*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"

Cool Real test for Silva at 205

I would love to see a real test for Silva at 205. James was ok and had great knock out power but one of the best at 205 (no way.) Lets put Silva in with Rampage or someone with the same talent. I know he beat Hinderson and that show me and the rest of the world a lot but I would still love to see Silva in with a kick a** 205.

I just seen the Silva and Cota fight I was traveling and was unable to watch it live. I think Silva was playing with him and could have put him away at anytime....Cota was proud for lasting three rounds but I don't think that he should have put that out there. It sounded like he was just say wow I didnt win but I didnt lose real fast either. (even though the injury kept him from going on)

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I think Shogun would be a great test at 205. Rampage would be relatively interesting as well. I would really love to see Chuck vs. Silva at 205.

rich1261 is offline Banned
    id love to see wandy and anderson at 205 i think that would be a real exciting fight

I do to but I love Wandy and I definately fear, for Wandys' sake, that Anderson's precision striking would just be way to much for him. Great possibility though.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    a silva vs griffin for the 205 strap

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    silva would own griffin i feel that 205 is rock paper scissors unlike 185 where silva owns all 205 i dont feel forrest will keep that belt anylonger then rampage did, its just a to deep and complex of a divison IMO

Quote Originally Posted by A2thej2008 View Post
    silva would own griffin i feel that 205 is rock paper scissors unlike 185 where silva owns all 205 i dont feel forrest will keep that belt anylonger then rampage did, its just a to deep and complex of a divison IMO
    your right about 205 being deep, but you never know. griffin could grind out silva who knows these days, especially at 205

I don't think griffin would last the first round with silva. I like forest, but still don't understand who he beat rampage. Henderson could walk in and take the belt from forest and so could the axe murder and so on but I dont think if rampage or axe murder had the belt silva would be able to have a clean walk through I also agree showgun would be a great fight.

i thnk there are alot of 205ers out there that could beat forrest, ill even go as far as saying the page fight was close and they should give page a rematch so he can give forrest the ass whooping he shoulda gave him in there first fight. with all that said he still has a better chance than most will give him and a fight between him and a silva would more than likely prove to be extremely entertaining. silva by ko or griffin miraculously avoids getting his block knocked off (again) and grinds out a decision.

i am sure we are going to see griffen and rampage two soon. I haven seen war remarks yet and he always has the down low on what is going on. come on war give us a heads up

hollaatyoboy is offline Associate Member
    i like the liddel silva fight

Lidell Silva would be sick. Rampage is already slated to fight Wandy so Griffen is going to square off against Evans before Page gets another run. That being said most people see Wandy taking the Page fight so if that does happen Page might be fighting Griffin down the road but not for the belt. Machida is going to have to fight someone like Cane or Thiago Silva and I think the winner of that fight will have the inside track to a title shot after the winner of Griffin vs. Evans fights the winner of Wandy vs. Page. Shogun is another name out there that is probably a couple wins away from a championship fight.

Is it just me or does no one on earth feel that Griffin did not deserve the title? It blows my mind. Griffin is tough and has steadily improved since day one. I am not sure why everyone struggles to give him any credit. I have watched the Page fight numerous times and still see Griffin winning it time and time again. No doubt it was a was and was close but I still had him winning. I by no means am saying that he is going to go on a Chuck Liddell type reign but the man does deserve some credit.

I like griffin and yes he did win the fight and he can stand and throw down with anyone but i also think he is a one time champ and will lose the belt to evans and it kills me to say that. i never liked evans but to give him is due he has done an outstanding job. Chuck is hurting right now and could use a win over someone like silva.

Rashad does have a very real chance to beat Forrest but I still think Forrest grinds out a hard fought decision where he stays outside and out strikes Evans. That being said, I think that he loses a fight after that to Wandy or Page.

As far as chuck goes he sure could use a win against someone like Silva but I think that is a bit of a stretch at this point. It would be a very interesting fight though.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Silva and George St. Pier at 205

Nice. If GSp put on that much muscle he might not even be able to throw a punch! Then again I heard that Silva walks around at 200+

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Silva walks around at 220...

I dont see anyone in 185 beating him, he is ready for the top tier guys at 205...

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Nice. If GSp put on that much muscle he might not even be able to throw a punch! Then again I heard that Silva walks around at 200+
    On the tuff show he was "bigger" then every guy, even heavy weights, he's big.....but so is Franklin, I was surprised when I saw him.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

GSP needs to think about putting on the muscle for the PITBULL he is coming hard and if he can take josh's takedowns away, not real sure GSP will be able to take him down. That is going to be a hard fight to call and what i hate the most i like both of them..

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    wow wow, people you are pulling at straws here lol. Spyder vs. Griffin?? WTF Spyder by fatality rd 2. even Rua would get roughed up bad IMO, same with Page. i say Nog comes down to 205 somehow and meets Silva there that would probably be a great fight! But right now I want to see Silva end chucks career at 205 and then make Rashad eat some kness in the clinch when Evans tries to shoot. Evans always comes in with the best strategies expecially since he got greg jackson in his corner, he is good at winning fights for sure, but you cant take a spyder knee to the grill and expect to still have a game plan IMO.

