Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Ninja & Shogun Leave Chute Boxe

I said this would happen months ago and it has finally been made official.

Murilo Ninja and Mauricio Shogun today announced its official output of the team of fighters of the Chute Boxe. Rudimar Fedrigo leader of the team talked about the decision of former chuteboxers. "We regret the output of Murilo and Mauricio Rua, they are trained fighters in the team and left the team to train in the United States. Recall that the doors of Chute Boxing will always be open to both and wish good lucky and success in your new team.

Link in portuguese:
    http://www.chuteboxe.com.br/2007/ind...d=186&Itemid=2
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 12-18-2007 at 03:46 PM.
    ***No source checks!!!***

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    yeah the opportunities are here, the money is here. These guys have families to support. Although one could argue that the money a fighter get from fighting would go a long way in brazil

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    any word on where they'll end up ?

orton4 is offline Member
    yeah i saw that today... i think it said in the article they r starting a school in Mass.. i would like them to team up with Wand but realistically that is not the best idea for the rua brothers in their business and fighting endeavors ... woud love to see it though

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Team Link is in Mass (Gonzaga, Filho) and they've done seminars around here before.

abombing is offline Associate Member
    I'm surprised, I thought everyone in the world is going to extreme Coture.

sphincter is offline Member
    yeah, the money goes a long way in Brazil but you have to be here to earn it and get the fights. It helps to be used to your surroundings and get comfortable with where you're going to fight at.. I think them being in the states will have a positive effecton their mental game and help them do well in the octagon. They can always cisit Brazil when they're homesick and train with the ChuteBox school (if they really are on good terms, not just fake BS and bitterness) but they need to be here ot get comfortable and understand their new "home turf" so to speak IMHO.

I agree that they could hook up with Wandy for a sweeeet team here but then it'd be kinda like ChuteBox jr. and would not be as beneficial for them as seperate endeavors would likely be.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Actually Shogun does not want to move tot he USA!

From MMAWEEKLY

Ninja started his career years ago with Master Rafael Cordeiro and was responsible for bringing Shogun to the sport.

"I am leaving Chute Boxe to build my own team,” said Ninja. “I don't have a name yet, but it will be decided soon.

“The fact is that an MMA fighter’s career is short and we don't have huge purses and I have to look for the best for me and my family. I had a good proposal from a businessman to open a facility in Massachusetts, and that will be my destiny soon. I have talked to Master Rudimar Fedrigo and it is sad to leave the camp where I was born, but life goes on."

Shogun told MMAWeekly.com, "I am leaving Chute Boxe because of my brother. I cannot be part of a team that sometime could face my brother. I love Chute Boxe and all my training partners, but I need to be next to my brother on that.”

About the plans of the Rua brothers, things are not clear yet according to Shogun.

"I definitely don't want to move to the U.S. I want to stay, live and train in Brazil. I will try to convince (Ninja) to stay in Brazil. We will build a new camp, but I’ll try my best to not go to U.S. I have family here, my wife has family here and its complicated to leave all this behind and move to another place.”
    ***No source checks!!!***

Thread Information