Results 1 to 38 of 38
  1. #1
    rookie28 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    80

    Best test for Anderson Silva ... Who agrees?

    I personnaly think that the best test for Anderson Silva is GSP at 185. If you don't agree with me tell me who you think would be the best challenge.

  2. #2
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My HOME GYM
    Posts
    13,108
    It would be a good fight but GSP isnt that big I think Silva should move up to 205 and challenge Rashsad Evans (after he takes the belt next month). Also rampage vs Silva could be a fun fight too.

  3. #3
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    It would be a good fight but GSP isnt that big I think Silva should move up to 205 and challenge Rashsad Evans (after he takes the belt next month). Also rampage vs Silva could be a fun fight too.
    No fucking WAY that is happening!


    And agreed, GSP vs. Silva = More of the same for Silva. Silva vs. Forrest, or Wandy, or Page is good...

  4. #4
    rush_604's Avatar
    rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    249
    GSP
    Filho of old
    Maybe Damein Mia
    Hendo if he doesnt try and stand

  5. #5
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    I think Hendo can stand with AS....

    And agree, Filho from 06'...

  6. #6
    rush_604's Avatar
    rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    I think Hendo can stand with AS....

    And agree, Filho from 06'...
    In the first fight in the rd.1 Hendo was doing good. It may have been boring but he was winning. In the 2nd when he was standing he got hit with a couple shots and he got rocked. We all know Hendo has an amazing chin but he was pretty hurt, and that was his down fall in my opinion.

  7. #7
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    Oh totally true!

    But i think punch for punch, Hendo can KO AS.

  8. #8
    rush_604's Avatar
    rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    249
    Ya thats for sure, he has crazy power like he showed in the Wandy fight.

    I'm pretty pumped to see Franklin Vs Hendo. I got Hendo by TKO in the 3rd

  9. #9
    yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    Oh totally true!

    But i think punch for punch, Hendo can KO AS.
    Hendo in pride FC was named the decision fighter because most of is fights went the distance.

    He does have some serious KO power in is right hand but still.

    I dont know if GSP would change weight class, i would love to see him fight at 185 pounds, i spoke to him at a TKO event in Montreal just before is fight against Frank Trigg and he was a natural 190 pounder.

    In fact i dont know why he doesnt fight at 185 cutting weight would be a lot less difficult and he would have more energy.

  10. #10
    rush_604's Avatar
    rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    In fact i dont know why he doesnt fight at 185 cutting weight would be a lot less difficult and he would have more energy.
    Then he wouldnt have size advantage on a lot of fighters he would be at the smaller end of MW. I think guys like Hendo, Anderson, Rich cut from around 215 ish.

    Dana said if George beats BJ than there is a very strong possibility he will get to fight AS. Most likely after givin Thiago a shot at the belt first.

  11. #11
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    I think Thiago has a great chance against GSP.


    And Yannick, Hendo was NOT considered a Decision fighter.

    As a matter of fact, he has finished more fights in PRIDE than hes let go to a decision.

  12. #12
    WDMF is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    151
    I would love to see an open weight fight with Silva vs. Lesnar...old UFC style.

    Maybe a Silva vs. Couture at 205? So many big fights for Silva at 205.

    Silva should fight Hendo one more time, maybe the winner of Lister /Okami, then move up to 205 to finish out his career.

    Some huge draws at 205 for Silva.

  13. #13
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    Lesnar vs. Silva?

    And Randy vs? Oh come on dude...

    There is a reason for weight classes.

  14. #14
    WDMF is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    151
    I was just thinking from a PPV point of view on Lesnar Silva. It would be an interesting fight.

    But why not Couture vs Silva at 205?

  15. #15
    rockinred's Avatar
    rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Training Hardcore Style
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by WDMF View Post
    I would love to see an open weight fight with Silva vs. Lesnar...old UFC style.

    Maybe a Silva vs. Couture at 205? So many big fights for Silva at 205.

    Silva should fight Hendo one more time, maybe the winner of Lister /Okami, then move up to 205 to finish out his career.

