madmonty is offline Junior Member

Matt Skelton vs Ruslan Chagaev

Matt skelton fights tonight in dusseldorf Germany against heavy weight champion Ruslan Chagaev.

Just wondering what your thoughts are on matt skelton maybe a big maybe becoming a world champion .

well he def aint no lennox lewis,frank bruno or tyson.

hes 40 yrs old made his debut fight at 33yrs old.

ive seen plenty of this fights and one against danny williams were the crowd were booing and was the worse fight ive seen hardly any punches thrown .

England aint really got agood heavyweight devision NOT LIKE WE USED TO , BUT OTHER WEIGHTS WEVE GOT CHAMPIONS AND CHAMPIONS IN THE MAKING AMIR KHAN,HATTON,HAYE,CALZAGHE.

Matt Skelton - Won 21 (ko 18) Lost - 1 Drew - 0 Age 40yrs

Ruslan Chagev - Won 23 (ko 17) Lost - 0 Drawn 1 Age 29 Yrs

well as i expected matt skelton lost but i think done well to make it the 12 rounds , think could of gone either way didnt agree with points scoring.anyway skelton never expected to get a world title shot and dont think he will ever again.Ruslan won fair play but he aint nothing top class wots happened to the heavy weight devision were have all the tysons,foremans,ali,lewis,frazer,bruno and so gone the world def lacks good top heavy weight fighters,anyway just wanted to no if anyone else watched fight and what they thought and wot they think about the heavy weight devision

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonty View Post
    well as i expected matt skelton lost but i think done well to make it the 12 rounds , think could of gone either way didnt agree with points scoring.anyway skelton never expected to get a world title shot and dont think he will ever again.Ruslan won fair play but he aint nothing top class wots happened to the heavy weight devision were have all the tysons,foremans,ali,lewis,frazer,bruno and so gone the world def lacks good top heavy weight fighters,anyway just wanted to no if anyone else watched fight and what they thought and wot they think about the heavy weight devision
    Skelton did surprise me that he lasted 12 rounds. Hes got a great chin but hes not a very good boxer. Hes a mauler.

England has a ton of great boxers at the moment. The only thing lacking is their heavies.

Thread Information