Thread: Ufc 93 & 94

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?

Ufc 93 & 94

Both are beginning to take shape...

As most know, UFC will mark the debut of former Pride star Denis Kang's first step into the octagon.

Its nice to see that it will be a good line up of fights that night. Though i wouldnt expect many upsets. So hopefully since the fight in in Ireland, they will broadcast it on Spike for the U.S. market.

Heres the lineup thus far;

Denis Kang vs. Alan Belcher

Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson

Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Chris Lytle vs. Marcus Davis

Antonio Mendes vs. Andre Gusmao

Dennis Siver vs. Nate Mohr

Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares,

Tomasz Drwal vs Ivan Serati

Tom Egan vs. John Hathaway.

As for UFC 94, which im sure MANY of us are looking forward to.

Headlining the event

BJ Penn vs. Georges St. Pierre

Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares

Jake O'Brien vs. Christian Wellisch

Matt Arroyo and Dan Cramer

And the biggest fight besides the obvious is one that everyone will not stop talking about. Finally, we will get to see who is going to be the #1 contender after Forrest vs. Rashad.

Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva

Well thats it for now, im sure they have about 3 more bouts to add to the event before the end of the month so ill keep us informed.

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    93 is starting look sick

Hopefully Shogun is back to almost 100% and puts on a good show. Shogun by sub

Excited to see kang finally in the ufc. I see him subbing Belcher

Hendo vs Franklin is also a dream match. I got Hendo by TKO

Lytle vs Davis could possibly be fight of the night

I'm really pumped for 94. We got our tickets couple weeks ago. Its my second live event and first time in Vegas. For that card I got GSP tko in the 4th. Machida by decision. Karo by decision.

Ill see ya there at 94.

Im also gonna be at Affliction 2 a week before UFC 94. I cannot wait for that one!

My picks for both events are below.

UFC 93

Denis Kang vs. Alan Belcher Kang by TKO

Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson (Hendo by TKO)

Mark Coleman vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (Shogun by Dec.)

Chris Lytle vs. Marcus Davis (F.O.N. honors. Lytle by Dec.)

Antonio Mendes vs. Andre Gusmao (Gusmao by Dec.)

Dennis Siver vs. Nate Mohr (Siver by Sub.)

Jeremy Horn vs. Rousimar Palhares (Palhares by Sub.)

Tomasz Drwal vs Ivan Serati (Serati by KO)

Tom Egan vs. John Hathaway (Hathaway by TKO)

UFC 94

Headlining the event

BJ Penn vs. Georges St. Pierre (Too close to call)

Manny Gamburyan vs. Thiago Tavares (Gamburyan by Dec.)

Jake O'Brien vs. Christian Wellisch (O'Brien by TKO. Someone will be stopped in this fight for sure.)

Matt Arroyo vs. Dan Cramer (Arroyo by Dec.)

Thats what i got so far, have to make a decision on the BJ vs. GSP fight...
    Last edited by WARMachine; 12-05-2008 at 03:17 AM.

PrideFEDOR is offline Associate Member
    Whoa , so many people that I dont know !

I dont know why would they put Mark Coleman and Shogun in the same fight ! Again 2 pride fighters against each other. I'd rather see how they'd do against ufc fighters instead. They know that some fights are interesting and will make money (Im talking about between 2 former Pride fighters). Like in UFC 92 Rampage and Wandy (Im ordering PPV for sure. UFC92 fight card is more exciting than next one)

Lets make it interesting, I bet $20 on GSP (or a vial of prop 20ml). I hope its not against the rules. IF it is, please delete it !

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 12-03-2008 at 10:59 AM.

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrideFEDOR View Post
    Whoa , so many people that I dont know !

I dont know why would they put Mark Coleman and Shogun in the same fight ! Again 2 pride fighters against each other. I'd rather see how they'd do against ufc fighters instead. They know that some fights are interesting and will make money (Im talking about between 2 former Pride fighters). Like in UFC 92 Rampage and Wandy (Im ordering PPV for sure. UFC92 fight card is more exciting than next one)

Lets make it interesting, I bet $20 on GSP (or a vial of prop 20ml). I hope its not against the rules. IF it is, please delete it !

