Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

UFC LHW coming matches

How do you guys see the next fights lining up with:

Forrest and Wandy loosing

Rashad and Rampage wining

Macheeta (love that) and Thiago still to come

What fights are we going to see when the dust settles?

MY OPINION:

Macheeta over Thaigo first and them Cheeta Vs. Rashad:

People think it's a borning fight, but I would LOVE To see it. Rashad always finds a way to win, is arrogant and appears to be almost unbeatable right now. Lighting fast, great movment, and he has Greg Jackson (his biggest asset).

Cheeta apears to be unbeatable, leaves with out getting hit.

It's a perfect fight for a LHW belt, both me, are unbeated in 14 and 18 fights. it makes sense.

I see then:
    Forrest Vs rampage 2:

Rampage wants it, forrest just lost. Rampage would probably be the only other person to get a shot at the title over Macheeta or Silva. Page just beat the guy that beat him twice, so Forrest Vs. Page is a good fight for a undercard or even a main event.

I don't know what they will do with Wandy or Thiago, though. They might make for a good brawl, both agressive styles?

southmadejd is offline Member
    You also have to think about what would be the bigger draw....personally I think Rampage is a bigger draw than Machida. You need a big draw to fight against Rashad because Rashad just isn't that interesting....don't get me wrong, I think he is a very talented fighter and I want to see him again but a lot of people out there would rather watch Rampage fight again.

The same goes with Mir....it is going to be his opponents that are the draws...not him. I know Dana is hoping Brock beats Mir so then it will be easier to promote fights because Brock brings the box office where ever he goes.

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Rampage has stated he wants to fight Forrest first so I see that fight happening

If Lyoto beats Thiago than he definetly deserves a crack at Rashad

Chuck has stated he wants a rematch with Keith so that will probably happen

If Shogun beats Coleman I think he should fight Thiago, even if he wins or loses against LYoto

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    To me Page vs Rashad makes the most sense. Forest is so marketable that back to back losses could be crippling, and losing to Page in a rematch is a very real possibility. I think that Page has the advantage against Evans but it makes for a very interesting fight. Forest will still be in the thick of things but I think a Jardine match up makes a lot of sense at this time. He has come a long way since the first fight and should be able to handle him this time around. I think that Chuck needs to realize that he is not what he once was in terms of having the power to decide who and when he fights. The Jardine match up is not something that most the fans want to see.

Although Machida has looked very good I think a lot will depend on how he looks against Thiago. It would not surprise me to see Machida fight Wandy if he beats Thiago. That way the UFC gives Wandy one more chance and if Machida wins the UFC now has Machida looking even more legit to go after the belt. Shogun is the real wild card in my eyes. I hope he looks good in his Coleman fight!

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    how about
    lydell /griffin
    jackson/evans
    a silva(up from 185)/jardine

Now your talking. You should replace Joe Silva. Those are three great match-ups!

I would go with Griffen, Page, and Silva

Blog Entries
    ^^ me 2 but after my last nightmare re picks i almost wouldnt wanna say *L*

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    jardine is a very hard fight to call every time. i wouldn't have picked him to beat chuck but he did. i still think AS is just too good for him though.

i don't think machida*** should get a title shot yet. who has he beaten? tito ortiz? thats all. if he wins vs thiago i would put him vs forrest, while rampage vs evans

page vs evans is to good of a fight not to have. Machida is impressive but this is a business and having him with the belt or fight for it for that matter is not the draw that Page or Evans is. Sad but true

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Those are good fights, lol.

I would really like to see Macheeta vs Rashad though. Just intrest me for some reason.

It would be a funny dance, and they would both loose their entire purse from yellow cards in pride, but putting the 2 similar elusive, waiting styles against each other would hopfully force them to collide at some point.

Chuck did the same elusive, chase me thing to rampage. Rampage lured him in with taunts though, and caught him. Chuck liked to feed the crowed, to please them. I don't think Rashad or Macheeta care if the crowed cheers or boo's for that matter.

jdogg - MACHIDA lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    page vs evans is to good of a fight not to have. Machida is impressive but this is a business and having him with the belt or fight for it for that matter is not the draw that Page or Evans is. Sad but true
    very true and i wouldn't put machida up that high yet, the only real win he's had recently was tito. i'm wondering how he fought bj penn previously, but that would be interesting. i think he really needs to prove himself before being ready for the title shot

agreed. Maybe he will show something this next fight

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    page vs machida
    page vs shogun
    shogun vs rashad
    rashad vs machida
    wand vs thiago
    wand vs forest
    wand vs hendo 3!
    forest vs machida
    forest vs liddel
    liddel vs shogun
    liddel vs hendo

a silva vs shogun/forest/machida/liddel

some of those match ups could be lame but i would like to see the outcome none the less

I wouldn't mind seeing Lil Nog in there along with Arona. Luiz Cane looked really good.

