Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?

Ricardo vs. Fedor

Alright... At the urging of one of my students, i watched this again today.

I CANNOT believe how this fight was scored!

Ricardo was robbed.

Everyone's favortie cyborg should have lost that fight.

I seriously cant believe this.

Maybe the 3rd round was close, but 1&2 were total DOMINATION!

Anyway, whats everyone elses opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcTqE...eature=related

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I think anyone that is truly objective would side with you. Hey, Fedor is my hero and I truly feel he is the best fighter on the planet but not that night. It was in Rings and there were different rules so you do have to take that into account but Arona controlled him. That being said it would be a different story now. But in my mind Arona won that fight as well

Lutador is offline New Member
    Ricardo won the fight, but you have to remember this is a Rings fight and there are alot of behind the scenes activities that really decide the winners in alot of Rings events, can't really say more than that but trust me Rings was never really clear cut I had to deal with them on many occasions and stopped working with them because of some of these behind the scens issues that can decide winners despite performances.
    Which goes back to my point that I made on another post, I love Fedor (well not like I want to date him or anything..lol) but he isn't invincible..on any given day any fighter can lose no matter who they are..the probability of this being exponentially greater if the other guy happens to be Arona.
    But as far as the record and posterity is concerned Fedor beat him.

Course I'd pay to see a rematch on Affliction.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Looked like Arona wasn't doing anything but laying him and getting in and out of Fedor's sub attempts.

Rings had a tendency to dumb down fights due to striking rules but I will say that Arona still controlled the fight. I do believe that Fedor would finish Arona if they fought now. THey were both really young!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I said In the other thread aroma won that fight and probably will be the one to beat h now if he's still training like you said .

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    again sorry for spelling and what not I'm on my I phone

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Looked like Arona wasn't doing anything but laying him and getting in and out of Fedor's sub attempts.
    it's called lay and pray and aroma has profected it

^^^ I hate the term LnP...

When you are trying to control a guy, who is as physically strong and gifted submission wise as Fedor is, its very difficult to advance.

Trust me, if youve ever had Ricardo on top of you, you are at his mercy. Fedor is just such a freak, it was difficult to pass...

And i think Ricardo needs 2 or 3 fights before challenging Fedor. He hasnt fought in 19months you know...

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    ^^^ I hate the term LnP...

When you are trying to control a guy, who is as physically strong and gifted submission wise as Fedor is, its very difficult to advance.

Trust me, if youve ever had Ricardo on top of you, you are at his mercy. Fedor is just such a freak, it was difficult to pass...

And i think Ricardo needs 2 or 3 fights before challenging Fedor. He hasnt fought in 19months you know...
    don't take it the wrong way, I tip my hat to him nobody has ever controlled fedor like that, no disrespect I can't wait for his return.

None taken i know what you mean brother...

I cant wait for him to get back into it as well...

On another note im waiting to hear from Paulo on his upcoming bout as well. You know Zuffa disolved the HW, LHW, and MW divisions in WEC... Ive heard they will have one final bout at MW so Paulo can have another go with Sonnen.

stpete is offline Banned
    I'm still trying to figure out who certain people might be. hahaha

BG
    None taken i know what you mean brother...

I cant wait for him to get back into it as well...

On another note im waiting to hear from Paulo on his upcoming bout as well. You know Zuffa disolved the HW, LHW, and MW divisions in WEC... Ive heard they will have one final bout at MW so Paulo can have another go with Sonnen.
    good news then they will probably unify ?

How hard does Arona cut to make 205? He is a beast. Do you think there is anyway that he fights at Heavy? We have to settle on something for the Sonnen vs. Filho fight. I'm telling you that Sonnen is going to shock the world!

From what ive heard, they will not unify any titles...

Ive heard that they will give Filho one more title defense and it will be against Sonnen. Then they will be in the UFC.

How hard does Arona cut to make 205? He is a beast. Do you think there is anyway that he fights at Heavy? We have to settle on something for the Sonnen vs. Filho fight. I'm telling you that Sonnen is going to shock the world!
    You know, he has really mastered it. He is such a muscular guy, it tougher for him. I really dont think hell fight at HW, he has a lot of guys he wants to fight at 205.

BG
    From what ive heard, they will not unify any titles...

Ive heard that they will give Filho one more title defense and it will be against Sonnen. Then they will be in the UFC.

You know, he has really mastered it. He is such a muscular guy, it tougher for him. I really dont think hell fight at HW, he has a lot of guys he wants to fight at 205.
    That's fine, not need to unify them, I actually meant bring the two orgs together. Their belts don't mean what the pride belts meant, that was a whole different realm. As far Ricardo at 205 that's great, tough class, but hopefully he will jump up every now and then to show his true capabilities.

Oh sorry i got a little confused...

Yeah, the MW, LHW, and HW divisions are no more in the WEC.

Some fighters will go to the UFC, but obviously thats up to Joe Silva.

I dont think hell snub Paulo.

Is Filho on his way to 205? Would he ever fight Arona? Who takes that in your opinion? I would have to go with Arona from what I know, based on size and solid unorthodox striking. Who is Arona wanting to fight at 205? I would love to see him vs Chuckles. I think that would be very interesting. Maybe a rematch with Rampage? The Silva fights were terrible in my eyes. I hate to say it but I think he probably won both. Griffen vs Arona would be good as well. I love the awkward match-ups!

No Filho will be staying at 185.

And those two are close, i highly doubt they would fight. Just like Paulo and AS.

