Thread: Anderson Silva?

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado

Anderson Silva?

Well one look at my avatar would show you i'm a rampage fan, and that still holds even after the weak showing against griffen.

but anderson silva seems unstoppable right now. absolutely running through everyone at 185 (his KO's of rich franklin were amazing displays) and his first fight at 205 was just textbook. someone couldn't hope for a better fight than that. i know it only lasted a minute, so irvin didn't get to show much, but in that minute silva showed no fear or intimidation by a bigger fighter.

so assuming he continues the hunt for the 205 belt, how does everyone think he will fare? maybe a more solid 205 (like rampage) would really reveal the weight difference, but is anderson just good enough to win, regardless of being lighter?

i think rampage vs the spider would be an amazing fight

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    wrong man... Irvin wanst bigger that Silva, Actually, Silva was bigger than Irvin.

Irvin means nothing in the run to the 205 title for Silva, must be stupid to think that only cause irvin is been fighting in the LHW was going to beat A.Silva, Silva was fighting at that weight division in PRIDE, A.Silva walks around 220 lb normally, so it's not such a big thing... Silva is good as hell, but to put him as a truelly contender in that weight division, he has to face the cream on that division, and there you got, chuck, wandy, shogun, page, forrest, lyoto, soku... a hell of a stack division.. and to be for real, I dont think he'll stay in that division... he is doing fine where he is...

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    i think rampage could would no problem but agaisnt silva would likely lose rampages last 2 fights were decisions and he could finish hendo in 5 and silva molly wopped him in less than 2

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Anderson is a great fighter, but like Rage has stated, he is a LHW not a Middle weight fighter anyway. He just cuts down like Hendo does.

The light heavy weight division is not for Anderson if he wants to maintain his dominance. There are too many good fighters. No one gets close to Anderson in the stand up because his reach is so long, but in the LHW his reach is still long, but not as long.

He did beat Hendo, but lets face it, Hendo was off that night…he gave him his back, he made a lot of amateur mistakes.

He beat a guy at 205, he actually weighed in at 206. Just because Irvin knocked a guy out in 8 seconds does not mean that Anderson can take over the division with the most talent in the UFC.

I would love to see him fight against guys with outstanding chins, size, striking and grappeling like Shogun or Wandy. Rampage takes knees to the head and it takes quite a few (Ref: Shogun/Wandy Vs. Rampage) he's not going to drop from a strait right.

roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Anderson is a great fighter, but like Rage has stated, he is a LHW not a Middle weight fighter anyway. He just cuts down like Hendo does.

The light heavy weight division is not for Anderson if he wants to maintain his dominance. There are too many good fighters. No one gets close to Anderson in the stand up because his reach is so long, but in the LHW his reach is still long, but not as long.

He did beat Hendo, but lets face it, Hendo was off that night…he gave him his back, he made a lot of amateur mistakes.

He beat a guy at 205, he actually weighed in at 206. Just because Irvin knocked a guy out in 8 seconds does not mean that Anderson can take over the division with the most talent in the UFC.

I would love to see him fight against guys with outstanding chins, size, striking and grappeling like Shogun or Wandy. Rampage takes knees to the head and it takes quite a few (Ref: Shogun/Wandy Vs. Rampage) he's not going to drop from a strait right.

Whats funny is that ppl are talking about a possible match up between fedor and A. silva, thinking that 'cause silva beat irvin, he can take fedor at 205... that's like WTF!!!!!!! Fedor beat the **** out of Tim, 260+ pounds, top 5 hw (not to me, probably top 10, but for sure not someone to be run over either) in 36 secs, anderson beats someone that isnt even top 20 in the lhw division, an ppl talking about the spyder taking on fedor??? I just LMAO at those ppl...

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Anderson has already said, he will stay and fight at 185, and only move up if there is a very good fight at 205... He knows he could do well at 205, but not dominate like how he does at 185...

