D-Bo Dre is offline Member

24/7 Hatton;Mayweather

DId anyone catch it on HBO?? Wow, Im pumped! I think they did a great job!

I love Hatton's last words... "I'll leave everything in the fu*king ring come December 8th, I wont run away like Mayweather does!"

What a great fight to end a great year in boxing! Thanks MMA!

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    Mayweather knows how to win fights being hard to hit and picking his shots to score rather than to KO somebody like the crowd likes to see, I think it perpetuates everyones dislike for Floyd coupled with his arrogance. Id like to see Hatton beat the snot out of Floyd, and i think he will lump him up pretty bad but Floyd will win by decission. Hatton is a tough kid, he can walk right through a punch even if its knocking him out while hes coming at you, hes still coming, he needs to keep pressure on Floyd non stop and brawl with him I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2 View Post
    Mayweather knows how to win fights being hard to hit and picking his shots to score rather than to KO somebody like the crowd likes to see, I think it perpetuates everyones dislike for Floyd coupled with his arrogance. Id like to see Hatton beat the snot out of Floyd, and i think he will lump him up pretty bad but Floyd will win by decission. Hatton is a tough kid, he can walk right through a punch even if its knocking him out while hes coming at you, hes still coming, he needs to keep pressure on Floyd non stop and brawl with him I think.
    Absolutely, I also think if Hatton studies the Floyd-Hoya fight and his team draws out a game plan to counter Floyd's dancing jab it will be difficult or should I say less-probable for Floyd to get the decision..

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    I think Floyd is going to destroy him pretty easily.

When Hatton said at the end of this weeks episode that he "wasnt scared", that basically told me that he is probably doubting himself.

I say 7th or 8th round stoppage. Maybe even sooner than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz View Post
    I think Floyd is going to destroy him pretty easily.

When Hatton said at the end of this weeks episode that he "wasnt scared", that basically told me that he is probably doubting himself.

I say 7th or 8th round stoppage. Maybe even sooner than that.
    By stoppage you mean by K.O.?!? b/c if Floyd couldnt k.o. Oscar what makes you think he could do it to Hatton??

Quote Originally Posted by D-Bo Dre View Post
    By stoppage you mean by K.O.?!? b/c if Floyd couldnt k.o. Oscar what makes you think he could do it to Hatton??
    Oscar is much bigger and stronger than Hatton. The only person to ever TKO Oscar (or even really hurt him for that matter) was B-Hop who went on to win a world title at Light Heavyweight after the fight.

Oscar is also a much better boxer than Hatton, making the task even more difficult.

Hatton is the smaller man in this fight, he is moving up in weight to fight PBF. This will only be his second fight at welterweight. His only other fight at this weight was against Luis Collazo and in that fight Hatton looked sluggish and slow.

Im just being honest. I want to see a good fight just like anyone else... I just dont think Ricky matches up well with Mayweather, so the fight wont live up to the hype (unfortunately).

Oscar is much bigger and stronger than Hatton. The only person to ever TKO Oscar (or even really hurt him for that matter) was B-Hop who went on to win a world title at Light Heavyweight after the fight.

Oscar is also a much better boxer than Hatton, making the task even more difficult.
    Hatton is the smaller man in this fight, he is moving up in weight to fight PBF. This will only be his second fight at welterweight. His only other fight at this weight was against Luis Collazo and in that fight Hatton looked sluggish and slow.

Im just being honest. I want to see a good fight just like anyone else... I just dont think Ricky matches up well with Mayweather, so the fight wont live up to the hype (unfortunately).
    I agree that Oscar WAS a better boxer,, but c'mon, he fought Mayweather out of his prime bro.. Hatton, however, has more to gain/lose in this fight and is in his prime..

But im with you 100% though,, I just want to see a good fight.. The only thing i don’t want to see is Mayweather win and pull his retirement card w/out givin my boy Cotto a title shot..

You heard him on 24/7, hes already making excuses saying that he doesnt think he can fight any longer,, his hands are giving out,, they hurt him .. Even if it were true, you dont say that sh*t in a pre-fight reel... This is the sport you chose, man-up!