I know Ricardo wants to fight Rampage or Wandy again. Though the rivalry shouldnt be as bad this time around.

I think Chuck would have a difficult time with Ricardo. Though i doubt we'd ever see that.

i just fear that there are very few fans out there that appreciate how good Arona is. Unfortunately, I see him suffering like Lindland in an Organization where winning alone is not good enough to get by on.

Time will have to tell...

Despite fans not liking him, i know Joe Silva apperciates good fighters, reguardless or their style.

Silva has been spot on as of late but as far as him appreciating good fighters....I am not so sure. Where are Lawler, Lindland, Gomi, Shields, Alvarez, Hansen, etc? I know it comes down to $ as well so its not exactly fair to blame Silva but sometimes you have to wonder.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Double Axe Handle at 2:17.

RA wins!

Those guys are signed to other companies...

Lindland has had problems with mangement, and Lawler had lost 2 straight and was done at the time.

Gomi they should pay for. Shields is a joke, and Hansen LOVES Japan, and Alvarez is in Elite XC and DREAM.

That pretty much sums it up.

I mean come on, the UFC does have more higher quality fighters than any other organization...

Agreed. The lower weights were a bad example to begin with. The UFC has done a great job at filling Light Heavy and below. I feel the only weight class the truly let their fans down in is at heavy. We should have Fedor, but i do understand the issues there, AA, Barnett, Buentello, and of course Kimbo! Well not Kimbo but you have to admit the Heavy's are the weakest division by a long shot. Its nice to see that someone finally see's Shields for what he is, a tough middle of the road fighter. It sure would be nice to see Alvarez in the UFC though

Shields is good dont get me wrong... But no where near the top 3 WW in the world.

And the HW division is weak. But then again, its weak everywhere...

I would certainly boycott any card with Kimbo on it...

Petruzelli vs. Fedor?
    I got Seth by stiff right jab

BG
    I don't understand why they wont pay barnett he's perfect for the ufc

BG
    IDE love to see him fight fedor, randy, lesner . Nogs going to be tough to beat in the octagon, he will use that fence in so many positive ways

Nog was tough enough for him in Pride.

I think Barnett vs. Fedor will be a better fight than AA vs. Fedor.

If anyone has a chance of beating the cyborg, its Josh.

Agreed. AA is top teir but he struggled a bit with Nelsons ground game. Can you imagine what Fedor would do to Nelson? Better yet could you imagine if elbows were used in Pride? The first three rows would be covered in grey matter.

BG
    Also AA doesnt have the chin for Fedor and tends to wimp out against tough guys, he may be over that but they have been throwing him bones lately ot build up his shattered ego from that jab ko from Tim, I still cant believe he went down from that shot, I thought he was paid to take one for a few minutes there.

I also agree and dont no why the fight hasnt happened sooner that Barnett would be a tough match up for Fedor.

I think Barnetts big mouth would be great for the UFC, little more drama, but he backs it up.

BG
    Man your really on Koschecks dick huh??? ..........JK buddy.

^^ I hear he has one white and one black nut....

lol

And the reason the Barnett/Fedor fight hasnt happened, is because CroCop and Nog beat Barnett.

F.Y.I.

He was in the UFC, matter of fact he was champion, he stopped Randy with strikes and then was stipped of the title for AAS use.

That was it.

BG
    ^^ I hear he has one white and one black nut....

lol LMAO

And the reason the Barnett/Fedor fight hasnt happened, is because CroCop and Nog beat Barnett. Cro cop was the GP right, that shouldn't count, I give Barnett made respect for eevn getting in the ring

F.Y.I.

He was in the UFC, matter of fact he was champion, he stopped Randy with strikes and then was stripped of the title for AAS use. Didn't know that, I like him more now lol.

That was it.
    There was a dark time I didnt follow mma. Edit I tried to answer your questions or your statements with a different color but it didnt work so bear with me.
    Last edited by BG; 10-15-2008 at 04:39 PM.

I actually hear the same thing about Kos' nuts....but you left out the part about them having a bleach blonde fro. Barnett and Rico were actually the reason that Randy dropped down. Barnett is tough as hell but just watch his two fights against a premier striker, Crocop, and you will see the gameplan on how to beat him. Obviously he has improved since then, just watch the Nog and Rizzo fights but I still think Fedor outclass' him on his feet and slaps on a sub. I still think that is the best fight out there for Fedor though.

^^ Totally agree... Who knows, well have to see how well Fedor does off his back against him. I think Josh goes straight for the takedown and tries to GnP his way to victory.

On a somewhat related note, have you seen anyone juice and be so terribly out of shape (looks wise) as Barnett?

PrideFEDOR is offline Associate Member
    Nog was tough enough for him in Pride.

I think Barnett vs. Fedor will be a better fight than AA vs. Fedor.

Yea ok. He got lucky when he fought ALEX. U can speculate as much as u want Fedor is the best out there .

PrideFEDOR is offline Associate Member
    Alright... At the urging of one of my students, i watched this again today.

I CANNOT believe how this fight was scored!

Ricardo was robbed.

Everyone's favortie cyborg should have lost that fight.

I seriously cant believe this.

Maybe the 3rd round was close, but 1&2 were total DOMINATION!

Anyway, whats everyone elses opinions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcTqE...eature=related
    hahaha , even with no ground and pound that was against the rules , Fedor won. U just jelaous because a good russian fighter stands on top for a very long time and noone can take him. Russians heavyweight fighers ( look at the boxing right now) dominate. Tell that to your students

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information