D-Bo Dre is offline Member

Cool Floyd Mayweather Jr. retires.... AGAIN

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Unbeaten welterweight Floyd Mayweather Jr. announced his retirement again Friday, with boxing’s unofficial pound-for-pound king saying he no longer has the passion necessary to fight.

“I am sorry I have to leave the sport at this time, knowing I still have my God-given abilities to succeed and future multi-million dollar paydays ahead, including the one right around the corner,” Mayweather said. “But there comes a time when money doesn’t matter. I just can’t do it anymore. I have found a peace with my decision that I have not felt in a long time.”

---------------------------------------------------------

C'mon BgMc31, wussup w/ your boy???
    Sooo, what does every1 think he has up his sleeves now?? WWE, Dancing w/ the stars part II, Gladiators, American Idol?!? Ohh man,, how much I hate this guy!! Lol...
    Last edited by D-Bo Dre; 06-06-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    dude i guarntee u he will fight hatton again and de la hoya then after that he will lose to
    calizage

Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    dude i guarntee u he will fight hatton again and de la hoya then after that he will lose to
    calizage
    Wow,, you must be from the UK

no im not but he will fight hatton again in uk then de la hoya maybe oscar first then calizage
    im pretty sure

Pretty bold statements there... Kinda odd how you mention every1 else BESIDES the one person every1 else is anticipating he fights.. Umm Cotto

no no no he would kill coto and he may also fight him but i would be strictly for money like haton making him go up 2 weight classes

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    calizage
    Dude do you even follow boxing? That is the most ridiculous predictions I've ever heard. 1st there is no reason for him to fight Hatton again. The fight was so completely lopsided that the smaller Hatton poses zero threat to Mayweather. Plus fighting Hatton again accomplishes nothing for Mayweather.

Fighting Calzagne? WHAT? There is no way Mayweather will step up 3 weight classes to fight him. There is no way Mayweather can even begin to add that much weight without losing his greatest weapon...speed! Floyd walks around at 155lbs-160lbs. That fight would be suicide and again will gain Mayweather zero credibility.

Obviously something happened with DeLaHoya fight. I'm guessing it was due to the way the split between him and Oscar for their September fight. Obviously Oscar is still demanding the lions share and I'm sure Floyd thinks he should get the larger purse because of the outcome of the 1st fight.

I think this is just a leverage move on Mayweather's part. He won't retire for good. His legacy is dependent upon him beating DelaHoya again and beating the young lion Cotto. Those are the only fights that make sense for Mayweather.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Dude do you even follow boxing? That is the most ridiculous predictions I've ever heard. 1st there is no reason for him to fight Hatton again. The fight was so completely lopsided that the smaller Hatton poses zero threat to Mayweather. Plus fighting Hatton again accomplishes nothing for Mayweather.

Fighting Calzagne? WHAT? There is no way Mayweather will step up 3 weight classes to fight him. There is no way Mayweather can even begin to add that much weight without losing his greatest weapon...speed! Floyd walks around at 155lbs-160lbs. That fight would be suicide and again will gain Mayweather zero credibility.

Obviously something happened with DeLaHoya fight. I'm guessing it was due to the way the split between him and Oscar for their September fight. Obviously Oscar is still demanding the lions share and I'm sure Floyd thinks he should get the larger purse because of the outcome of the 1st fight.

I think this is just a leverage move on Mayweather's part. He won't retire for good. His legacy is dependent upon him beating DelaHoya again and beating the young lion Cotto. Those are the only fights that make sense for Mayweather.

There he is... Thank you..

Yeah,, this is the last thing I would want to watch go down again Lol...

Let's hope so Bg.. BUT if I were to place my chip on anything it would be a Cotto/HOya late 08'!! Then it would be a Monster payday in 09' for a Mayweather re-re-retirement comeback!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Floyd Mayweather Jr. retires.... AGAIN-hatton_mayweatherko.jpg  

El Ricardinho is offline New Member
    Mayweather v Calzaghe? Thats crazy talk. Once floyd beats Oscar again and finishes off by pounding cotto the party is over. He will have noone to answer the call and retire an all time great.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Oscar will win this time....i am going to put some money on it...