I agree that Oscar WAS a better boxer,, but c'mon, he fought Mayweather out of his prime bro.. Hatton, however, has more to gain/lose in this fight and is in his prime..

But im with you 100% though,, I just want to see a good fight.. The only thing i don’t want to see is Mayweather win and pull his retirement card w/out givin my boy Cotto a title shot..

You heard him on 24/7, hes already making excuses saying that he doesnt think he can fight any longer,, his hands are giving out,, they hurt him .. Even if it were true, you dont say that sh*t in a pre-fight reel... This is the sport you chose, man-up!

Cotto is the REAL "pressure" fighter who could challange Floyd. He is a natural Welterweight who is strong, relentless, and (as we seen against Mosely) Cotto CAN BOX when he has to!!

That is the big fight to hope for. Hatton is just a small speed bump on the road to that superfight. He is taylor made for Mayweather. I just cant imagine this thing being anything but ugly for Ricky.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Did you know that hatton blows up to nearly 11.7 stone and fights at 10.7 ...clearly mayweather isnt the bigger man if your looking in hieght then that will go against him .. because hatton is by far the best body puncher around.

Yes mayweather is slick , loose , intimidating , and great all round boxer but hatton will have his number as soon as mayweather feels the pressure of somone who throws unrealistic punches per round he will have no choice but to fight.

Will be a great fight im sure.

Mayweather could set PPV record vs. Hatton

By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports
    November 28, 2007

"Mayweather-Hatton will do about 1.5 million pay-per-view sales. That would make Mayweather Jr. the first non-heavyweight ever to sell more than 1 million pay-per-views in back-to-back fights, as well as the first man to 4 million in one calendar year.

He could generate more than $200 million in pay-per-view revenue alone in 2007.

The kid who was dogged for an inability to sell out a small arena in his hometown might all of a sudden have become the most valuable property in the sport. He's learned fabulously well how to sell a pay-per-view show."

The fight sold out in about a half hour, generating a total paid gate of more than $10 million. Already, 18,000 closed circuit tickets have been sold in Las Vegas. Sponsors are beating the door down hoping to attach their names to the bout.

"Floyd has something like no other fighter," Schaefer said. "Half of his audience absolutely loves the guy. They love him for his talent, his smile, how flashy he is, everything he stands for and how brilliant in the ring he is.

"The other half, they hate the guy. They can't wait for the guy to lose. They think he's bad for the sport. It drives them crazy when they see him throwing money around and they ask what kind of a signal does that send to the youth.

"You have these two big, very large groups with different agendas, but one thing in common: They all want to see him fight."
    Last edited by D-Bo Dre; 11-30-2007 at 02:48 PM.

celticd is offline Associate Member
    cant wait its gona be a proper punch up,id go as far to say itl be remembered as one of the classics
    its just what the boxing game needs espically with the poor state of heavyweight division,its great to have this fight
    cant wait,hatton is one tough guy but still dont know who i fancy..
    also gotta say joe calzalgie is sh:t hot too,been on top of his game for a decade now..thats some achievment in any sport,never mind boxing...

Quote Originally Posted by Box This* View Post
    Did you know that hatton blows up to nearly 11.7 stone and fights at 10.7 ...clearly mayweather isnt the bigger man if your looking in hieght then that will go against him ..
    Are you serious?? lol- You cant compare walk around (fat) weight to actual fighting weight. Just because Hatton blows up in between fights to a heavier weight, does not mean that he is the naturally bigger fighter at "Pit Weight". Mayweather has fought as high as 154 and has kept his speed. hatton has fought at 147 just once, and he looked sluggish and extremely slow. He actually had to move back down to 140 after the fight.

Hatton is by far the best body puncher around.
    Are you saing that Hatton is a better body puncher than Miguel Cotto?? Come'on man... lets be serious here! I know he is your guy... but at least be objective!

