Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries

EliteXE on CBS= sucks ass

Not that the fights are terribly bad but all the BS between bouts is annoying as hell.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member

Blog Entries
    Ok I take that back the first to fights so far were terrible...LOL

Blog Entries
    So far the ladies are putting on a better show than the guys are...

WTF, stopage of a title fight for an accidental eye poking???

Smith was fine, he had 5 minutes to recover, let him take the 5 then make a decision, that doctor bitch needs to be fired. The fight was getting good too damn.

Last edited by Voice of Reason; 05-31-2008 at 09:10 PM.

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    BS stoppage of the Kimbo fight, it should have been stopped in the 2nd round when he was beating on kimbos head for over a minute with out kimbo defending. Kimbo did better then i expected, but IMO he has been exposed for what he is..

Blog Entries
    Yeah I have never seen so many bad stoppages in one event.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yupe but it was free Elite XE has does have a long way to go before getting up there.

Kimbo will get tested for real when they get a real heavyweight in there with him that can actually do something on the grown.

Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    Yupe but it was free Elite XE has does have a long way to go before getting up there.

Kimbo will get tested for real when they get a real heavyweight in there with him that can actually do something on the grown.

Thats my point and why i say he has been exposed. He was getting beat pretty bad in the 2nd round on the ground to someone who was not very good on the ground and If they stopped the fight in the third round, the fight should have been stopped in the 2nd round. IMO the only two things he has going for him is Heavy Hands and is very very strong. His striking ability is pretty good but how would he fair against someone who can both strike good and is good on the ground, i don't think very well, better yet I think he would get absolutely get destroyed against a powerhouse wrestler like Brock lesnar.

cloverfish is offline New Member
    you have to take into consideration that this is a little watered down due to the audience. it is on cbs. they have to kind of break the public in gently, ie calling fights off before they get too gory.

i think it is a very smart consideration. the cbs/elitexc fan is a different animal than the hardcore PRIDE/UFC crowd. they have to sugercoat a little bit in order to maintain audience.

war gina, she pulled that out of her ass...i think kaitlin was hyped beyond her capabilities.

lawler/smith fight was awesome.

baroni sucks.
    Last edited by cloverfish; 06-01-2008 at 12:08 AM. Reason: forgot something

brewerpi is offline Associate Member
    it belongs on pay per view or a pay cable channel

PingPang is offline Associate Member
    stoppage of Kimbo fight was pre-mature...but i like all mma fighting so i'll watch the stuff on cbs if it's on...

And i will continue to watch Kimbo fight..the man will probably be responsible for some great knockout punches

Well now Bas Rutten knows what he has to work on with Kimbo, is ground game and ground defense.

Kimbo should step back for a few month and really learn all of this.

I mean what is the use of putting a guy up like this to see him get beat up by a third grade fighter.

I guess that Kimbo hype is more related to people that dont really know MMA and that just love to see banging.

Elite XE is great for MMA and they are getting out there, i wish Carrano would have lost too, still that fight was very good.

Baroni is done why he is still getting fight deals is behond me, he got a great body, great stand up but thats where is stops, he is now 10/10.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Whatever.... it didn't suck... you sit around and act like know it all mma fans and then go on to say an event as a whole sucked??? That's no fan, it is just a know it all attitude.

It was better then a ton of pay perview events that Dana White has made me pay for in the past...and the show was put on in a proffesional manner for free on national television....they stepped it up from the last one big time.

Aside from the early stoppage with Lawler and the Kimbo fight should have went a little longer.. I enjoyed the fights... I thought it was a questionable stoppage in the second round when he had Kimbo on the ground... he was kind of pinned with his hands tied up, so it is not the same as when someone kind of just balls up and doesn't defend themself while both hands are free... it could of been stopped, but I am not going to ride that angle too hard cause there was only a few secs left in the round anyway..

Also the owner of EliteXC acted like a standup man and said that he would give both the fighters their win pay for the stoppage... Now that's sportsmanship, something UFC ownership doesn't know anything about...

EliteXC is grabbing some great fighters promoting it way better than UFC and is going to sneak in the back door.... the commentators got better and Frank Shamrock did good, even though I couldn't stand him before, and they put on a good show...

