Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"

Looking way ahead-Mir/Nogueira

Personally I don't see Mir standing a chance. Thoughts?

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    I see Nog better at every aspect of mma than Mir. A lot of people like to say Mir has better wrestling but, Nog is very dangerous off his back. I'm gonna go with Nog rd 3 tko

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Nog TKO in the first. If Mir comes in in-shape this could actually be a fight but he never has in the past so why would this be different. I think Nog handles him easily and finishes it early

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    0 percent chance for Mir.

Let me tell you from personal experience, Minotauro is not a person you want to be on top or underneath you... His BJJ is just on a complete and other level compared to Mir's.

His standup is better, and his chin is light years past Frank's.

Nog by tko rd 1

Comparing anyone's chin to Nog's is not fair outside of Mark Hunt. The man is unreal and has some of the tightest boxing in MMA. Judging from your post you have rolled with Nog? Is he huge in person? I heard his grip is absurd.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Ive rolled with Minotoro and Minotauro, both are amazing. Minotauro's strength is second to none. Just moving from position to position with him is difficult.

I pride myself in being able to keep people from passing my guard, i gotta tell you, he passed like a black belt on a blue belt.

He's actually pretty big. Hes about 6'3 or so id say, There is a great pic of me with him and his brother along with Allan in my album.

That is awesome. How do I access an album? What belt are you currently. I know this probably isn't the best forum for it but I can't PM yet but I am looking start rolling and was hoping to get some thoughts and opinions.

southmadejd is offline Member
    I mean honestly guys....what are the chances of Nog winning by TKO...he hardly ever throws a punch. Now I think he will win but I think this fight will be somewhat slow and boring and probably a decision win.

Lutador is offline New Member
    I'm biased in this thread I guess because I train with Minotoro, Minotauro, and Amaury (Amaury teaches some of the MMA classes at their Praetorian Academy here in Rio) in fact just had dinner with them a few nights ago, but I don't see Mir having a chance in this.
    I second War's opinion of Nog on the ground if you haven't felt you can't understand, and I train with alot of other top BJJ guys like Murilo (who is technically amazing on the mat) and ZeMario but Nog is a different thing altogether on the mat. Frank is outclassed in this fight.
    By the way War I assume you're talking about Allan Goes in your previous post, if so tell him Tom said hello..I've known Allan for years I have a picture of me him and Amaury in the UFC ring before UFC 9.

Nog never throws a punch? Are you kidding me? He has some of the tightest most underrated boxing in all of mma. In fact, I see him winning this fight standing. Actually, I see him winning whatever way he chooses but I would bet a large amount of money that this one does not go to the judges.

Thread Information