Thread: Which one

boxer08 is offline Senior Member

Which one

I was goin to join a muay thai class but when i had a look around there aint any local but there is karate, kung-fu, boxing and kickboxing so as i cant do the muay thai my next option would be kickboxing which one do you think would be the best to join.

Hollywood080 is offline Anabolic Member
    I took soo hwa kung fu and that shit is bad ass! You know that they won't even allow a kung fu master to compete in UFC cause it's too real! I say kung fu! If its a good teacher.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood080 View Post
    I took soo hwa kung fu and that shit is bad ass! You know that they won't even allow a kung fu master to compete in UFC cause it's too real! I say kung fu! If its a good teacher.
    obviously eye gauging and ripping a dood's heart out of his chest is against the rules.. but seeing a flying leg kick would be kind of cool.. Not sure how effective that would be against another fighter who is ready to pound you to the ground tho.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    kick boxing is ok... but doesn't utilize elbows or knees... i'd say boxing out of those options. Maybe continue with your knee / kick drills on your own.

are you looking for the aerobics of it or the fighting?

sphincter is offline Member

ummm, that comment is a little... weird; to say the least. SURE a kung fu guy can fight in UFC or any other fight org for that matter... the only thing is they have to follow the rules; just like all other fighters.. no gouges, no finger/toe locks, no neck strikes, etc...

I could be wrong, but I've heard that once they have reached the level of master that they are no longer allowed to compete in UFC. I know that they are allowed in other orgs, I don't know why this is. It's just what I've heard.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member

tuff smiley

sphincter is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxer08 View Post
    I was goin to join a muay thai class but when i had a look around there aint any local but there is karate, kung-fu, boxing and kickboxing so as i cant do the muay thai my next option would be kickboxing which one do you think would be the best to join.
    to answer the original question, I would have to go with boxing if BJJ and Muay Thai aren't available. I will be taking some boxing later when I get the belt in GJJ I am after...

Boxing will train you to move well, be aware and use your body to make real power. it will also flow very well into muay thai training when you will then have a really solid set of tools to strike with. add in some BJJ and you'll be unstoppable on the street unless someone is very advanced.. and people who are advanced in their training usually don't ever fight.. we don't need to. We diffuse the situation and walk away since we recognize there is nothing to prove.

boxer08 is offline Senior Member
    Im looking for flexibility, cardiovascular and the fighting side of it.

Thread Information