WDMF is offline Associate Member

KJ Noons stripped of EliteXC Belt

This is very unfortunate. I wonder if it has anything to do with cityboxing. This was the same camp Vera was with and he had problems and didn't fight for a while.

http://mmamania.com/2008/09/19/elite...htweight-belt/

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    No it has to do with him being scared to fight Diaz again...

He knows he got lucky and that Nick will more than likely win the rematch

WDMF is offline Associate Member
    That is pretty weak that he didn't fight him again. I respect Diaz as a fighter, but the kid has an attitude. I don't see why people aren't lined up to fight him with his mouth.

How could you turn down an opportunity to sock him in the mouth that never stops?????

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ^^^ya I agree, if i fought I would, fuc it could be a great win on your record, or a tough loss.

The ongoing feud with EliteXC and its 160-pound champion took another step forward today, as EliteXC Head of Fight Operations Jeremy Lappen announced that Noons would be immediately stripped of his title.

The announcement was posted on the organization's official website.

"We are stripping KJ of his championship belt for refusing to defend against (Nick) Diaz," Lappen said in the statement. "It's a very unfortunate situation but we cannot have belt-holders who refuse to fight the top contenders. We want champions who will fight anyone, anytime, anyplace. That's the mentality all champions should have."

The move by EliteXC is the latest in a battle of public statements and staunch positioning.

EliteXC has maintained throughout the affair that Noons and his manager, Mark Dion, have avoided calls from the organization and made scheduling a title defense for Noons impossible.

Dion has argued that Noons is not being fairly compensated by EliteXC, and that Noons wants to face more-deserving title contenders than Diaz.

Lappen said he was confused as to why Noons would refuse the bout -- especially when it was proposed as a network-television-broadcast main event.

"I don't understand why [Noons] would turn down a chance to be a headliner on CBS on Oct. 4," Lappen said in the statement. "KJ then turned down the fight again when we offered him a headlining spot on our next Showtime date against Nick. From my view, it is a fight against a top-named opponent in Diaz (someone who beat the No. 1 fighter in the world in his weight class), a fighter KJ has bad blood with and a fight the fans really wanted to see. It seemed like a great opportunity for KJ to me."

While the differences between the two camps are still unresolved, Lappen said he hopes the two can reach an agreement in the near future.

"Personally, I do not think it was a smart career move, but I'm sure [Noons] sees it differently," Lappen said. "KJ has two more fights remaining on his contract, so we are still looking forward to having him fight for us again soon, but not as our world champion."

mmajunkie.com
    Last edited by BG; 09-20-2008 at 01:15 PM.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good, great even, you dont want to fight, you dont decide the company does.

No more cry babies, that was one good step for MMA, stip him from the title and let the real fighters fight.

This is one fight that the fan wanted to see with real bad blood between the two, even Noons father got involved at there last PPV.

Behing a title holder means you have to defend it against top contenders.

Even if Diaz is a dick he has some serious talent.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Ahh now I know why Nate said "Somebodies gotta stop being a little bitch and fight my brother for the belt!" at UFN.

Lutador is offline New Member
    I know this is kind of late but bear with me just wanted to note for the record that Nick is actually a really nice guy, really friendly and easy to get along with. Sometimes its hard to get past the mindset that some fighters have to get into to work, for him its part of his "mental game" so to speak to focus on his opponent..sort of like focusing all of his frustration toward that upcoming fight..when in this mindset he takes everything very personally its almost like once you tell Nick "hey you're going to fight Jeff" his mind translates that to "Hey did you know Jeff is trying to take away everything you worked for and humiliate you on national television by beating you down..and ohh yeah he slapped your mom" its that kind of translation in his head.... I know it sounds weird but he really is a nice guy its just the way his mind needs to work for him to be able to do what he needs to do.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I have heard that about Nick before but with each public appearance it seems harder and harder to buy. It seems as if he is mentally ill! He come from a talented camp that seem relatively grounded. Shields seems humble enough and Melendez is the man. No question Nick can fight with the best of them but it just gets old. If he would just play the game, even just a little, he would be a star and people would respect and know him for that talent rather than the impending meltdown. 155 to 170 there are people that beat Nick but I think he gives everyone in those weight classes a good competitive fight short of maybe BJ or GSP. I would love to see Nick vs. Alves or Hughes.

Lutador is offline New Member
    Yeah its probably true that Nick would go alot further in his career if he could play the game better, but you know everybody has to do what works for them. There's never any way to know what really goes on in someone's head. All I know is that as an individual he's a nice guy.
    More to the point though it was definately the right move to strip Noons of the belt, you can't wear the belt and want to call yourself the champion and duck the contenders whether they be Nick Diaz or whoever.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Agreed. Noons did impress me in that Diaz fight though. Great sprawl and very good hands

Thread Information