WDMF is offline Associate Member

Pro Elite, Elite XC Out of Business

http://mmamania.com/2008/10/20/repor...e-immediately/

Looks like Elite XC is shutting down. That's too bad. Even though they had some shenanigans, I did like some of their fighters. I think a little competition is good for the sport. UFC is great, but I like to see other talents as well.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    That's what happens when you pay Kimbo Slice $500k per fight.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good to me, round up the talent and bring it to the UFC.

Word.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry guys but i am not really happy that this company closed, its good for the UFC to have some competition, and cool to see another promotion not only UFC.

Has much has i love the UFC and they have gotten so much better in there PPV, i still feel very sad to see EliteXE go away.

I am not a Kimbo fan, i am not a Kimbo hater either, a part from him Elite XE has a tone of good fighters, and i dont think that UFC will take them all.

If you look around there are not a lot of big MMA promo anymore.

Dream is not doing so good either. And i do hope that affliction get some good ppv buys for there next PPV.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I can only do the following and be happy about it

***No source checks!!!***

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    God I find that pretty sad. I guess maybe everyone can learn a lesson and not place the success of an organization squarely on one mans shoulders. What happens to Gina? What happens to Shields? What happens to Lawler? This is crazy, I knew it was bad but i am still shocked.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    It was expected...

But ive heard news about Shotime buying out ProElite...

Who knows of that is gonna happen or not now. But if it does, Elite XC will live on. Shotime can pick 60mil outta there ass...

On the other hand, we may finally get to see some great fights that we've all been waiting for.

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    God I find that pretty sad. I guess maybe everyone can learn a lesson and not place the success of an organization squarely on one mans shoulders. What happens to Gina? What happens to Shields? What happens to Lawler? This is crazy, I knew it was bad but i am still shocked.
    Cesaer Gracie is saying that there is a solid chance of Shields going to UFC.

I was really looking forward to Nov 8 and watching Alverez Vs Diaz

I think if Ceaser was smart he would keep Jake away....it would destroy the myth. Here is who I think would beat Jake in the UFC......
    -GSP
    -Penn
    -Hughes
    -Kos
    -Alves
    -Lytle
    -Sanchez
    -Karo

GSP, Penn, Alves, for sure...

The rest, i dont know...

I think Jake can beat Karo and Lytle. Sanchez, and Kos are up for grabs...

And Hughes is retiring after the Serra fight.

Karo maybe but Lytle has always been underrated and has great boxing. I think Diego and Kos are to controlling with good sub defense. Even Hughes at the end of his career dominates Shields in my eyes on one dimensional wrestling and conditioning.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    this sucks, competition is good for all businesses. This should be real bad news for all you mma fighters who are trying to work up the ranks... I never understood how the new orgs got discredited by all the mma fighters.... you guys really need these type of organizations to make the changes needed for the future of the sport.

There are still 100's of small shows all across the U.S. and Brazil.

Guys wont have anymore of a problem than they usually do IMO.

It will just mean that the pay scale will continue to be low, and that the UFC will have their pick of the best fighters in the world.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    war,

yes part of that is true, but for starters the big thing i would think is the pay. That is the first part that needs addressing and won't until the real comp settles in and makes a move to up the demand. There is a lot,lot,lot of money coming in and the fighters are getting pennies at the UFC... why is that fair to anyone?

secondly, you would be pleasantly suprised at how many positive changes come from competition.. innovation and ********* become a means of survival as oppose to just a great new idea that seems to happen when there is a monopoly.

There seems to be a lot of loyalty to the UFC and believe me I have been following them since UFC 1. I am ready for the next level for this sport that all the hype keeps talking about. the tv series is not what I had in mind and it is not real instrumental in furthering the sport and fights.. it is more of a money deal for the owner than it is anything else.

Anyhow, peace!

Oh i agree...

If you check out some other threads here youll see that im SO against the way the UFC pays their fighters..

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    I think if Ceaser was smart he would keep Jake away....it would destroy the myth. Here is who I think would beat Jake in the UFC......
    -GSP
    -Penn
    -Hughes
    -Kos
    -Alves
    -Lytle
    -Sanchez
    -Karo

Shields is so overrated its pathetic. Youa re correct, Shields is not ready for the stacked UFC WW division. I'd even put Serra on that list, Shields sure as **** isn't submitting Serra so that leaves standup where Serra is far superior.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Did anyone else see that Kimbo is looking for a rematch? Do you guys think that any other promotion will jump on that bandwagon and try to ride it for the rematch? At this point is their a viable alternative to the UFC that would want Kimbo on its roster? I personally think Affliction would keep their distance, same goes for Heroes. I would never pay to watch it but it would be hilarious to see him stopped by Seth the re-tread Petruzelli in 30 seconds again. Does anyone else find it ironic that Kimbo was beaten by the "Silverback"?

lol i noticed that too!

Its pretty funny...

Anyway, i dont think the UFC will sign Kimbo. I usually take what Dana says with a grain of salt, but in this case, i believe him.

Then again that could be Lidells first fight at Heavy. God I would love to see Wandy fight him. One can dream

Thread Information