Because Coleman has a win against Shogun. Remember when they fought and Shogun dislocated his shoulder?

Its a re-match is all. Its also a good fight for Shogun to come back to. He showed serious ring rust when he fought Forrest.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate hearing about it to be honest, because it's so far away =[

Every day I log on the computer I'm hearing about these monster matches and all the speculation. Half the time I think I am more nervous for my fighters than they are!

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I am counting the days till dec 27, I am looking more forward to it then dec 25, there has to be something wrong with that!!!!

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    93 is sick for sure. 94 has two great fights but not much after that. War you really see manny beating Thiago? By sub?

Yeah i can see Manny beating him. Hes dropped 3 or his last 4 fight. On top of that, Manny has heavy hands.

Idk why i said by sub. Now it doesnt make much sense that im thinking about it lol...

But nonetheless, i think Manny can beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    Because Coleman has a win against Shogun. Remember when they fought and Shogun dislocated his shoulder?

Its a re-match is all. Its also a good fight for Shogun to come back to. He showed serious ring rust when he fought Forrest.
    Oh yea , i did saw that! So you dont think that Coleman has a chance this time ? I think Coleman is a good fighter. Strong as bull ! Not too technical though. But as an overpowering athlete he earns his place. Dont forget he wants to prove himself to Dana White and to UFC that he is not washed out dude that and can still make some money for the organization. He has a family to support. If I was him , I'd train for this fight like its my last!

Lol it might be.... ^^^

I think its a safe fight for Shogun.

Someone whos not very good, but a guy who has two things.

1) A name people know.

2) A win over him.

I think Shogun takes it big time.

We'll see, but this is a great comeback fight for him.

Agreed. I think that Shogun takes it to him. Coleman posses no thrat standing so there is the possibility of a highlight reel knockout. Coleman has a great wrestling base but Shogun will be as strong and big and has a very underrated ground game. In other words if Coleman gets him down its not the end of the world, hell he took down Fedor! The first win was a fluke and although he was a pioneer of the sport his days are over.

Oh yeah, Manny lost to Rob Emerson! Thiago by much better stand-up. Has anyone in here ever seen the Thiago/Wiman fight? That was a brawl.

BigBrad330 is offline Associate Member
    whos all on the affliction 2 card?

Fedor vs Arlovski
    Barnett vs Yvel
    Lindland vs Belfort
    Lil Nog vs Matyushenko
    Hodecki vs Lauzon
    Hieron vs High
    Buentello vs Sidelniko
    Duarte vs. Rios

Fedro vs AA is interesting but I still see Fedor overwhelming him and Hordecki vs Dan Lauzon should be a great fight. Lindland Belfort has some interest as well but I see Lindland wrestling his way to a victory. I think Barnett Yvel will be aweful

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Agreed. I think that Shogun takes it to him. Coleman posses no thrat standing so there is the possibility of a highlight reel knockout. Coleman has a great wrestling base but Shogun will be as strong and big and has a very underrated ground game. In other words if Coleman gets him down its not the end of the world, hell he took down Fedor! The first win was a fluke and although he was a pioneer of the sport his days are over.
    That's 100% true. He's way too stiff on the feet. There's nothing worse for him if he decides to prove he can exchange with Shogun while standing. If that happens, it'll be the replay of his second fight with Fedor when he was holding his legs while standing on his knees with the face that looked worse than Tito vs. Ken I. Damn I felt so bad for him. I saw a presentation before that fight and Coleman was so cool and felt like he wanted to introduce Fedor to American fans etc. Hopefully , Pride paid him good for that fight!
    Shogun has underrated ground game because of the same reason most people call MMA - UFC ! I've seen so many times when people talk about his brother and mean Shogun. Even recently , this dude starts arguing with me telling that that Sergei Haritonov (kharitonov) beat shogun and I was like " fuking when did that happen ? " ... He was talking about Ninja dum-dum .

