Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Glock-19 is offline Banned

buildin

deleated
    Last edited by Glock-19; 06-15-2008 at 11:06 AM.

bowwow is offline Junior Member
    I've heard about that... Thanks for the info.

jsinur7 is offline Member
    its not so much your neck that needs to be strong but you jaw muscles... you can get the same effect for resisting knock outs by chewing something tuff like a peice off runner... it's definately good to work the whole neck though but if your nrck is too strong and it resist more then your jaw it defeats the purpose... your neck has to give before your jaw or your jaw will snap back and hit the nerve that blacks you out... definately good exercise to do, but you really wanna focus more on the jaw over the neck to resist being knocke out

Last edited by Glock-19; 06-15-2008 at 10:50 AM.

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    I have been in thailand a year now and training at all muay thai camps around and i see many thai fighters do the neck exercise alot and still they get KO'd with a feather touch to the chin, and on the other extreme i know guys who never train and have iron chins,

Also comes to play the theory of the more you get Ko'd, the easier it becomes to get Ko'd the next time, so Glock-19 i think u need to ease up on the sparring and focus more on the mitts/heavy bag and work on AVOIDING getting hit

Quote Originally Posted by Glock-19 View Post
    Ok you do it your way and Ill do it mine and we can take turns punching each other in the face to see who drops first. You chew on runner? hmmm
    i guess you dont know the true dynamics of getting knocked out then... we can trade punches anytime you like to test the theory.... i've never been knocked out... you seem to have difficulty staying awake... and if you couldn't have figured out runner meant rubber, you need to do all you can to stop being knocked out... it can cause brain issues...if you pay attention to any fights dudes with the biggest necks or even no necks get knocked out cold all the time... thats why it's called iron chin and not iron neck... it's about your jaw, NOT YOUR NECK... so yeah, lets take turns and see who drops first... or better yet so you dont feel bad, we'll let you go a dozen times... i never need more then one...

Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44 View Post
    i see many thai fighters do the neck exercise alot and still they get KO'd with a feather touch to the chin, and on the other extreme i know guys who never train and have iron chins,

so Glock-19 i think u need to ease up on the sparring and focus more on the mitts/heavy bag and work on AVOIDING getting hit

Quote Originally Posted by jsinur7 View Post
    i guess you dont know the true dynamics of getting knocked out then... we can trade punches anytime you like to test the theory.... i've never been knocked out... you seem to have difficulty staying awake... and if you couldn't have figured out runner meant rubber, you need to do all you can to stop being knocked out... it can cause brain issues...if you pay attention to any fights dudes with the biggest necks or even no necks get knocked out cold all the time... thats why it's called iron chin and not iron neck... it's about your jaw, NOT YOUR NECK... so yeah, lets take turns and see who drops first... or better yet so you dont feel bad, we'll let you go a dozen times... i never need more then one...
    Lmao You wanna sparr? That would be fun. Where you from. Im in Sacramento. Lets run this shit.

Lmao You wanna sparr? That would be fun. Where you from. Im in Sacramento. Lets run this shit.
    I'd be all for it bro, but otherside of the country... Jersey... but hey, if i''m ever in the neighborhood i'll let you know no doubt...

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Jsinur...
    what do u chew on,,, just bubble gum, or like Doggie chew toys? or liek rubber tape...

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    Jsinur...
    what do u chew on,,, just bubble gum, or like Doggie chew toys? or liek rubber tape...
    actually your right... want something great to chew on, go to the pet store and get a KONG.. just ask for it and they will show you.... if your mouth is big enough they got little ones for little dogs, but too big for me... get any size you want and cut off a piece that suits you and chew away... its rough at first, and your face and head will hurt the first week or so, but then you'll get a super jaw like a pitbull... lock that shit, and your jaw will break before it gives to a punch...

Jsinur...
    lmao

lmao
    ya know, if i was wrong it would bother me to have someone like you laughing at me, but, it's people like you that give mma a bad name... hey, ignorance is bliss right? You must be ecstatic... educate yourself my friend if you're gonna talk about a subject... you're only embarassing yourself when you laugh at things you obviously know nothing about... but keep doing those neck exercises bro... i'm sure they will get you all the way to the UFC... iron neck, glass jaw... makes a champion...

My jaw muscles are noticablly bigger and my temples have slabs of meat on them now. Just thought id share this with you guys. Anybody interested ask and Ill hook you up.
    Whats this? YOUR JAW MUSCLES???? And Your Having An Easier Time With Taking The Hooks??? COULD THAT BE FROM HOLDING WEIGHTS IN YOUR JAW? Could This Be The Same Effect You Would Get Chewing On The Hard Rubber Like I Said? Without all the neck crap??? Could It Be???? NAAAAHHHHH!!!! Why bother simplifying the workout to focus on the main objective when you can argue just cause someone gave an easier path to the same result...