This organization is the one stepping it up and putting it out there not UFC... it should be UFC because they started it all, but they have that Dana White goof ball, thinks he knows it all, fvcking up that organization... talking shit about fighters and screwing them, put on lackluster cards etc... that dude should act like an owner and keep his mouth shut about fighters, stay in the back scenes, and let everyone do there job and act like an owner instead of an opinionated fan...

anyhow, don't be suprised when these orgs like Elite and Affliction start taking over the show and fighters because they bring it on the table for all fighters and bring on the shows everyone wants to see... not just what the UFC (Dana White) thinks it is about and gots everyone suckered into his thought process...

Elite XE is far from being bad and it really doesnt suck, in fact it got some pertty good fighters.

Cung Le kicks ass, Frank Shamrock and now maybe Tito Ortiz (That would be the logic choice if he wants to fight again in MMA).

There is still hope for Kimbo, has for me i really like to see this guy fight, but has many say he is in the very very early stage of is carreer, depending on what Elite XE want to go with him.

The way i see it they have two choice either feed him some wash off fighters or no name fighters or acutally pit him against talent fighters, i am sorry but James Thompson is more a freak of nature then a great fighter.

Alexander Emilianko who has not fought in a long time would be one of the best test for Kimbo, still after last night Kimbo needs to step down and really focus on the ground game because any intelligent fighter will take him down, this guy is way to powerful to stand up and bang with, unless you are Eric Pele.

Hell bring in Mirco Crocop.

I see only postivie things happening with Elite XE, and many more top fighter signing.

They got a spot in CBS something that UFC could never get.

I really dont give a fvuck about the promoters, Dana White is an a-hole for sure but still the UFC is far better then it was couple years ago and each weight division is filling up with serious talent.

I use to hate Keith Jardine but man he did put on a great match against Chuck Liddell and beating him.

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    i have paid for ufc fights thats sucked ten times as much as that. so lets be honest it was fun to watch and something different to watch.. dana white went on record a while ago sayin kimbo would be great for the sport, now that he is not making money of him he talks shit.. ufc over charges for alot of useless fights.

kimbo had two good reversals on the ground, his problem is he went way to hard to fast and was out of breath. thats his weakness he needs endurance or the ability to pace himself.

he is a good fighter, not one of the greats, but he is good at what e does, but one of the great will beat him by taking out of his game
    Last edited by quarry206; 06-01-2008 at 08:36 AM.

cloverfish is offline New Member
    i think for a first event, it went really well. I will watch again. I love how they explained all the rules and regs with demos first. That was a great idea for uninfomed consumer.
    I feel like this show gave ME some credibility, like all the people I know that know I train and think its barbaric or stupid, which is a lot (family included)...now they see it is a legitimate sport, i love how the announcers focus on the 'cerebreal' aspects of MMA. I hope mix martial arts becomes a sport that infiltrates this country like football, or like Muay Thai in Thailand. Elite XC is making that happen.
    Dana White needs to slither back into the lair from which he came. He treats fighters badly except for the ones he's friends with, he overcharges for shitty cards, and is an attention whore, mysoginstic bastard who claimed women should never be allowed to fight.

i for one am boycotting and will never buy a UFC ppv again.

*Yannick- i wanted gina to lose too she pissed me off by not making weight. Then she had the nerve to say, "the, um gogoplata, um I think it's called, giggle heehee." YOU ARE TRAINING WITH RANDY COUTURE WORK ON YOUR FREKING GROUNDGAME SO YOU DON"T LOOK LIKE A FISH FLOPPING AROUND WHEN YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO GRAPPLE. YOU ARE EMBARASSING FEMALE FIGHTERS EVERYWHERE.

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    I thought the fights were alright for free. Kimbo clearly got favoritism in that fight. He's their money maker.

Plus all the suits and ties, dancers, busta rhymes. It was cool, but once you let in the flock of mainstream it has a different feel.

*Yannick- i wanted gina to lose too she pissed me off by not making weight. Then she had the nerve to say, "the, um gogoplata, um I think it's called, giggle heehee." YOU ARE TRAINING WITH RANDY COUTURE WORK ON YOUR FREKING GROUNDGAME SO YOU DON"T LOOK LIKE A FISH FLOPPING AROUND WHEN YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO GRAPPLE. YOU ARE EMBARASSING FEMALE FIGHTERS EVERYWHERE.[/QUOTE]

Well she has to make a choice get back into MMA and training and yes make weight or continue with her other occupations, i think she is acting now and she is involved with the new american galdiator series.

I might be one of the few that think women have there place in MMA, Gina does deserve credit because she did face some pertty good opponents but there are far better women fighters out there.

Bodog fight got some serious female talent, why not bring one of them to really test Carranp, and yes she did look stupid with that gogoplata comment but all and all she knows what she has to do to get back on track.