Not sure I agree with the Griffen comment. Griffen is generally very smart, since jardine, and fights on the outside. He no longer relies on just brawling, so with his size and reach I think he would pick shots and give Silva a steady diet of low kicks. I think you are right on with Shogun. His stand-up is high intensity and unorthodox but overall it is very weak and wild. Just watch the Overeem fight, he was getting dominated till he got him down. I think Page and Evans would make for excellent fights with Silva. I would be very curious if anyone could take Silva out of his comfort zone. Has anyone ever noticed how relaxed he is in every single position? Even when Lutter has him in full mount he laid their still till he bucked him. He never panics

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO Silva like Chuck seemed unbeatable at a point in the career.

Silva is very open, comes in with hands wide apart. He threw that knee to Cote's head with his hands at his waist. Cote was intimidated in that fight, he never belonged there in the first place. Dana has 5-6? fights left on A.S.'s contract, everyone needs to be a super fight as he is the P4P king of the UFC Vs. Fedor or Affliction.

I think Forrest would also be effective against A.S. Forrest can take punishment and is very calm and is intimidated by no one. He is longer than AS. When was the last time someone got inside of Spiders 77" reach? Even if you do, chances are you are going to eat a knee.

I think a skilled striker/puncher, who is stronger with a good chin could take A.S. at 205.

I agree J-Dogg but I wish mr white would make that happen because till then we will never know.

Who really qualifies as a skilled striker at 205? Page has solid boxing, nothing to great. Wandy comes very wide with hooks which leaves him wide open to punches down the pipe. Forrest has good boxing from the outside but i would say that he is a far cry from world class. Chuck has massive over hand rights but they are wild counter punches. Evans has power but is very unorthodox. Shogun is wild but not really "skilled". The more I think about this the more I think Silva has a very real shot at tearing thru a lot of really tough 205lb guys

I would have to agree with you on this matter, but i would still like to see him fight one of the top rank fighters before i call him the real deal at 205. I do believe A/S is up there but he still has not been tested with a true LHW fighter.

You know who I would not mind seeing him fight? Randleman. He cuts to 205. He's a beast though, shoots hard and would over power AS pretty easy on the ground.

But in the 205 UFC right now, Page probably has some of the best standup. He's a strong guy too, has good wrestling and I don't think AS could knock him out.

I honestly don't think AS would tear up the 205 class. The guys there have huge chins, stronger and longer than him unlike anyone in the 185.

I think anyone in the top 10 in the LHW will give him a run for his money, he would certaintly not look invincable against them. The top 5 would beat him (forrest, page, evans, shogun, lyoto)

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    You know who I would not mind seeing him fight? Randleman. He cuts to 205. He's a beast though, shoots hard and would over power AS pretty easy on the ground.

But in the 205 UFC right now, Page probably has some of the best standup. He's a strong guy too, has good wrestling and I don't think AS could knock him out.

I honestly don't think AS would tear up the 205 class. The guys there have huge chins, stronger and longer than him unlike anyone in the 185.

I think anyone in the top 10 in the LHW will give him a run for his money, he would certaintly not look invincable against them. The top 5 would beat him (forrest, page, evans, shogun, lyoto)
    Rampages weakness Thai Clinch. We have seen Andersons clinch.

Thai Clinch is a weakness to anyone caught in it.

I don't think it's as effective in a cage though either. Too easy to push the MT guys against the fence.

I think that Rampage will obviously be more effective at avoiding the clinch at this point but we'll find out when he faces Wandy soon.

I'd also love to see Henderson get another match at AS maybe at 205. I'd like to see hedno keep it standing even. Henderson has good knock out power and washes his vitamins down with little AS punches.

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Thai Clinch is a weakness to anyone caught in it.

I don't think it's as effective in a cage though either. Too easy to push the MT guys against the fence.

I think that Rampage will obviously be more effective at avoiding the clinch at this point but we'll find out when he faces Wandy soon.

I'd also love to see Henderson get another match at AS maybe at 205. I'd like to see hedno keep it standing even. Henderson has good knock out power and washes his vitamins down with little AS punches.
    Hendo got rocked in the 2nd rd. He even said thats why he lost, because he played into Silvas game. If he stuck to the game plan and did what he did in the 1st rd then he might have won.

Franklin disagrees, he seems to think the clinch is just as effective in the cage

Mark Yager is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Franklin disagrees, he seems to think the clinch is just as effective in the cage
    lol.

A guy who fights middle weight for the ufc came into my work tonight and I brought up silva and he said the ufc is working on a fight with silva and gsp. He said they want gsp to go up to 185. This is what I've been hoping for but I don't think any one 205 or under will beat silva right now.

i would love to see that fight but i think gsp needs a couple warm up fights at 185 before he takes on A/S.

^^^Agreed. Silva is a monster at 185 and for GSP to make that jump would be pretty dramatic. Huge GSP fan but I can't see him winning that fight on anything but pure wrestling.

Thread Information