    Some huge draws at 205 for Silva.
    I think a rematch with Henderson is on the radar.... The winner of Henderson and Franklin will likely challenge Silva.... I will take Dan Henderson over Franklin on the upcoming match....

  16. #16
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My HOME GYM
    Posts
    13,108
    Lesnar would murder silva he would just take him down and ground and pound a stopage. Thats like a 100lbs weight advantage they would never sanction that these days.

  17. #17
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    Quote Originally Posted by WDMF View Post
    I was just thinking from a PPV point of view on Lesnar Silva. It would be an interesting fight.

    But why not Couture vs Silva at 205?
    Cause Randy has already said he's not gonna fight at 205.

    It would be a good fight, but its not gonna happen.

    Style wise, not a good fight for Randy.

  18. #18
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    I think a rematch with Henderson is on the radar.... The winner of Henderson and Franklin will likely challenge Silva.... I will take Dan Henderson over Franklin on the upcoming match....
    Hendo vs. Rich is at 205.

    I doubt the winner will challenge AS again. NO ONE wants to see Franklin vs. AS III.

    That'd be just sad.

    Id like to see the Hendo vs. AS II like everyone else, but it doesnt look like it will happen.

  19. #19
    WDMF is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Lesnar would murder silva he would just take him down and ground and pound a stopage. Thats like a 100lbs weight advantage they would never sanction that these days.
    You would think, but Silva is quick and could strike and move, but we'll never know. The only reason this came to mind was remembering Bob Sapp fight. He fought some guys that were 220 and he lost.

  20. #20
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    Yeah guys named Mirko CroCop...

  21. #21
    WDMF is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    151
    Exactly my point....he was a great striker that gave up 100lbs to Sapp.

  22. #22
    T_Own's Avatar
    T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    pistolvania
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    Hendo vs. Rich is at 205.

    I doubt the winner will challenge AS again. NO ONE wants to see Franklin vs. AS III.

    That'd be just sad.

    Id like to see the Hendo vs. AS II like everyone else, but it doesnt look like it will happen.
    i wouldn't mind it. it would be entertaining at the least.

    GSP is my boy but i think he would be way too small vs silva.
    yannick the point of cutting isn't supposed to be easy, you get a whole day to get your energy back, the point is to gain an advantage. cutting 5 pounds makes no sense when you could cut 20 and beat up on someone a little smaller than you.

  23. #23
    rookie28 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    80
    I still think that the ability of GSP to take down people is unbelievable(In my opinion the best). Of course, Silva will be really hard to put on the floor but in the same way it has never been a problem for GSP to put anyone down. As for his weight, GSP is a very heavy welterweight that can easily fight in the middleweight division and I know that Silva is also a heavy middleweight so the weight is in my opinion a little advantage for Silva but not as much as you guys are saying. Bottom line is, if GSP puts him down in the beginning of each round like he loves to do, he will win.

  24. #24
    Brown Ninja's Avatar
    Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the Lab
    Posts
    11,874
    I think that Thiago Alves vs. A Silva would be better than GSP vs Spider. Alves is a large man already and keeps a very furious pace. I see Anderson winning but Thiago does not have boring fights.

  25. #25
    rookie28 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    80
    If GSP beats BJ Penn I think the next challenger would be thiago alves and then we'll see what Alves can do against the champion. If GSP also beats Alves then I think a Silva vs GSP fight would definitively be the fight for best pound-for-pound fighter except maybe for Fedor.

  26. #26
    Brown Ninja's Avatar
    Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the Lab
    Posts
    11,874
    i don't like that fight for GSP. His wrestling is vastly superior but Silva is tricky with a solid ground game and so amazingly accurate. I see them being similar in overall skill but the difference in size is what ends up deciding this one.

  27. #27
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    I dont know if GSP can get him down. Hendo had issues...

    And even if he does, AS has MUCH better BJJ.

    GSP might not even wanna be there as it will play into AS hands.

    I mean he sub'd Lutter who has world class BJJ.