Right Back Atcha...

jonny101 is offline Associate Member
    dude iv easily got one of the best chins if not the best in all 3 of my camps and iv never dun neck or jaw exercises,i jus grew up boxing and takeing shots since i was 11(im 22 now) and that is by far the best training u can get.ur body adapts over time.
    haveing sed dat iv been told iv got cabbages chin many a time and its just natural lol
    my trainers have told me to train neck weights before but never 2 strenthen my jaw im gona have to agree with jsinur on this one but hey if it works for you carry on man
    Last edited by jonny101; 06-14-2008 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny101 View Post
    dude iv easily got one of the best chins if not the best in all 3 of my camps and iv never dun neck or jaw exercises,i jus grew up boxing and takeing shots since i was 11(im 22 now) and that is by far the best training u can get.ur body adapts over time.
    haveing sed dat iv been told iv got cabbages chin many a time and its just natural lol
    true that... some people just got it like that... same here, but it never hurts to tighten up the jaw... CABBAGE COULD TAKE A PUNCH!!!.. lol... that was unreal the way he took all orlovski's(sp?) hits... UNREAL... lol... it reminded me of the simpsons episode where they made homer fight the champ cause he couldn't be knocked out... lol...

DUDE!!! your avatar is Fing Sweet... lol... And I Thought Yoda Was BAd Ass Before... Lol... kool...

DUDE!!! your avatar is Fing Sweet... lol... And I Thought Yoda Was BAd Ass Before... Lol... kool...
    We got a love connection. how sweet. Ill leave u two alone now.

my trainers have told me to train neck weights before but never 2 strenthen my jaw im gona have to agree with jsinur on this one but hey if it works for you carry on man
    Dude you missed the point of the thread obviously. The thread dosent say who has the best chin. Its about strengthing your neck and jaw from sustaining concussions/broken jaw from takin shots.

We got a love connection. how sweet. Ill leave u two alone now.

What Are You 12?

Dude go fag off in someone elses thread. You are now on ignore.

Dude you missed the point of the thread obviously. The thread dosent say who has the best chin. Its about strengthing your neck and jaw from sustaining concussions/broken jaw from takin shots.
    JAW!!!! JAW!!! JAW!!!! All I Did Was Give You A Way To Skip The Neck Hassle And Strengthing Your Jaw... You Can Work Your Neck Forever And It's Not Gonna Keep You From Getting Knocked Out... The Biggest Strongest Necks In The World Can Be Knocked Out Easier Then A Twig Figure Guy If His JAw Is Weak... And For Given You An Easier PAth To The Destination You Are Looking For You Tell ME Lets Trade Punches... If This IS How You Listen To Your MMA Instructors I Dont Know How You Get Anywhere In The Sport... I Agreed It Was Good To HAve A Strong NEck, But Its Irrelevant In Getting Knocked Out... Thats All I Was Pointing Out... I Never Disagreed With you, I Just Offered Another PAth For Those Who Dont Want To Deal With The NEck Thing Or Would Like An Exercise To Strengthing Their Jaws Anytime Any Place... I Was Offering Advice And Another Point OF View And You Missed The Point Not Me...

Dude go fag off in someone elses thread. You are now on ignore.
    Like I Said 12... Real Smart Ignoring People Offering Help... Yeah, You'll Get Far In This Sport...

Like I Said 12... Real Smart Ignoring People Offering Help... Yeah, You'll Get Far In This Sport...
    Somebody hold her.

Somebody hold her.
    lmao... i dont even need to continue... you look like such an ass... lmao...

I just caught up with this thread

I was serious when I asked him that ... Hey when no one is around,, nothing wrong with chewing on chew toy hehe
    Screw it.. I might take it to work too.. F em! lol

I was serious when I asked him that ... Hey when no one is around,, nothing wrong with chewing on chew toy hehe
    thanks man... I thought you were serious... he seems to be the only one to not get it... now he is going to other threads i'm in and calling me names and shit... unreal...

still lol

still lol
    not sure whats so funny, u're the moron screwing up your teeth and bite, by biting on a towel with a 75lb dumbell hanging off it hahaha

not sure whats so funny, u're the moron screwing up your teeth and bite, by biting on a towel with a 75lb dumbell hanging off it hahaha

Glock-19

Ok I give in you win. Im going to buy a rubber duckie 2.

and i was laughing because your an idiot 2

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Hi guys sorry to bardge in on your flames but we dont you use the ignore list this way you dont see what the other is posting.

You both are MMA competitors, isnt martial arts all about respect and honnor.

This is getting way out of hand, and i am sure that one will get banned real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    Hi guys sorry to bardge in on your flames but we dont you use the ignore list this way you dont see what the other is posting.

This is getting way out of hand, and i am sure that one will get banned real soon.
    forgot about the ignore feature... thanks...

where is the ignore button?

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    where is the ignore button?

Click on the persons profile and then click on users list, there you have a feature ignore that you can select.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Just grow a beard like Kimbo and your all set

Click on the persons profile and then click on users list, there you have a feature ignore that you can select.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Just grow a beard like Kimbo and your all set
    Kimbo's all beard and neck.

jonny101 is offline Associate Member
    No dude u clearly missed the point of my post OBVIOUSLY
    i was stateing that no matta how hard you train your neck it wnt help you,to get a strong jaw you should be takeing shots and letting your body get use to it.As for the love connection comment im not getting involved just grow up,this is a real forum for people who want advice not ppl like you who disagree with something and try to assaninate someones character so ppl agree with you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information