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Fedro vs AA is interesting but I still see Fedor overwhelming him and Hordecki vs Dan Lauzon should be a great fight. Lindland Belfort has some interest as well but I see Lindland wrestling his way to a victory. I think Barnett Yvel will be aweful
    Who's FEDRO ? Just playing with u bro ! I know what u meant. Fedor is a softie when it comes to friendship and brotherhood. I hope it wont effect him fighting Andrei because i know for a fact that AA wont give a f*ck till fight is over ( UFC school). UFC makes two best friends fight like its no biggie. I bet if both Emelianenkos were signed up with UFC , they'd fight each other or would be fined for not complying. Still too bad Alex can't fight in the STates. Between u and I fellas , I believe he probably has hep C. Its common in Russia for 90% of people who have jailhouse tats. Good thing at least they dont hold AIDS prisoners with gen pop.

Yeah ive heard about those issues...

It made me really suspecious because he couldnt get his visa due to medical reasons...

It makes sense.

btw, for those of you havent seen Sidelniko fight, youre gonna be in luck.

This kid is a brutal animal. He's been nicknamed "Baby Fedor".

Although he's only 20, he fights like a verteran.

I suspect he'd be better suited at 205, he carries a little baby fat. It seems a lot of guys that are in the Red Devil Sport Camp do.
    Last edited by WARMachine; 12-06-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Bro its because of Russian Traditional food diet (lots of carbs). When u frigging cold as hell u need to keep ur body temperature up and u cannot do that with protein shakes. Fighter's diets were different from bodybuilders diets as long as I can remember. That's why when Ken Shamrock brought that BBer dietitian (sp) during TUF , I knew the momo hired him for his own ass , not for the boys. I had my body structure almost like that when I was back in Russia. I never had a belly like Fedor or Alex, but looked similar. Plus only a few boys in Red Devil do weights, but for the most parts its working with your own weight , in pair , pull ups , dips , push ups, and russian weights ( they go a stone and 2 stones I believe 16 and 32kg). I understand its all good when Fedor is a champ of the world and Alex is the most famous MMA fighter in Russia , but Im sorry I wanna look good for the girls and for myself. War what about u man ? Do u play with weights or juice for recovery only ?
    P.S. About "Sidelniko" its a misprint War. Russian last names (majority) end with "OV" only and Ukranian origin ending with "KO". But there's never " KO" after a "vowel" . So SIDELNI-KO cannot end like that. Its suppose to be "v" at the end ! ITs SIDELNIKOV. Also "V" can be changed to " FF" for the immigrants and a new generation who was born out of Russia. Like " Nemiroff , Smirnoff (both vodka) etc. But not too many people do this thing nowadays. U gotta change every single paper u own (licenses , SSN, passports, credit cards etc).

Oh thanks for letting me know about Sidelniko. I dont know a thing about Russian, i only know his name threw print.

But yeah i originally used to go up in weight and build muscle. Unfortanatly it was before i learned anything about diet, otherwise im sure i couldve achived more naturally.

It does help with recovery to an extint, but im done with using AAS while still competing.

The risk is far too high nowadays. Something like getting caught could be horrible for your career. And im currently looking to make a push toward the top stage in the next 2 years.

^^^What class will the next fight be at? 185?

PM me...

jonny101 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    Yeah ive heard about those issues...

btw, for those of you havent seen Sidelniko fight, youre gonna be in luck.

This kid is a brutal animal. He's been nicknamed "Baby Fedor".

Although he's only 20, he fights like a verteran.

I suspect he'd be better suited at 205, he carries a little baby fat. It seems a lot of guys that are in the Red Devil Sport Camp do.

War I agree hes awsom. he has got the sickest ground reversals iv seen
    did you see the fight against Soltisyk, he showed he has got a good chin as wel!!!! guranteed to hear his name alot in the futer

^^^ Dude... The guy has a head like Cabbage.

Its crazy to see this kids toughness...

Thread Information