Last night she was a lot bigger then her opponent, and she did look like she had big fat legs and fat arms, 3 weeks training hell get back on weight training and trime that body.

She is hot and sexy but in MMA that just doesnt cut it, she had some very nice front kicks too last night, front kick are underused in MMA.

Blog Entries
    I didnt like the 20 minutes of BS between fights thats why I said it sucked. Not because I am a fair weather MMA fan. I thought the fights were entertaining for sure. The first two fights were terrible plan and simple. I love the idea of it being on free tv and it looked like CBS spared no expense which is good. But please next time cut out the 20 min of BS between fights I was able to watch WEC fights on Versus inbetween bouts....lol

suzuki99 is offline Associate Member
    exposed for what he is? ohhh you mean someone who has only 3 mma fights and
    what like a year if that of training? guarentee he did better than any of the people talking alllllll that trash about him did in their first year. stoppage was early, but well all know what was about to happen. and those were some weak ass elbows and that didnt open him up at all u really think that should have been called? look at pics of kimbo he walked away from the fight tired not beat up. im not trying to say that thompson wasnt out fighting him. im just saying for someone with verrry little mma experience or training he puts on a good fight and if his age doesnt hold him back i can assure you he will be something all of the righteous azzholz in the sport will appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by suzuki99 View Post
    exposed for what he is? ohhh you mean someone who has only 3 mma fights and
    what like a year if that of training? guarentee he did better than any of the people talking alllllll that trash about him did in their first year. stoppage was early, but well all know what was about to happen. and those were some weak ass elbows and that didnt open him up at all u really think that should have been called? look at pics of kimbo he walked away from the fight tired not beat up. im not trying to say that thompson wasnt out fighting him. im just saying for someone with verrry little mma experience or training he puts on a good fight and if his age doesnt hold him back i can assure you he will be something all of the righteous azzholz in the sport will appreciate.
    34 is not old depending on you treat your body, most people see this has a big number.

I train with 40 year old that are still banging real hard, Kimbo got one great carreer infront of him.

Depending on how Elite XE markets him.

Age related look at Maurice Smith still competing in kickboxing events and MMA at 46, he is not fighting top caliber MMA fighters like he used to but i remember him fighting top guys in the UFC when he was 35 until 38 years old i think and doing very well.
    Last edited by yannick35; 06-01-2008 at 01:54 PM.

Kimbo has nothing in front of him other then what is being spoon Fed to him, He is a Decent Striker, but lets be really honest here, at the Top level he is JUNK...and it was proven last night against a guy who had no ground game and still took him to school.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Thompson is crap of a figher.. I'm sure we've all seen his pride fights, and etc.. I know he was like the british MMA heavyweight champ and all that.. he is a big guy for sure.. but he can't be compared to top level fights.. he barely makes mid level fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfish View Post
    you have to take into consideration that this is a little watered down due to the audience. it is on cbs. they have to kind of break the public in gently, ie calling fights off before they get too gory.
    Your right on that, especially the Gina fight she beat that girl so ugly they took her off the ring quick during the break between rounds, afraid of what people would think if they saw a woman beat down so nasty.

doolo is offline Associate Member
    I dont know if this has been posted yet. Kimbo did awsome, all you guys out there who dont like him and think he sucks, take another look at that fight last night.

He swept the bigger man 2 or 3 times no problem while he still had gas. He got caught up in trying to catch Thompson a couple times and didnt sprawl too quickly but once he was on his back he did an awsome job standing back up, providing he had the gas. I think his skills are growing just like eveyone expects. His hands are top notch for MMA, hes a big heavyweight, very fast and completly able to improve everywhere which he is doing. His biggest problem was not his ground game at all, it was his cardio. Another note, if either of the fighters had more gas it wouldhv been over in the second, but if they both had plenty of gas kimbo wouldhv tuned him.

bone$ is offline Junior Member
    trust me i am a HUGE kimbo fight..but i share the same views as many when they say "he has never been tested", simply because he hasnt. He is good for how long he has been training, but i refuse to say he is good in the ufc until he faces someone who isnt a sub par or past their prime fighter.

On a different subject, i thought that Elite XC is making steps in the right direction, but ken shamrock was the only person who really knew what he was talking about, for example when kimbo had thompson in a bunch of poor chokes and the announcer was like "he should be able to put him out with this" and frank was like "no, that is TERRIBLE positioning, he will get out easily"

bone$ is offline Junior Member
    fan..not fight..

