Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dg101 is offline Junior Member
    No disrespect towards you Nath but at this point in his career, Roy Jones Jr. is an amateur. Before the Calzaghe fight, he lost 3 of his last 6 and hadn't had a Vegas fight since he got smashed by Tarver's left in 04. I lost all respect for Calzaghe (I didnt really have to much to begin with) earlier this week when he said that boxing was dying and talking about retirement.

I believe that one of the main reasons that boxing may be dying is because of fighters like him. He spent his entire career in the UK fighting, beating and stocking his undefeated record with guys that absolutely no one has heard of. He has had only two fights that anyone has paid attention to and they were both to over the hill fighters (Hopkins and RJJ).

True, he did win both, but does anyone honestly think that if he fought either of them in their prime, he would be the victor? I think not.

This isnt a knock against Uk fighters or anything. I like ricky hatton and respect his for stepping into the ring against the best, Mayweather.

Oh, and Mike Tyson was a beast.

nath78 is offline Associate Member
    calzaghe fought everyone put infront of him,he never turned down a fight there was just no roy jone's/mayweathers 2 fight him and he didnt fight bums,he fought all the top fighters in his weight category,kessler and lacey were good boxers no disrespect to roy jones,hes an awsome boxer even thought hes older he can still box and when he fought calzaghe he didin even box all he could do was put his hands up if calzaghe fought him in his prime it would have been a different fight but i think calzaghe would have beat him but it would have been a good fight joe is an amazing boxer,he can adapt to all styles,by saying youve lost all respect for joe calzaghe shows that you havent seen him fight that much,he never got the recognision everyone said if you want to be big uve got to fight in the states so hes said cmon en who wants to fight me and thats the only 2 that stepped up or the only 2 that were there.hes world class and will go down in the history books next to marciano.

roy jones was awsome in his prime ive seen his fights,im not saying it would be easy but if i was to bet on it my money would be on joe,watch how he moves in the kessler fight,watch how he bangs jeff lacey,look how he puts his punches together ............................HES BETTER.
    Go take a look for yourself,watch there fights and compare them if your from the states and only seen the jones fights it aint worth commenting or visa versa.

''THE BEST BOXER BRITIANS EVER HAD'' Barry mcguigan

''I AM GREATFUL TO HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET IN THE RING AND FIGHT SUCH A TALENTED BOXER'' Roy Jones Jnr

''DO YOU THINK YOU WOULD HAVE BEATEN CALZAGHE IF THIS HAD BEEN A FEW YEARS BACK''Paul Dempsey ''LIKE I SAID JOES A GREAT BOXER,I TRAINED HARD FOR THIS FIGHT,MAYBE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I MIGHT HAVE BEEN A BIT FITTER,BUT WHO KNOWS,THE BEST MAN WON TONIGHT ANYWAY'' Roy Jones Jnr

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Height 5-11?- then say 5'10 1/2 or 5'11 1/2. i say 5'10 sounds about right
    Weight 218-This veried he fought at 225ish 230 a few times
    Reach 71
    Chest/Norm. 43
    Chest/Exp. 45
    Waist 34
    Biceps 16- now i believe this changed and im sure they got up to 17ish maybe close to 18
    Neck 19? also maybe 19 3/4 of inch the say which is like a BULL!!!!!
    Wrist 8
    Calf 18
    Ankle 11
    Thigh 27 this also was supposed to have been 26 3/4
    Fist 13
    Forearm 14 must have grown also

Someone convert these measurements say if he was 5'9 what would they have been

my conclusion is tyson arms were about 17 1/2 and very defined because of his leaness 16 maybe at begining of his career and unflexed

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    tyson will go down as one of the biggest wastes of talent and natural ability ever. Its sad...but thats what his legacy will be .....I dont think its right ...but thats what the media created and will be is legacy...
    someone here nailed it...while under Gus and till shortly after his death tyson was fine ....after that it all went to hell - no one from that point on gave 2 shits about mike tyson career or personally ..he was a meal ticket to alot of people.
    OP - early on - trained hard freak
    later on - just freak
    later later on - sideshow freak

nice post but did u agree with my last comment???

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    ^^^*L* i have no idea wtf his arms measured .....i was replying to your original post ...do they look bigger than 16 yeah but its hard to tell ...proportion can greatly exaggerate size....for example fracno columbo bi's were said to be 18 1/2 " ...now you would def think looking at his pic they were bigger.

good point

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information