Quote Originally Posted by godkilla View Post
    page vs machida
    page vs shogun
    shogun vs rashad
    rashad vs machida
    wand vs thiago
    wand vs forest
    wand vs hendo 3!
    forest vs machida
    forest vs liddel
    liddel vs shogun
    liddel vs hendo

a silva vs shogun/forest/machida/liddel

some of those match ups could be lame but i would like to see the outcome none the less
    are you planning fights for the next 3-4 years?? getting 2-3 of those match ups in a year would be lucky

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I would like to see
    Forst vs wyanda
    Page vs evens
    shougun vs liddel.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    jdogg - MACHIDA lol

very true and i wouldn't put machida up that high yet, the only real win he's had recently was tito. i'm wondering how he fought bj penn previously, but that would be interesting. i think he really needs to prove himself before being ready for the title shot
    Arm traingled Sokoudju when he was considered Top 10
    Beat Tito

Those are his big name wins

Also undefeated in UFC with wins over Nakamura, Heath, and Hoger

Undefeated in his entire career with tko wins over Rich Franklin, Bonnar, and a win over BJ

If he beats Thiago he deserves a shot more than anyone, if not him only person I can think of is Rampage.

i've never thought of sokodju as a top contender. all his big wins were years ago. like franklin was in 05 right? i'll give him 3rd or 4th, but i think rampage should get another shot first

Ya I wasnt the biggest fan of Sokoudju either but at the the time he was comin off first round knock outs of Arona and Lil Nog, so he was definetaly top 10. Ya since Rampage was champ and lost a conterversial dec. to Forrest I can see him getting the shot first.

Hoger, bonar, and and nakamura? So what. He beat a Tito that is a shell of his former self and Soko looked like Houston Alexanderon the ground. Page deserves it way more. Don't be shocked if Chuck gets another crack at it before Lyoto. Okay maybe that's a stretch but it's not enough just to win in the Ufc. Ask Lindland

Ya I think Rampage can get it before him, but who else deserves it? Hes 5-0 in the ufc if he beats Thiago that makes him 6-0.

if he beats Thiago you have to five it to him but not until Page takes out Evans. I think that Page takes it to Machida and forces him to engage.

didn't Fitch win 7 fights before he got his title fight?

didn't Fitch win 7 fights before he got his title fight?
    Ya and his biggest win was probably Diego, and Thiago when he wasnt that great.

if he beats Thiago you have to five it to him but not until Page takes out Evans. I think that Page takes it to Machida and forces him to engage.
    yeah i think rampage could over power machida. lyoto looked strong enough against tito, but like you said, tito isn't anywhere near what he used to be.

fitch did wait a while for the title shot, but he's still young compared to rampage and them who are near the end of their careers

There the same age but Rampage has a lot more fights on his resume. It shouldn't matter if your young or old but the wins you've put together.

how about this one...Houston Alexander Vs Wand! That would be a blood bath. Does anyone else think it's F'd that Fitch is fighting on the under card?

After GSP beats Alves I would love to see a Fitch vs Alves rematch.

Blog Entries
    shame about tito - id like to see a true ground and pound (him in prime)/takedown guy in this division ...the chuck /randy matchups were alway intersting ..would randy get him down or would chuck catch him....

Quote Originally Posted by rush_604 View Post
    There the same age but Rampage has a lot more fights on his resume. It shouldn't matter if your young or old but the wins you've put together.
    i'm not saying that old guys should get a title shot first, but he's definitely been around the block more, getting more experience, really building his resume for the title shot. especially someone who just lost it, i think they should still get an express path to the title fight

Ya Fitch is getting ****ed over. From Main event to Pre-Lim. I got tickets so I get to see it regardless though lol. I guess its all because of the Video game bullshit. Him Fighting Alves would be a pretty sick re match. Alves has much better TD defense now, if he could keep it standing he could probably pull it off.

Alves has amazing TD defense and very da gerous strikes. I think the only thing that can hold him back is his cardio. That being said he looks like a 205'er!

yeah he's a tad lazy. very naturally talented though

Blog Entries
    was it him or paulo filho that was a total flat out give up bum his last fight???

That was Paulo. Alves was really good in his last fight a 3rd decision over Koscheck.

Blog Entries
    gotcha...I missed that one too! thanks.....

Quote Originally Posted by rush_604 View Post
    That was Paulo. Alves was really good in his last fight a 3rd decision over Koscheck.
    which is too bad. i like kos, a couple of my friends wrestled with him before too.

Kos is a he'll of a wrestler and a great fighter. I think he will be around for a. Long time but never quite on top of the heap. I really wish we could have seen him vs Hughes. Fitch vs Kos is also very interesting to me. I know him and Swick are boys but that one would be another great fight

I think if Fitch, Kos, or Mike wanna get a shot at the title there gonna eventually have to fight each other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information