Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penn vs GSP

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member

Penn vs GSP

I know the biggest fight card of the year is coming up but who else is excited to see this fight? I honestly have no idea who walks away with this one. If I had a gun to my head I go with Penn but this is going to be huge. Can't wait

oc pitbull is offline Member
    I am going to agree with you. I predict that gsp is going to get caught. BJ is the man, WWBJD!

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I hope you are wrong and GSP wins but i agree with you BJ is the man...

what would Bj do? In the past he would skip cardio and smoke a joint but he appears to have a renewed work ethic. When on I am not sure anyone from 155 to 185 can hang short of the Spider

You are so right, but BJ did show good almost great cardio against shawn..

absolutely. He looked like a changed man and if he comes out in that shape we will have a great fight on our hands. I think he is going to show off his amazing sprawl and underrated hands

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    It will be a close fight but I got GSP by rd 4 tko. BJ has come into great shape in his last fights at 155. But I think him trying to add muscle and get to 170 will have some effect on his cardio. But it can go either way I think. Right now I see GSP as a 60-40. None the less it should be a awesome fight, and also a pretty sick card. Can't wait till the 29th my tickets came in the mail a couple of weeks ago as well, so I'm pretty pumped lol.

Wow tickets to that fight would be sick! Good seats? What do those even run these days?

They're pretty good seats in the lower bowl, just right off the floor. Im from Canada and when we bought them we thought we paid 550, but that was American so its costin us about 660 bucks canadian.

Very nice! I am jealous as hell but have a great time. If you see Junie dump a beer on him

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    GSP is my second favorite after rampage, and i really see no way bj would win. i know his bjj is AMAZING, but gsp isn't bad either, and i would give wrestling to gsp, if only for his size. he's a beast at 170, so the weight bj drops for 155 doesn't hold any water here (lol little pun) since gsp drops a ton too. i can't see bj being able to stand with gsp. i know he ko'ed sherk, but sherk has arms like a t-rex; way too small to be of any use.

gsp by ko early in the 3rd

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    i hope BJ wins...if so i think the pound for pound best mma fighter is sealed (if it isnt already).....

Penns stand up is not as exciting or diverse as GSP's but i think it's better and when in shape I think his sprawl nuetralizes GSP's wrestling. To close to call ...

Blog Entries
    ^^^ has fight of the year potential and it'll be in JAN of that year *L* you know how that goes though...could end in seconds... i hope not..you nailed it though i am about as excited for this one as i have ever been for a matchup.....

think winner gets A Silva?

Blog Entries
    hmmm.....how intriguing is that?? They whole weight thing is the only thing i dont like in that matchup .......but damn its intruiging...

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    think winner gets A Silva?
    Dana was saying if GSP wins he will probably fight AS some time in the future, but if BJ won he would not let him go up to 185. I think if GSP wins then he will fight Thiago, if BJ wins he will fight Kenny.

Also there are rumours that AS will fight Thiales Leites at UFC 97 in Montreal.

Yeah they just announced the Silva fight. Seems to be a little wasteful to me. I mean the guy now has 6 fights left and we are using one on Lietes? Lietes is top tier in the 185lb division but Silva and his camp have expressed a lot of interest in fighting up. Are they serious or is this just free hype. If he is going to stay at 185 till retirement then fine this fight makes sense but if he is going to go up lets get him some marquee fights. GSP vs Silva would be very interesting. Florian will get destroyed

Penns stand up is not as exciting or diverse as GSP's but i think it's better and when in shape I think his sprawl nuetralizes GSP's wrestling. To close to call ...
    that only stops gsp's takedowns, not his wrestling on the mat; changing position, flurrying, etc

no way bj will fight AS. he'd be giving up 30 pounds and no way silva could make it to 170

I am not sure that GSP can get an in shape Penn down to the mat where he can take advantage of his superior wrestling. I really think that Penn is going to keep it stand and surprise some people with his heavy hands.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ people that watch and follow mma know BJ's stand up skills ...even though it is underrated.... Bas Rutten has often commented on how impressive BJ's boxing ability and surprise power is. Long in short i agree *L*

Did you happen to see the article where Freddie Roach claims that BJ has the best boxing in MMA? I found that very interesting. That is where he did all his damage in that first fight with GSP.....granted GSP caught a thumb on one of those. But prior to BJ gassing and getting taken down at well he put the stink on Georgie that first round.