  28. #28
    WDMF is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    I dont know if GSP can get him down. Hendo had issues...

    And even if he does, AS has MUCH better BJJ.

    GSP might not even wanna be there as it will play into AS hands.

    I mean he sub'd Lutter who has world class BJJ.
    I think GSP has good enough wrestling to counter AS's BJJ. I hope this fight happens.

  29. #29
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    Better than Hendos?

    Henderson was having issues with taking Silva down.

    Not to mention, in order to shoot, he'll have to dodge the shots coming in.

  30. #30
    Knockout_Power's Avatar
    Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    R.I.P My friends
    Posts
    15,015

    ....

    on the ground GSP may be able to use his speed and agressiveness to overpower AS, but getting to AS to take him down is another thing. I dont think GSP has the chin to get to the inside. Sometimes he uses the clinch to take set up the take down and thats not where you want to be against AS.

    Personally, I would like to see AS vs Page. Then Silva vs Silva

  31. #31
    rookie28 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    80
    I agree with some of the things you guys say but you seem to be a little blinded with Silva's superpower. He's fantastic and I have to admit it but GSP looks quite unbeattable right now too. In a year or so, when GSP will beat Penn and Alves back to back you guys will start seeing GSP the same way you're seeing AS right now. I'm pretty confident in this guy and can't imagine him losing. His 2 losses were luck and he immediately proved it to everybody with his rematches. His next fight against Penn will be the answer to all of those who were still doubting his split decision win(I have to agree that it could've went both sides but right now, GSP is way better than he was). Who can really beat him in the welterwight? Do you remember what he did to Fitch(the guy who didn't lose a game in over 6 years)?

  32. #32
    Brown Ninja's Avatar
    Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the Lab
    Posts
    11,874
    Silva by murder over GSP. Lets see what he does against Penn first.

  33. #33
    ALIN is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,963
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie28 View Post
    I personnaly think that the best test for Anderson Silva is GSP at 185. If you don't agree with me tell me who you think would be the best challenge.
    honestly I cant think of anyone I am 100% confident could beat him right now. GSP would be a good match.

  34. #34
    roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by rookie28 View Post
    I agree with some of the things you guys say but you seem to be a little blinded with Silva's superpower. He's fantastic and I have to admit it but GSP looks quite unbeattable right now too. In a year or so, when GSP will beat Penn and Alves back to back you guys will start seeing GSP the same way you're seeing AS right now. I'm pretty confident in this guy and can't imagine him losing. His 2 losses were luck and he immediately proved it to everybody with his rematches. His next fight against Penn will be the answer to all of those who were still doubting his split decision win(I have to agree that it could've went both sides but right now, GSP is way better than he was). Who can really beat him in the welterwight? Do you remember what he did to Fitch(the guy who didn't lose a game in over 6 years)?
    I think GSP is going to beat BJ pretty easily, but I also think Thiago will beat gsp... GSP is pretty freaking good, but thiago is just too big, too strong too powerfull for him.

  35. #35
    rookie28 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    80
    We'll see what happens but just remember what people were saying about John Fitch(the best test of GSP's career hahaha) and I think I don't need to describe you what happened in the cage.

  36. #36
    roid_rage is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    370
    nhaaa fitch was a totally different fighter, if they fight again, thiago is probably going to run beat the living s** out of fitch... GSP outstroke him, he is not going to outstrike thiago....

  37. #37
    WARMachine's Avatar
    WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    R.I.P. TMOS
    Posts
    7,981
    Quote Originally Posted by roid_rage View Post
    I think GSP is going to beat BJ pretty easily, but I also think Thiago will beat gsp... GSP is pretty freaking good, but thiago is just too big, too strong too powerfull for him.
    I think BJ has a better shot at beating GSP than Thiago does...

  38. #38
    Brown Ninja's Avatar
    Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the Lab
    Posts
    11,874
    I agree. Penn is unreal, especially when he is in shape. Thiago is a beast but I think that GSP can wear him down with his wrestling.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •