J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Just when people start to like Alexander

They find out he is as expected, an newb on the ground.

The guy does have heart though, he's a pit bull.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    he looked shocked that thiago wouldnt just stand there right in front of him to get punched in the head. He really looked bad when thiago circled. Who does alexander train with btw? His phisique is impressive, and hes strong as hell and mean.... but that doesnt win fights by a long shot. At least not at that level in the UFC. He'd crush guys at a regional level, but thats about all he is. One has to be well rounded to survive these days imo.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Good call,

Even Liddel had a good run with the "only striking" method. But he did not let people tie him up and had some take down defense.
    He always said his ground game was tight, but the guy was awful in that fight. He did not look like he was panicing or anyting, but he was just laying there eating brazillian fist sandwiches.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I like Alexander 10x more right before this fight that ever before. He has had more time doing press and interviews and he is a extremely likeable guy.

I knew he was not a complete MMA fighter just yet, but he has all the makings of a good fighter (IE: Passionate, Lots of heart).

This loss will only serve him notice on what he needs to work on, i'm sure he knew it before but was getting by with those quick KO's.

I look forward to seeing him fight more.
    ***No source checks!!!***

The Lion is offline New Member
    I agree that Alexander is a likeable guy and that he is very talented at throwing blows, which usually leads to a very exciting fight. I just question whether or not he can adapt to the higher level of skill which is going to be req'd to be a contender in the LHW division. IMO he does not have the skill set to ever evolve into a complete fighter and therefore will be stuck in the middle of the LHW division

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lion View Post
    I agree that Alexander is a likeable guy and that he is very talented at throwing blows, which usually leads to a very exciting fight. I just question whether or not he can adapt to the higher level of skill which is going to be req'd to be a contender in the LHW division. IMO he does not have the skill set to ever evolve into a complete fighter and therefore will be stuck in the middle of the LHW division
    And what has he shown you that he is incapable of learning and getting better?

For god sakes the man has only had 3 major fights under his belt. Be patient, ****. Some of you need to understand that it takes time to learn and adapt. Some pick it up faster than others. Give it some time and we will see where Alexander fits.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    I like Alexander 10x more right before this fight that ever before. He has had more time doing press and interviews and he is a extremely likeable guy.

I knew he was not a complete MMA fighter just yet, but he has all the makings of a good fighter (IE: Passionate, Lots of heart).

This loss will only serve him notice on what he needs to work on, i'm sure he knew it before but was getting by with those quick KO's.

I look forward to seeing him fight more.
    He will be back, the guy has talent. Everyone likes to see good people succeed.

dank1970 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by millionairemurph View Post
    he looked shocked that thiago wouldnt just stand there right in front of him to get punched in the head. He really looked bad when thiago circled. Who does alexander train with btw? His phisique is impressive, and hes strong as hell and mean.... but that doesnt win fights by a long shot. At least not at that level in the UFC. He'd crush guys at a regional level, but thats about all he is. One has to be well rounded to survive these days imo.
    sup murph. hey alexander trains at mick doyles muai tai acadamy in omaha

abombing is offline Associate Member
    He will come back better. You always learn more form a loss than a win. If Houston has that physique without juice then he is a freak athlete. All he needs to do is spend a lot more time on the ground and practicing stopping takedowns and he will be a serious threat.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abombing View Post
    He will come back better. You always learn more form a loss than a win. If Houston has that physique without juice then he is a freak athlete. All he needs to do is spend a lot more time on the ground and practicing stopping takedowns and he will be a serious threat.
    seriously!

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    U gotta love Alexander, single father of 6 kids, donated one of his kidneys. Still fighting and training. That's courage.

Thread Information