soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member

Awesome Nick Diaz interview

Very cool Nick Diaz interview. I remember hating this guy for his attitude but he had so much potential (still does) and what an awesome fighter, I just started liking him a year or 2 ago.
    http://www.sportsline.com/mmaboxing/story/10350359/1

peace_frog is offline Associate Member
    I think that interview was god aweful. He comes of like such a punk ass. I recently watched an interview with him for the EliteXC which was much better. Up until the last few questions all he talks about is being a major pot head and that everything he does he does "loaded". Im all for legalization of mj but cmon. I dunno, I was pretty turned off hearing him talk about things the way he did. Honesty is fine, but his wording was horrible. The way he talks about being 'loaded' it wouldnt surprise me if he did go into a fight high. Just because I couldnt do it, doesnt mean he cant. He does everthing else 'loaded' so its certainly believable. He didnt do himself any favors in this interview.

And his whole thing about being pissed that he is on TV one day and not set for life the next? Thats one of the dumbest things Ive ever heard come out of MMA fighters mouth. Try being champ for a few years. Boxing may be on the downslide, but the sport has been around forever and it took boxers a long time to be in the possition to say "pay up". Also, unfortunatly for Nick and many others in the sport, most guys are pretty replacable. The next knock out is a match away. I think he's fvcked himself out of a bunch of good pay days. MMA is getting bigger all the time, and pay checks will be getting bigger if the demand to see you is there. Im sure some of these guys probably arent making what I think they should be, but Ill bet the ones that keep winning and playing by the rules arent starving either. If you arent champ, you fight 3 5min rounds in the UFC. They train hard for months and its not an easy sport, but most people in here would agree, if they could get paid to train, OR schlep at some factory for minimum wage , they would rather get paid to do what they love. Nick loves to fight, he gets paid to do what he loves. He paints himself as some irreplacable superstar. Thats probably why the UFC hasnt invited him back yet.

Thanks for the post anyways, it was an interesting read. I like Nick enough that Id like to see him back in the UFC. I agree that his attitude was what kept people from really like him, and Id also agree on his potential . I just dont think it was a great interview. If you didnt like his attitude before, Im not really sure how this article changed that.
    Last edited by peace_frog; 09-14-2007 at 05:51 PM.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    If you think that was "Awesome" then I don't know what to tell you.

I like Diaz as a fighter, but as a person he has alot of growing up to do. Everytime he opens his mouth he burns more bridges. He will never be a top fighter due to his attitude etc.
    ***No source checks!!!***

TR'05 is offline Member
    Nick is a gong show.

Anyone catch him on The Beatdown? Most unintentionally funny interview I have heard since the Tyson days...

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    dude is a talented fighter but he needs to grow up, he came across as unintelligent and inmature in that interview IMO

soo2bhuge is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    If you think that was "Awesome" then I don't know what to tell you.

I like Diaz as a fighter, but as a person he has alot of growing up to do. Everytime he opens his mouth he burns more bridges. He will never be a top fighter due to his attitude etc.
    Perhaps the "awesome" was a bit overstated when referring to the interview but as a fighter, I think he is awesome and here's why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX53EXA3U1c

abombing is offline Associate Member
    Diaz is a sick fighter, but he's a dick. I think he scares people though which is part of his game. Remember when he started fighting Joe Riggs in the hospital after their fight? Riggs said in an interview he never wanted to run into Diaz again.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    anyone who could smolke pot and compete in a triatholon is a bad ass in my book. he just needs to shut his mouth about it and get his money right first. THEN he can say whatever the fack he wants, til then he needs to stay business minded.

abombing is offline Associate Member
    True except his big mouth makes him more marketable.

Thread Information