Yes mayweather is slick , loose , intimidating , and great all round boxer but hatton will have his number as soon as mayweather feels the pressure of somone who throws unrealistic punches per round he will have no choice but to fight.
    Hatton is not a TRUE pressure fighter. He is more of a "hug and mug" kind of fighter. He will not be able to do that in this fight. Floyd is much too fast, and much too precise with his shots.

Hatton may come out and TRY to barnstorm Floyd... But once he realizes how fast Floyd is, and starts to get laced with combinations... hatton will revert to trying to trying to hold and hit all night (in fear of getting hit with scores of counter shots).

Will be a great fight im sure.
    I hope you're right. I just dont see it happening. I think Ricky is in over his head.
    Last edited by Mogamedogz; 11-30-2007 at 03:43 PM.

Box This* is offline Associate Member
    Are you serious?? lol- You cant compare walk around (fat) weight to actual fighting weight. Just because Hatton blows up in between fights to a heavier weight, does not mean that he is the naturally bigger fighter at "Pit Weight". Mayweather has fought as high as 154 and has kept his speed. hatton has fought at 147 just once, and he looked sluggish and extremely slow. He actually had to move back down to 140 after the fight.

Are you saing that Hatton is a better body puncher than Miguel Cotto?? Come'on man... lets be serious here! I know he is your guy... but at least be objective!

Hatton is not a TRUE pressure fighter. He is more of a "hug and mug" kind of fighter. He will not be able to do that in this fight. Floyd is much too fast, and much too precise with his shots.

Hatton may come out and TRY to barnstorm Floyd... But once he realizes how fast Floyd is, and starts to get laced with combinations... hatton will revert to trying to trying to hold and hit all night (in fear of getting hit with scores of counter shots).

I hope you're right. I just dont see it happening. I think Ricky is in over his head.
    I realy dont know where people get that hatton is a hugger because hes totaly the opposite.

What i mean by the wieght is that when he trains for welter he loses a massive amout of wieght im a small period of time .. and he blows up to 12.7 not 11.7 keyboards mistake not mine haha ... Hatton will make the wieght comfortable and be alot stronger.

Hatton is a raw talent just like mayweather but hatton has the tools to make the biggest upset of the century.

What would a high profile fight be without a debate.

p4p1 is offline New Member
    hope hatton wins but in realty pbf is going to pop shot his way to a victory.
    he is not going to brawl with hatton it just not what Pb want to do with brawlers
    he is going to use his boxing skills to beat hatton. but am rooting for hatton to win. he is a nice guy. on like pbf.

Cotto is the REAL "pressure" fighter who could challange Floyd. He is a natural Welterweight who is strong, relentless, and (as we seen against Mosely) Cotto CAN BOX when he has to!!

That is the big fight to hope for. Hatton is just a small speed bump on the road to that superfight. He is taylor made for Mayweather. I just cant imagine this thing being anything but ugly for Ricky.
    cotto is going to be at the fight hoping to get the winer of the fight. and if its pbf i would like to see what kind of excuses he going to make e to Ovoid a beast like cotto.

Quote Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
    cotto is going to be at the fight hoping to get the winer of the fight. and if its pbf i would like to see what kind of excuses he going to make e to Ovoid a beast like cotto.
    +1.. I see Floyd "Scrooge" Mayweather coming out the shadows late in 08' when he has gambled away a mil or so and feels his pockets gettin lighter to then give my boy Cotto a shot..

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Hatton is 2lbs underweight (145lb) at the weigh in!

could it all be off!?!?!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by shifty_git View Post
    Hatton is 2lbs underweight (145lb) at the weigh in!

could it all be off!?!?!?!?!?!?
    no its on .its ok to be under just not over and it a good thing that hatton is just under the weight limit. he is going to be quick on his feet to catche pbf.