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    Elite XE is far from being bad and it really doesnt suck, in fact it got some pertty good fighters.

Cung Le kicks ass, Frank Shamrock and now maybe Tito Ortiz (That would be the logic choice if he wants to fight again in MMA).

There is still hope for Kimbo, has for me i really like to see this guy fight, but has many say he is in the very very early stage of is carreer, depending on what Elite XE want to go with him.

The way i see it they have two choice either feed him some wash off fighters or no name fighters or acutally pit him against talent fighters, i am sorry but James Thompson is more a freak of nature then a great fighter.

Alexander Emilianko who has not fought in a long time would be one of the best test for Kimbo, still after last night Kimbo needs to step down and really focus on the ground game because any intelligent fighter will take him down, this guy is way to powerful to stand up and bang with, unless you are Eric Pele.

I see only postivie things happening with Elite XE, and many more top fighter signing.

I really dont give a fvuck about the promoters, Dana White is an a-hole for sure but still the UFC is far better then it was couple years ago and each weight division is filling up with serious talent.

I use to hate Keith Jardine but man he did put on a great match against Chuck Liddell and beating him.
    Holy shit... I hope you dont mean aleksander emelianenko... why would you wanna see kimbo die???? alek will not only beat kimbo, he will ripe him a part... if JT gave him biiiig problems (he would of have won the fight under other org)... alek will KILL HIM...

You are right but him and Fedor are not under any contracts right now, a part from that affliction ppv.

Alexander has gotten so much better theses past few years, i would also love to see a rematch against cro cop.

sprawlbrawl is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cloverfish View Post
    i think for a first event, it went really well. I will watch again. I love how they explained all the rules and regs with demos first. That was a great idea for uninfomed consumer.
    I feel like this show gave ME some credibility, like all the people I know that know I train and think its barbaric or stupid, which is a lot (family included)...now they see it is a legitimate sport, i love how the announcers focus on the 'cerebreal' aspects of MMA. I hope mix martial arts becomes a sport that infiltrates this country like football, or like Muay Thai in Thailand. Elite XC is making that happen.
    Dana White needs to slither back into the lair from which he came. He treats fighters badly except for the ones he's friends with, he overcharges for shitty cards, and is an attention whore, mysoginstic bastard who claimed women should never be allowed to fight.

i for one am boycotting and will never buy a UFC ppv again.

*Yannick- i wanted gina to lose too she pissed me off by not making weight. Then she had the nerve to say, "the, um gogoplata, um I think it's called, giggle heehee." YOU ARE TRAINING WITH RANDY COUTURE WORK ON YOUR FREKING GROUNDGAME SO YOU DON"T LOOK LIKE A FISH FLOPPING AROUND WHEN YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO GRAPPLE. YOU ARE EMBARASSING FEMALE FIGHTERS EVERYWHERE.
    are you a joke first of all this is not the first event and elite xe is inflaring the sport omg come on with out the ufc you have no elite xe you saying that make me feel that you dont know what you are talking about.oh and gina would kick your ass and make you look like a little girl

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Not that the fights are terribly bad but all the BS between bouts is annoying as hell.
    reminded me of the WWE

Blog Entries
    This was what I was talking about. I have seen eliteXE events in that past and CBS just messed it up with the overly long and drawn out crap between bouts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Blog Entries
    The WEC fight tonight was so much better than eliteXE last night.

That Pulver vs Faber fight was awesome.

It's called Elite XC ...

MMMM i didnt watch it on CBS the fight network aired the whole thing live Saturday night.

Not to much commercials

southmadejd is offline Member

Ummmmm Yannick are you just slightly retarded? Alexander Emelianenko would kill him and so would CroCop. I am not sure if I understand everybody correctly but this was technically only Kimbo's 3rd MMA fight not counting Ray Mercer and who the hell has 3 fights and then goes and fights a top tier fighter in their division. If an organization does that to a fighter then they basically want to end their career. I am sure if it were up to you Yannick you would have let Kimbo get his feet wet with Fedor......you know just break him in.

Also it is ELITE XC....not ELITE XE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doolo is offline Associate Member
    I just realized somthing, Kimbo was exposed for what he really is... A guy with enough natural talent to take out all the veteran mma brawler freaks

Last edited by Voice of Reason; 06-02-2008 at 05:30 PM.

CBS/Elite XC politics for sure on most these fights here's a link where Kaitlin says herself what happened in her fight: (Bottom post on the page)

http://www.fightergirls.net/phpBB/vi...=asc&start=135

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information