FYI

Silva vs. Cote is set for Sept.!!!

i'm not trying to say irvin was "good" he seems like an intro fight for anderson. i know he walks around heavy, but who doesn't? if you can cut to 185 then you are obviously small for 20; they don't cut 20 pounds of muscle for a fight..

i also expect him to mainly focus on 185, but i would love to see him step up to some good 205 fighters, just to see if he is THAT GOOD. in all of his ufc fights at least, he's had no real test. and rich franklin might be getting old, but he got embarrassed by silva twice.

i know his reach helps him so much against the smaller 185 fighters, but he seems so well rounded that he could stand someone like rampage or wanderlei who seem more one-dimensional.

just my thoughts

He couldnt stand with Wandy... Page, maybe?

Wandy has been KO'd once... By Hendo(who hits likea mac truck)...

No way AS can KO Silva, his only chance is the ground, and even then, i dont see him being able to do much, Wandy is a BB too, though his BJJ is probably not as good as AS, he wont beable to sub him...

Wandy will terrorize him on the feet...

AS needs to stay at 185, Wandy, Page, Shogun, Chuck, Forrest are likely to much for him... Not to mention, Machida is a close friend and makin a play for the title in 09'

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    He couldnt stand with Wandy... Page, maybe?

Wandy has been KO'd once... By Hendo(who hits likea mac truck)...

No way AS can KO Silva, his only chance is the ground, and even then, i dont see him being able to do much, Wandy is a BB too, though his BJJ is probably not as good as AS, he wont beable to sub him...

Wandy will terrorize him on the feet...

AS needs to stay at 185, Wandy, Page, Shogun, Chuck, Forrest are likely to much for him... Not to mention, Machida is a close friend and makin a play for the title in 09'
    I think Wand is tailor made for Anderson. He has wild loopy punches. His power is insane and his Thai clinch is sick, but if he goes in swingin wildly Anderson will counter him for sure.

Anderson has KO power, he rocked Hendo who argueably has one of the best chins in MMA, as well as Leben who is suppose to have a good chin. Size definetly wont be a factor, I think Wand only walks around at about 215-220 so Anderson will probably be bigger.

Also there are stories saying that during training Anderson and Pele use to always school Wand during sparring.

And Wandy was also KO'd by Mirko, and Vitor knocked him out as well, but I guess that was a TKO

YEA, i forgot about CroCop, but to be fair, its Mirko CroCop... And Vitor hit him with like 15 punches in 7seconds... AS doesnt have THAT kinda speed, though he is pretty fast...

And those stories about Pele and AS schooling Wandy, you have to remember that Wandy didnt come into his own until after his loss to Tito Ortiz... after that, he went on a tear and became a legend...

They wont fight each other anyway, well, im sure Wandy doesnt care, but AS will do the same thing he did with Filho and say they are too close to fight each other...

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Cote v Silva=boring but there are talks that a Liddell v Silva could happen in '09. That might bring the house down.

i think wanderlei has lost some of his luster over the years. in pride, he was unstoppable, but losing to liddell? i think that shows he's aging.. he did dominate jardine, but i don't think he's that great either. i would definitely put andersons bjj ahead of wanderlei's, and i don't think their stand up is as far off as you suggest. just my thoughts, but liddell vs anderson would be pretty sweet

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    In terms of years fighting he may be old but his age is only 32. He has a lot of solid years left in my opinion

Liddell vs AS would be pretty big, no doubt it could be bigger than Tito vs Chuck (in terms of PPV buys not competiton ahah)

And im inclined to agree with Rush (btw bro, Kang is a madman! I see you got that off of MMAweekly too!) Wandy has many years of solid opinion...

Sure, hes 1-3 in his last four fights but,

HW Mirko CroCop, the guy is a killer... i mean, come on

Hendo i.e. my personal GOD, who is the only guy EVER to hold belts in two divison at the SAME DAMN TIME! and who is a contender in both 185 and 205,

and Chuck, whos the #1 contender after he kills Rashad... those arent the worst guys to lose too..

Ill just have to see his next fight and go from there before i make a decision on "The Axe Murderer"

test_cyp is offline Associate Member
    There are so many opportunities at 205. If Vera can get his act together at 205 silva vs. vera would be a great fight.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    mr d. white need to read this thread...i would pay to see those fights....

Thread Information