I think GSP's hands and legs are way better now. I think training with Phil Nurse and Boxing champions in Montreal has changed Georges stand up for the better. I think Greg Jackson will come up with a game plan were Georges will utilize his height and reach advantage.

Does anyone see some getting put out? Sub or Ko? I can't imagine that it goes anywhere but a decision.

I think in the later rounds if BJ does happen to gas I think GSP might be able to ground and pound him. I dont see BJ getting knocked out though. Submissions seems pretty unlikely as well. BJ obviosly has sick BJJ and GSP also has really good submission defense. TKO can also occur for BJ as well. We all know that he has heavy hands if he can land a nice clean shot on GSP, then he might be able to put him away.

This fight is gonna be super competitive. Cant wait

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    bj and george have the best takedown defense out there, so i wanna think that this fight will take place mainly on the feet and i like bjs chances on the feet but who knows gsp could prove me wrong and get another decision. as long as penn doenst gas i highly doubt gsp will get the tko or sub. on the other hand penn has the power to ko gsp and the bjj to submit him imo.

Does anyone see some getting put out? Sub or Ko? I can't imagine that it goes anywhere but a decision.
    i wouldn't be surprised if bj caught gsp in something, his bjj is truly amazing.

i know gsp will have a nightmare trying to take him down, but i don't think he will try. i give stand up to gsp. even though bj has good hands, i think gsp is more solid, especially being the bigger fighter. but i think bj might try to take it to the floor, and then gsp could use his wrestling to avoid getting caught

one thing abotu BJ he has one hell of a chin!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised if bj caught gsp in something, his bjj is truly amazing.

i know gsp will have a nightmare trying to take him down, but i don't think he will try. i give stand up to gsp. even though bj has good hands, i think gsp is more solid, especially being the bigger fighter. but i think bj might try to take it to the floor, and then gsp could use his wrestling to avoid getting caught
    I don't see GSP getting subbed unless he gets rocked first. He has really good bjj himself just got his black belt couple of months ago. The only time he was ever submitted was by Matt Hughes, and that was a long time ago.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ very diff gsp in those days ...i still wanna see penn take it.....

GSP has sick stand up but he seems tenative since the Serra fight. If he opens up I think it favors him but I guess we will have to see. Hope they both show up in shape and healthy

Blog Entries
    well i dunno if he opens up he might take a big shot from BJ and lights out....this one is very very exciting...and this thread is making me more and more stoked to see it.....
    def agree re: conditioning for both of them ...as we said before could be one of the best fights ever ...has all the makings.....

even better than the Browning vs Delgado fight!

Blog Entries
    ^^^ you should be smacked for saying that...even in jest *L*

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    GSP has gotten so much better since they last fought, in the first fight i was sure BJ was going to knock him out man did he counter punch GSP, it was a very close fight, BJ gased out and GSP got some good takedowns at the end of the fight.

THis time around i say GSP is going to win and its going to be total domination.

Even if i do like BJ, GSP has gotten so much better and all if is last fights where total domination, hell even Fitch got owned all the fight and he is one hell of a fighter.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    jimmyinkedup nice Julia bond avatar she is freaken HOT

Blog Entries
    ^^^i like her as a blonde like in av ... dirty little wh*re ..gotta love her *L*

^^^that's not you jimmy? You dick that's why I've been being so nice, I thought I was going to hit that. Anyways GSP may win but I find it unlikely it will be by doMination

Blog Entries
    ^^^^*lmao*

You go ahead and laugh....I'm heartbroken.

In all seriousness thanks for the cycle advice earlier today, you definately are on point bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information