dank1970 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

matt hughs vs.matt serra

who thinks Matt Hughes deserves to be fighting for the welterweight title? this is what I think about it Lets see now... st. pierre owns hughes then serra owns pierre then pierre has a spectacular bout against koscheck after kos beats sanchez who was 19-0 kos was 11-0 and so now hughes coaches tuf AGAIN against serra so now he deserves a shot at the title?oh yea he had a pretty unimpressive bout against Chris Lytell, a newcomer.

$$TML 4 LIFE$$ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dank1970 View Post
    who thinks Matt Hughes deserves to be fighting for the welterweight title? this is what I think about it Lets see now... st. pierre owns hughes then serra owns pierre then pierre has a spectacular bout against koscheck after kos beats sanchez who was 19-0 kos was 11-0 and so now hughes coaches tuf AGAIN against serra so now he deserves a shot at the title?oh yea he had a pretty unimpressive bout against Chris Lytell, a newcomer.

I wouldnt call GSP's performance against Kos spectacular.....he took kos down which surprised me but other then the submission attempt he didnt impress me at all

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by $$TML 4 LIFE$$ View Post
    I wouldnt call GSP's performance against Kos spectacular.....he took kos down which surprised me but other then the submission attempt he didnt impress me at all
    ok well whatever anyone think hughes should be given a shot for the title. he hasnt really done shit since pierre handed him an ass whoopin. I mean come on,seriously, Dana is all over Liddell and Hughes nuts why not give someone else who deserves it a shot.
    Last edited by dank1970; 11-18-2007 at 07:57 PM.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I am actually looking forward to this fight to be honest.

GSP is a great fighter, but as far as strength goes he is not on the same levels as Serra and Hughs. I think Serra could be GSP again, he's a bull and GSP while a great striker is not heavy handed enough to punish a pitbull for charging in.

Hughs on the other hand is a better wrestler than Serra, a smarter fighter and equally or maybe stronger than Serra.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    I am actually looking forward to this fight to be honest.

GSP is a great fighter, but as far as strength goes he is not on the same levels as Serra and Hughs. I think Serra could be GSP again, he's a bull and GSP while a great striker is not heavy handed enough to punish a pitbull for charging in.

Hughs on the other hand is a better wrestler than Serra, a smarter fighter and equally or maybe stronger than Serra.
    oh I'm lookin forward to it dont get me wrong I just dont think Hughes has done anything to deserve a shot since he lost the title He beat a new comer, big deal. I hope serra knocks him out he his a cocky ass that is for sure

fdrx7man is offline Member
    i live in davenport where a lot of the fighters comes from, including hughes, he lives ohh about 20 mins away from me.. I think Hughes deserves a shot.. i think the st.pierre fight was bogus.. i dont think it was as bad as people thought.. i mean you get hit in the junk not once but twice and tell me if you feel the same not a min afterwards.. i think not..

but what the hey im def looking forward to it!! i like both matts honestly.. but since hughes is my hometown guy i kinda have to lean his way..

tim sylvia on the otherhand hes a punk man!! totall arse when ya meet him in person.. i could care less if he wins again.. he thinks hes beter than everyone else and its very sad expecially when there supposed to be role models..

Blog Entries
    he has always just looked big fat dumpy and stupid to me. and whats with the redneck joe dirt sideburns. hey does he live in a trailor park? and is his mom really his sister? lol I got fifty bucks that says she is.

ha ha no he actually has a nice house (from the outside).. but his sister being his mom couldnt tell ya.. but i wouldnt doubt it.

CAT1 is offline Female Member
    i dont get why people say he's (Sylvia) an underated fighter . I think he's overated ! leaning on someone against the fence for half around and doing nothing is so lame . Your supposed to be a fighter so fight !!

Ironweb is offline Member
    I am looking forward to the fight. Hughes dominated the WD for some time. He deserves a shot at the title because of his contribution to the sport for all years he held the title against some good fighters. What a great match up. Personally I think it is going to be a great fight and as a fan its one worth taping. IMO serra is one of the more underated fighters in the game. I would love to be trained by him. Hughes is a good wrestler but Serra has sick BJJ. I think Serra is going to take it.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    hey i hope hughes gets retired caus he's opening a school here just outside st louis. Now i wont be going to it cause my school is everything i could want, but im so excited that it will bring more fights and fighters to my hometown.

That being said... hughs by ko round 2

pepperoni is offline Associate Member
    you have now twice said that chris lytle is a newcomer... which is simply not true. in fact he is the exact opposite of a new comer.

The Lion is offline New Member
    Lytle might not be a newcomer, but he still not that good. Hughes got an easy fight with him and then he get's a title shot? It would seem fair that he should have to fight another contender (and win) before he gets another crack at the title.

-Just my humble opinion

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    hughes will take it no doubt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    hughes will take it no doubt
    thats what everyone said about gsp right before serra took his belt from him.

Quote Originally Posted by dank1970
    thats what everyone said about gsp right before serra took his belt from him.
    gsp is a much better fighter than serra, he just had an off fight,

of course anything is possible

i agree with amor!!! hughes has it!

rar1015 is offline Anabolic Member
    I just read that Matt Serra suffered a back injury so GSP will take his place against Matt Hughes.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    gsp vs hughes for the interim ww title. most probable outcome is gsp beating hughes and then serra to regain the title, but then again anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    I just read that Matt Serra suffered a back injury so GSP will take his place against Matt Hughes.
    now that is going to be a good rematch

Kingweb50 is offline Member
    I dont know why everyone keeps saying hughes has no chance against gsp Hughes beat him already once by submission why couldnt he do it again?

i agree with King, GSP did low blow him in the last match, and i dont care who ya are! that takes the spunk out of ya! I think it will be a good match!! and since both have a win over the other!! its up in the air who will win! Im going with hughes tho!! mainly cause hes been training harder for a lil longer than GSP for this match.. I know that cant hold 100% true but its my only point ha ha!!

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingweb50 View Post
    I dont know why everyone keeps saying hughes has no chance against gsp Hughes beat him already once by submission why couldnt he do it again?
    its the manner in which they defeated eachother. there first fight gsp was stuffing hughes and even tagged em with some shots standing up. so its safe to say he was winning up until hughes pulled a counter out of his ass that gsp or prolly nobody else expected in a million years. there second fight.......well.......NUFF SAID. now could hughes pull another rabbit out of his hat and surprise us all again?! for sure. is it very likely? i dont think so.

im just excited for this fight!! im going to be drinkin lots of miller light, and eating a crap load of nachos, and pizza, and hittin on girls and yeah.. ha ha ha!! ok ill prob pass on the grease food..

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fdrx7man View Post
    im just excited for this fight!! im going to be drinkin lots of miller light, and eating a crap load of nachos, and pizza, and hittin on girls and yeah.. ha ha ha!! ok ill prob pass on the grease food..
    To bad, fights cancelled.

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    I think Hughes vs GSP is the only smart matchup. Hughes dominated the division, then got beat by a very good GSP. So of cource he deserves the shot.

Chris Lytle is actually pretty good imo, if you look at his L's, they all are against very top notch fighters, Hughes, Serra, Alves. Lytle is no slouch.

abombing is offline Associate Member
    GSP all the way baby! He learned he lesson not to take any fight lightly. He will be ready for Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi View Post
    To bad, fights cancelled.

since when?? GSP and hughes is still on!

Thread Information