I don't think Mayweather retires right now either. too much money to earn.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    Oscar will win this time....i am going to put some money on it...

I don't think Mayweather retires right now either. too much money to earn.
    Prepare to lose money, brotha! A 36yr old Oscar can't deal with the speed of PBF in his prime. Did you see the Forbes fight? Although Oscar was dominant fighting a much smaller fighter, did you see how bad Forbes marked up Oscar's face? PBF is a much faster, bigger, and stronger fighter than Forbes. PBF v. DelaHoya will be just like the 1st fight...Mayweather by decision. But this time it will be a unanimous decision.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wasup BgMc!! I think if delahoya gets tuned up properly this year he should be able to pull it off....maybe that's why PBF is announcing retirement, cause he senses it...

The other thing is if mayweather sr. is delahoya's corner this time, that might be the difference... i still don't get all the bad blood in that family??? crazy!!

Delahoya wants it bad and PBF is probably just not into his training...that will be a bad deal for PBF.
    Last edited by rockinred; 06-07-2008 at 06:19 AM.

ricanmafia is offline Associate Member
    why r yall hattin on my boy cotto he will not lose the jr dont get me wrong it will b a good figth but noooo way!!

ok he fights hatton again for the money duh! then he fight oscar for the money duh! cotto because he has to or will lose his belt for not defending same with calzaghe and he needs to get up to at least 49-0 b4 he can retire he talks all this shit about being the best because he has no losses but his quality of oppenentes arent what they where yaers ago when ray leonard would have smashed him hearns or hagler would all have demolished him and i guess u didnt know he is going to come out of retirement for more money to fight hatton in britian thought that was public knowledge just like him fighting oscar again.......sigh...its that way it works bud

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    Wasup BgMc!! I think if delahoya gets tuned up properly this year he should be able to pull it off....maybe that's why PBF is announcing retirement, cause he senses it...

The other thing is if mayweather sr. is delahoya's corner this time, that might be the difference... i still don't get all the bad blood in that family??? crazy!!

Delahoya wants it bad and PBF is probably just not into his training...that will be a bad deal for PBF.
    I have to respectfully disagree Red! I guarantee PBF announced retirement because of a disagreement in pay. Everyone knows Money Mayweather is about just that...MONEY!

DelaHoya can tune as much as he wants, talent usually prevails in matchups like this. DelaHoya usually has a hard time against smaller faster fighters.

As far as Sr. being in DelaHoya's corner, that means zero. Its just fodder to hype the fight. Sr. hasn't been in Jr's corner for years and Jr hs evolved tremendously since. Roger's a better trainer IMO anyway. Nobody knows Jr better than him.

DelaHoya is trying to stay relevant. He's come up short in every rubber match with smaller fighters but his ego keeps telling him he can win.

ok he fights hatton again for the money duh! then he fight oscar for the money duh! cotto because he has to or will lose his belt for not defending same with calzaghe and he needs to get up to at least 49-0 b4 he can retire he talks all this shit about being the best because he has no losses but his quality of oppenentes arent what they where yaers ago when ray leonard would have smashed him hearns or hagler would all have demolished him and i guess u didnt know he is going to come out of retirement for more money to fight hatton in britian thought that was public knowledge just like him fighting oscar again.......sigh...its that way it works bud
    Both fights don't make sense dude. Its not public knowledge especially since hatton struggled with Luzcano. He doesn't need to be 49-0 to prove he's the best. And the argument against fighters of the past is bullshit. That's a debate that will never end. Another hatton fight does nothing for Floyd's legacy. And stepping up 3 almost 4 wt classes is stupid, especially since he won't be able to hold 168lbs without, again, losing his best weapon...SPEED!!!! So, again, your idea of him fighting Calzagne proves you know little about the sport.

