen that a decent boxer could take chuck to pieces but jardine is not the man to do this.

I’d like to see chuck get back on top of things, I heard an interview where he said he’d like to move up to heavyweight to fight crocop but I think he will be desperate for a rematch with rampage before he does anything.

TR'05 is offline Member
    I would have much rather seen Shogun vs Machida as the main event...

too bad most new fans don't know the two & too bad the fight fell through.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    This matchup makes me do one thing:

Talk about Dana protecting his boyfriend. Wow!

I agree that both Chuck and Wanderlei need a win for a mental boost before fighting each other. Dana is doing everything he can do to make sure Chuck has the edge in that fight.

Wanderlei is unable to fight until November, Dana throws a hissy fit and says the fight will never happen, claims Wanderlei is scared bla bla bla

Now Chuck is given a fight against a guy who was KTFO by a newcomer.

It makes no sense at all and is a waste of time, if Chuck loses he is done. So in that sense it is a risky move. Chuck has nothing to gain either way, Jardine though gains if he wins or if he puts up a good fight.
    ***No source checks!!!***

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    This is typical of the fight game. Whenever a popular fighter loses, and loses badly, promoters will put together a fight with either a washed up popular fighter or a known fighter that isn't on the level with the former champ. This is Dana doing what any other promoter in any fight game would do. Sucks but it is what it is.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    why the hell dont they get there heads out there asses and make it shogun vs liddel. the way i see it now, the card kinda sucks.......they are putting some of the best lhw's in the world against some popular kids

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    Yep, this is a pretty weak move, but when you look at the 205 division and what is out there. It kind of makes sense. Forrest vs. Chuck, that would be much more interesting than Jardine IMO.

TR'05 is offline Member
    ^^Forrest is going to fight Shogun at the same event, which replaces the Machida vs. Shogun fight.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I've never been impressed with Jardine, unless he surprises me it won't be much of a fight.

The only question in this fight is whether Jardine will be able to keep his mouth guard in his mouth when he hits the floor

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    This matchup makes me do one thing:

Talk about Dana protecting his boyfriend. Wow!

I agree that both Chuck and Wanderlei need a win for a mental boost before fighting each other. Dana is doing everything he can do to make sure Chuck has the edge in that fight.

Wanderlei is unable to fight until November, Dana throws a hissy fit and says the fight will never happen, claims Wanderlei is scared bla bla bla

Now Chuck is given a fight against a guy who was KTFO by a newcomer.

It makes no sense at all and is a waste of time, if Chuck loses he is done. So in that sense it is a risky move. Chuck has nothing to gain either way, Jardine though gains if he wins or if he puts up a good fight.

Chuck wants to fight in September and Wanderlei doesnt wanna fight till Novemeber. Dana isnt protecting shit, he didnt have a main event and chuck is anxious for a fight and yea ur right Jardine is a jk but then again who the **** doesnt wanna c Jardine get KTFO again. O i agree Dana should shut the **** up cuz Wanderlei aint afraid to fight n e 1 let alone Chuck. Hes wanted that fight 4 a long time hes just not ready and Danas cryin. If hed step in the octagon with crocop, hed have no problem stepping in 2 fight Chuck.

Thread Information