PBF is going to stop him within 10 rounds. $$ in the bank folks.

johnq is offline Associate Member
    hatton wins with in ten rounds

pbf will win a ud. but hatton will have his moments in this fight.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    go hatton

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    PBF is going to stop him within 10 rounds. $$ in the bank folks.
    Hahahahaha... good call Mog... I made my bet exactly on the 10th and no more! The odds were to lopsided for a unanimous mayweather win. So i'll send you the half of the money

heavyhitter08 is offline Associate Member
    your a stupid idiot Dre... hahahaha, I told you! You doubt mayweather everytime! hahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

And i hope he doesn't fight Cotto b/c he will get owned as well

Quote Originally Posted by heavyhitter08 View Post
    your a stupid idiot Dre... hahahaha, I told you! You doubt mayweather everytime! hahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

And i hope he doesn't fight Cotto b/c he will get owned as well
    well if you know boxing you would know hatton is a a 140 pounder .that was fighting at 147 .a easy fight hand picked fight for pbf. easy if you know what i mean .hey pbf do you want to fight cotto? **** no!!

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Guys i just got out of bed and have not seen the result yet so i thought ill put my 2 cents in before i do.

I got to agree with everything that has been said but i have to disagree too.
    I think Mayweather is the dogs bollox, ive known of him since before he went pro but funny enough because of pay-per view i aint never seen a live fight.

Hatton is a brawler and people say a one dimensional boxer.
    Having just moved from Manchester and known the likes of Michael Gomez etc it seems to be a "Manchester style" or what i have been told. A very tight but direct way of coming forward, is difficult to defend against unless the defender is a master but when facing a master can come unstuck easily.

I like hatton and know a few of his close friends and have met him on the (piss) once. He gets almost to 13 stone between fights and i dont think that is professional and will be his down fall as he likes his pie and chips and loves a drink, dont we all but he could drink me under the table any night of the week and im twice his size.
    Hes a nice honest guy and has a good brain on him, but i think Mayweather having been heavier and naturally bigger will cause a bit of trouble.

If Hatton can close him down and cut him off he will hurt Floyd but i cant see it. Floyd the bigger and more technical of the 2 will probably push him to being stopped on cuts.
    Im not sure what Floyds power is like and if he has enough of it to floor Hatton but i think it is enough to frustrate him and get him to open up a bit.

I would have to say that it will be a stoppage on cuts somewhere after the half way mark

Looking at the facts:
    -Both boxers undefeated
    -Mayweather has a 7 inch reach advantage
    -Mayweather is naturally bigger
    -Hatton is 2 lbs under weight

I think that is his (Ricky's) natural weight, come the fight and
    fluids are replenished i think he will be a good 8- 10 pounds lighter than Floyd.

Belated Prediction:- Stoppage on cuts in the 8th

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by heavyhitter08 View Post
    Hahahahaha... good call Mog... I made my bet exactly on the 10th and no more! The odds were to lopsided for a unanimous mayweather win. So i'll send you the half of the money

All day! I take cash, check, or money order.

As much as I dislike PBF and "Heavyhitter08" ,, I hate to admit it,, but you guys were right... Mayweathers speed n strength was no match for Hatton.. IMO, this fight proved that Mayweather could hold his own amongst a skilled brawler and is amongst boxing elite.. He couldn’t have fought a better match and has finally gained my respect for him inside the ring.. Ok, enough of that.. Back to my usual anti-Mayweather bashing

When asked twice by Letterman about Cotto (A question which he knew was coming) evadingly he responds that "He will not let boxing retire him" ?!?! C'mon, is that the best response the proclaimed best P4P Welter-weight champ could give?! I mean if he wants to retire and become a monkey promoter and leave this one last battle un-conquested, that’s just great for him He will just go down in history as being one of the greatest welter-weights ever (minus) a fight against Cotto.. It’s like saying Michael Jordan was the best b-ball player ever but chose to never play against let’s say, a Larry Bird or Magic Johnson.. Great Champions are realized by the obstacles they overcome...

Anyways,, I know this is a point-less rant b/c there is no way boxing is ready to lose its #1 money-maker.. I just hope it happens sometime soon..
    Last edited by D-Bo Dre; 12-09-2007 at 11:12 PM.