Public knowledge? Maybe wishful thinking in England, brotha! Calzagne next big money fight is at light heavyweight against either Antonio Tarver or Roy Jones. Then there is still Kelly Pavlik. Fighting a much smaller (much, much smaller), Mayweather does nothing for Calzagne's legacy either.

Quote Originally Posted by ricanmafia View Post
    why r yall hattin on my boy cotto he will not lose the jr dont get me wrong it will b a good figth but noooo way!!
    Nobody's hatin on your boy, papi! Cotto is a great fighter but he's tailor made for Mayweather. Straight-ahead, little head movement. Similar to Hatton but bigger and stronger. Plus Cotto been down and hurt several times. Great fight, money-wise for both fighters but a bad style matchup for Cotto. Cotto fans want to talk about the Mosely fight as proof that Cotto can handle a fast fighter, but Mosely did hurt Cotto in that fight. His decision to bang with Cotto was his downfall. Mayweather won't make that mistake.

The huge money fight for Cotto is against Oscar. A fight that would end DelaHoya's career, IMO.

ur wrong bro calzaghe is going down 2 mayweathers going up 2 and he is goign to fight hatton again for the money cmon dont be so nieve

dude you haven't got a clue. This debate is pointless. Please show me any article anywhere that states any of these fantasies you are having. Naïve...dude I live in Vegas and follow the fight game quite closely and there is absolutely zero evidence to your claims.

yeah OK i live in reno i know whats up

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    I think someone is telling you porkies there on the Calzaghe coming down 2 weights! he struggles to keep to his limit at Super middle!
    Even if they meet in the middle Calzaghe would batter Mayweather hes too big, strong and has way too much range. It would be a Jeff Lacy all over again.

I think what hes confusing it is, Hatton has put forward a re-match challenge to Mayweather but at a half weight.... they only put this forward last week so i guess the British Board of Boxing has not returned a verdict on fighting at a half weight division....

Just so no one confuses what im on about, Hatton gains a few pounds from his normal fight weight limit and Floyd Loses a few pounds i.e they meet in the middle.. i can see the sense and it would put Floyd at a disadvantage and Ricky would have a bit more of an advantage, but i dont think it would change much from the last result....

me niether but its going to happen for the moeny

me niether but its going to happen for the moeny
    Nah i very much doubt it in both cases. Calzaghe has nothing to prove by fighting someone who is so much out of his division....
    Hatton, well i know of hatton, i lived in manchester for a good few years, i worked in his home town, i worked with a guy who was one of the "3 amigos" (Hatton, himself and another guy) when they were kids... hes told me as have a few others who know him on a personal basis that hes to wise to hang on for ever waiting for that money dangling fight... hes a clever bloke and a good comentator, if he wanted could easily get signed like McGuigan has.. but hes alos starting a business up so money for him is not a real issue neither is a warrant to hang on for ever to fight a guy hows only after a pay day.

Sooo, don’t know if anyone's heard by now or even gives a shit,, but there’s a rumor going around that Mr. Floyd " I need money" Mayweather is set to make a big announcement on Thursday that he will join the UFC... Dana White has some BIG "announcement" on Thursdays TUFF to sign him to a multi million dollar contract... Can’t wait

Quote Originally Posted by D-Bo Dre View Post
    Sooo, don’t know if anyone's heard by now or even gives a shit,, but there’s a rumor going around that Mr. Floyd " I need money" Mayweather is set to make a big announcement on Thursday that he will join the UFC... Dana White has some BIG "announcement" on Thursdays TUFF to sign him to a multi million dollar contract... Can’t wait
    Cant see why he would do it for money, he can make way more in boxing than he could ever make in MMA.

But saying that, eh will probably be more entertaining from the likes of Kimbo trying to justify fighting in MMA

Thread Information