sassbs11 is offline Banned

Ricky hatton v floyd mayweather

My champ hatton fighting this week against a tough determined lacanzo but should come through it then hes got another fight, then maybe mayweather if hes lucky, would you guys like to see a rematch? and pls no bullshitterz about how he got slapped and should retire, hatton was beaten on the night by the better boxer. fair dos to floyd, but hatton also beat himself that night , mentally floyd murdered him b4 the fight and im hoping if theres a rematch hatton will stay away from the limelight prefight like all his other fights and show the world the real ricky.

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sassbs11 View Post
    My champ hatton fighting this week against a tough determined lacanzo but should come through it then hes got another fight, then maybe mayweather if hes lucky, would you guys like to see a rematch? and pls no bullshitterz about how he got slapped and should retire, hatton was beaten on the night by the better boxer. fair dos to floyd, but hatton also beat himself that night , mentally floyd murdered him b4 the fight and im hoping if theres a rematch hatton will stay away from the limelight prefight like all his other fights and show the world the real ricky.

Haha, Are you serious??

If you admit Hatton was beaten by the better boxer then why in the world would there be a rematch?? Sorry, will never happen and I dont think anyone other than you UK fans would want to see it also.. You can blame pre-fight jitters, mental tactics, etc.. Bottom line, PBF completely broke down hatton... It didn’t even go 12 rounds!! It went 9 rounds w/ hatton barely sneaking in just 1 in the 5th I think..

Listen, im far from a Mayweather fan and would want nothing more than to watch him be dethroned, BUT I think you UK fans should just stand by Cotto for now.. We'd be lucky to just watch that go down

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    D-Bo, you and I have gone round and round about Mayweather v Cotto. I don't know if it will happen, but what about James Kirkland v. Cotto. I think that would be a helluva fight! What do you think?

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    D-Bo, you and I have gone round and round about Mayweather v Cotto. I don't know if it will happen, but what about James Kirkland v. Cotto. I think that would be a helluva fight! What do you think?
    Wuddup BgMc,

Ahh maybe,, but nothing in the near future... Kirkland still has a few more steps to climb before he gets a shot at an undefeated Cotto.. Too risky by both camps.. Dont forget what happend to Edison Miranda, another talented fighter who attempted to do too much too soon (Btw, I got tix to Abraham vs. Miranda II, June 21st!! I cant wait!!)

The way it seems it gonna go down is Cotto vs. MARGARITO on July 26th.. Then Oscar claims to want Cotto sometime in December.. Soooo,, If we ANY chance of seeing Mayweather vs. Cotto, it will be mid 09'.. What ya think Bg?

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    You're right about Kirkland, D. He does have a way to go, but I dig his style. Very straightforward, like a small Tyson. It would be a slugfest between him and Cotto. But he does have to fight better opposition (great point about Miranda, BTW).

If Mayweather beats DLJ soundly (which I expect), he'll have no choice but to fight Cotto or his legacy will definitely be tarnished. I doubt DLJ will fight Cotto if he loses to Mayweather soundly. Plus that fight will be in Puerto Rico, where DLJ will (for the 1st time in yrs) be fighting in front of a hostile crowd. At 36, I don't know how he'll handle that.

Hey yo D, what do you think of a Kirkland v Berto matchup? Now that will be a good fight!

Thread Information