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    As much as I dislike PBF and "Heavyhitter08" ,, I hate to admit it,, but you guys were right... Mayweathers speed n strength was no match for Hatton.. IMO, this fight proved that Mayweather could hold his own amongst a skilled brawler and is amongst boxing elite.. He couldn’t have fought a better match and has finally gained my respect for him inside the ring.. Ok, enough of that.. Back to my usual anti-Mayweather bashing

When asked twice by Letterman about Cotto (A question which he knew was coming) evadingly he responds that "He will not let boxing retire him" ?!?! C'mon, is that the best response the proclaimed best P4P Welter-weight champ could give?! I mean if he wants to retire and become a monkey promoter and leave this one last battle un-conquested, that’s just great for him He will just go down in history as being one of the greatest welter-weights ever (minus) a fight against Cotto.. It’s like saying Michael Jordan was the best b-ball player ever but chose to never play against let’s say, a Larry Bird or Magic Johnson.. Great Champions are realized by the obstacles they overcome...

Anyways,, I know this is a point-less rant b/c there is no way boxing is ready to lose its #1 money-maker.. I just hope it happens sometime soon..
    yeah i got to agree with you there.
    Neither boxer needed the pay day, it was down to "who is the best", that was the reason they got in the ring together.
    For Mayweather i think the only fight he has left is Cotto.

On deciding who is the best i think this is and should be the real reason fighters fight not money or any other political reason, it is and always will be a sport no matter how many people try to sell the game off as a business.

Money like many things is tempory in life, but pride lasts forever.
    Mayweather is that kind of fighter, he wants to be the next Achillies, he wants to be talked about for a thousand years.
    Floyd is a boxer who you cant talk about like 99% of top class boxers, yeah but he got beat by... or he got knocked by... or he lost that fight really...but when he was champ there was on one around to take the belts off him etc the list can go on and on, you cant say those things with him and to me, that is why he is already great, already a legend.

I think he will fight Cotto and probably call it a day after and if so, in my eyes he will be one of the greatest ever in any weight for more than one reason.

-Being consistent
    -Never letting politics get in the way
    -Never turning down a fight
    -Never dodging anyone of threat
    -Disposing of everyone he faced.
    Last edited by Odpierdol_sie!; 12-10-2007 at 05:27 AM.

big ups pbf won a good fight and look good doing it.

-Never turning down a fight -Margarito
    -Never dodging anyone of threat-Mosley Margarito and now cotto

am not hating on him. he is a grate fight and posses very good skills. but if he want to be TAG he hase to fight the best in his division.
    he hase not fought them yet. William's cotto Margarito citron Mosley this r the guys that r true WW that have been waiting for there shot but instead of Pb fighting one of these guys .he opted to fight a jrWW in hatton. lets not forget that hatton moved up to 147 to fight collazo in Boston and collazo give a hell of a fight and hade hatton hurt in this fight. and collazo only hade 10 kos on his record .some people thought collazo won the fight. but they give it to hatton. after that fight hatton did not like fighting at 147 so he went back down in weight to 140 where he is more affective. so its hard for me to give pbf crateted for this fight. wen he should of fought Mosley cuz before he took the hatton fight mosley beat collazo mosley was next in line and he is a natural WW and he beat a natural WW that in the boxing community new he beat Hutton so it would only make since to fight mosley. no he opted to fight Hotton why!!?? he is not relly a natural WW .
    and pbf defense he hase fought dlh and judah and boldamir.
    well lets take a look. will start with dlh a ATG but he is past his prime very slow dlh dose not seem like bhop and mosley wen they fight they dont look shot. dlh look slow and a bit clumsy and slow on his feet and he has stamina problem .a big Win for pbf never the less cuz it was a big name but dlh was far from his prime.
    lets look at judah very fast and hase good pop on his hands but he hase the Brain of a worm not a smart fight at all. any B fighter with a good game plan can take him out. wich it bring me to boldamir a B fighter who beat judah before he fought pbf .and hade the belt but he is not in the elite level as . cotto Williams mosley margarito cintron.
    to be a all time grate you have to fight the best if not then you going to be comperd to rjj a grate fighter who hade a questionable courier.
    Last edited by p4p1; 12-10-2007 at 09:47 AM.

Thread Information