Cassano is offline Junior Member

Boxers and steroids...

Hi guys. Could anyone tell me if professional boxers (olympic competitors aside) get tested for steroid use before fights?

FillyMan85 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassano View Post
    Hi guys. Could anyone tell me if professional boxers (olympic competitors aside) get tested for steroid use before fights?
    I don't think so since boxing isn't regulated by some higher power. Just a bunch of promoters setting up a fight here and there

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by FillyMan85 View Post
    I don't think so since boxing isn't regulated by some higher power. Just a bunch of promoters setting up a fight here and there
    except maybe the State Boxing Commission.

Commission rules vary from state to state, make a plan accordingly.

Hiphopharry is offline Associate Member
    Depends on the State, however, even the bigger states like NY, CA and Nevada do not test all the time. These states tend to either do a random test for gear prefight, with everyone getting tested for rec. drugs like weed, coke, etc., or they do test for gear if a title is at stake. I think it is safe to say that you can assume that you might be tested in the bigger states, but not in the smaller ones. Any title fight, even minor ones, they prob will test in most places. Some states son't even test for anything if there is no titleon the line!! Some just ask you to fill out a statement!

jojo40 is offline Female Member
    Just wondering...since boxing ask more for speed, coordination and cardio would it be a good thing to take steroid since it help to get more muscle ???

FillyMan85 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo40 View Post
    Just wondering...since boxing ask more for speed, coordination and cardio would it be a good thing to take steroid since it help to get more muscle ???
    There's tons of steroids out there. Not all are intended to add massive amounts of muscle, but nonetheless, they can certainly help.

I love this forum, we learn something new every day. Thank you !

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    well, baseball involves a lot of speed and coordination, and barry bonds jumped from 40 homeruns to EIGHTY after he juiced. at an age when most athletes numbers are going down.

there are plenty of things juice can do for a boxer. EQ will raise your RBC, increasing cardio, and some juice like anavar leans you up, only puts on a little muscle, but gives you a disproportionate power to weight ratio. which translates into speed as well as power. and the increased recovery means you can train harder, longer.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA View Post
    well, baseball involves a lot of speed and coordination, and barry bonds jumped from 40 homeruns to EIGHTY after he juiced. at an age when most athletes numbers are going down.

there are plenty of things juice can do for a boxer. EQ will raise your RBC, increasing cardio, and some juice like anavar leans you up, only puts on a little muscle, but gives you a disproportionate power to weight ratio. which translates into speed as well as power. and the increased recovery means you can train harder, longer.
    Great!!! I'm just trying to get my hands on anavar and I have a boxing class 2x per week. I would really love to increase my recovery time and my speed.
    Thank you for the input !!!

meloyelo7337 is offline New Member
    i would like to start taking boxing classes....not to go pro just for the work out and atmissfer (i know i spelt that wrong).
    do you think 28 is to old for that.

mmmmma is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meloyelo7337 View Post
    i would like to start taking boxing classes....not to go pro just for the work out and atmissfer (i know i spelt that wrong).
    you could never be too old to get your ass kicked.

lol....i hear that

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    Actually this is a good point.

Steroids in boxing although does occur is much less frequent than other sports and pales in comparison to other combat sports such as MMA. Boxing only had I believe 2 positive tests in 2007 whereas MMA had over 25. This statistic was from an article by Dave Meltzer of Yahoo.com who covers MMA and pro wrestling.

ectomorph28 is offline Associate Member
    Absolutely not. Ive been boxing for a little over a year now and its an amazing workout. Balance it with a great weight-lifting program and u'll be ripped.

Enjoy.

E-Roids is offline New Member
    winstrol has popped up in boxing' ... they only use it as a cutter! but now with all the testing bein done, alot of them wont even touch it!

E

Don't worry about your age. I will be 40 in 2 weeks and I started my class last september and I feel great. My coach was Canadian champion in her category and believe me she can kill us every class but we all enjoy it. We have people from all different age.

So I would say : Go for it my friend !!!

thanks i am going to have to look into it.

Sculpture is offline Associate Member
    I think at 28 you are way too old to train;-)

Geordi LaForge is offline Junior Member
    I'm not a boxer, I do MMA and grappling, but I found durabolin helped my boxing a lot. I was able to avoid dropping my hands at all, round after round and take heavier impacts to my muscles (blocking punches and kicks, or just absorbing them, made easier).

Hiphopharry is offline Associate Member
    go with anavar ! That's what you need, strength, doesn't dry you out, no sides, cuts, and you keep a lot of it!

Thread Information