Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bj vs gps

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"

Cool Bj vs gps

The boxing fighting wrestling forum has slowed down lets get it back up with some great post. I called the last three wrong so I am just going to say they both are great fighters and I cant wait to see the fight. Let me hear what you all think. I will say if BJ's cardio is on GPS needs to watch out..

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    BJ IMO is a more skilled fighter. He has more tools.

GPS is more athletic, he trains hard, he's strong and fast.

I think BJ has closed the gap a lot in the difference of athletic ability. There is not one area that one will be over whelmingly more dominate than the other.

I'd like to see GSP come out on top cause i want to see Anderson fight someone like GSP. The sad part is, Anderson will be fighting a champion in a lower wieght class yet it will build on his P4P #1 if he wins.

I think BJ will give GSP troubles though. BJ seems motivated, and he is in great shape.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that BJ has a slight edge in overall ability, but not by much. I believe where he can win this fight is in the stand-up. This fight, to my knowledge, is a 5 round fight so a lot if going to ride on whether BJ can stop the takedowns. If GSP can take BJ down at will he will win a decision but if Penn can stuff the takedowns and keep it standing I give him a slight edge. Should be an awesome fight.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    BJ as an underdog is definitely worth a bet in this one.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    these two have some of the best sprawls/td defense in the ufc. i am crossing my fingers for a stand up war that ends in a ko or tko. imo bj has a better chance of finishing this fight but gsp has a better chance of grinding out a decision. so if it stays on the feet and bj doesnt commit suicide via cardio self assasination i give it to bj, but if gsp can get it down and keep it there as well as score some points then obviously he can get a decision.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    ^^ no.. a bjj match between them would be ten times more interesting. two of the best there is going at it.

gsp is a better fighter in every way except bjj. bj penn is close behind, but is too small to hang with gsp in striking, wrestling. he might have heavy hands for a 155, but gsp has some real power and is 170 so... yeah.

gsp by tko in the 4th

uh no. not for me anyways. you may think watching them roll around on the ground with eachother looking for a sub neither will prolly get is ten times more entertaining then watching them stand and trade blows but i sure as hell dont. imo bj has heavier hands at 155 AND 170 as well as a better chin and bjj.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    im not a bj fan... but, he seems to rise to the occasion. let the two fight and lets get faber in with the looser - then assuming faber wins let them get a unified title

dude its not boxing.. that doesn't happen. they have contracts to their league and can't just jump around as they please. and like urijah fabers skinny ass would ever be a decent fighter at 170. he would get wrecked by anyone decent in the ufc so he stays in the wec to try to make his name while he still can. hes a nobody

if you can't appreciate bjj then just go watch boxing.

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    i think penn has alittle more skill but gsp brings the heart and anything can happen at anytime factor so i dont know man but it would be an awesome fight i bet that

Faber is amazing.....at 145. Only the truly elite transcend weight classes i.e. Penn and Anderson. Penn and GSP would literally prison rape Faber.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    let them all meet at 160, faber could do it no prob... that dude looks 180s at 145... and he is so fast - bj is fat and gsp would have a hard time getting to that and staying there

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    let them all meet at 160, faber could do it no prob... that dude looks 180s at 145... and he is so fast - bj is fat and gsp would have a hard time getting to that and staying there
    plz. faber vs gsp?! LOL. yeah and on the same card we can have fedor vs my little brother.

and Randy vs Mom

now that funny

did pulver fight any one who fought gsp? faber is legit ... e'specially after the last loss

did pulver fight any one who fought gsp? faber is legit ... e'specially after the last loss
    pulver fought penn. faber is like 5'4 thats the only reason he looks big. he has NO CHANCE even at 155, bj penn would finish the fight in whatever way he wanted, at whatever time in the match, without trying.

faber is fast.. LOL he fights garbage guys in wec, gsp would look like a lightening bolt against him. he would miss with head kicks because he's too short. gsp would smash him into pieces, i really think you are confused about everything in the world.

thats like me taking on mike tyson and saying i have a chance because i'm younger LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    pulver fought penn. faber is like 5'4 thats the only reason he looks big. he has NO CHANCE even at 155, bj penn would finish the fight in whatever way he wanted, at whatever time in the match, without trying.

faber is fast.. LOL he fights garbage guys in wec, gsp would look like a lightening bolt against him. he would miss with head kicks because he's too short. gsp would smash him into pieces, i really think you are confused about everything in the world.

thats like me taking on mike tyson and saying i have a chance because i'm younger LOL.
    ya and that is what every body ... did you hear that... every body said against mir...

i used to fight trigg and pound the crap out of him - i made it my goal every day to hummiliate him every chance i could...he had a wild guy attitude that i loved to make him eat... so could i fight gsp??? we'll never now that is why we guess at it till they "get it on!!!" so i guess if you are going to say "i dont know any thing" i know this i can hold my own with knowledge of the bible and fighting - thats what i know... trigg and gsp got it on a few time and trigg held his own with him... gsp is a good fighter fast and mean... faber is very fast and in a world that loves fights that would be a good one
    Last edited by amcon; 01-06-2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: sp

o ya i loved tyson - the most explosive animalistic fighter ever... in any weight class. but who did he fight? evander? buster? burbick?

tyson was the best cause he was... not because of who he fought

faber is a good fighter with the right tools and the right work ethic... the wec is why he lost with that stupid idea in his head he can give up his back and not get pounded...(i know the spininig punch was his down fall but... he tried to recover by exposing his back and got finished)

ya and that is what every body ... did you hear that... every body said against mir...

i used to fight trigg and pound the crap out of him - i made it my goal every day to hummiliate him every chance i could...he had a wild guy attitude that i loved to make him eat... so could i fight gsp??? we'll never now that is why we guess at it till they "get it on!!!" so i guess if you are going to say "i dont know any thing" i know this i can hold my own with knowledge of the bible and fighting - thats what i know... trigg and gsp got it on a few time and trigg held his own with him... gsp is a good fighter fast and mean... faber is very fast and in a world that loves fights that would be a good one
    two questions. did you rnc trigg in training and did you even see trigg vs gsp?

and do you realize faber would get murdered by any of the top 5 in ufc 155? he beats up on no bodies in a small, second rate league that are just starting. he's been around for this long and never really done anything. wec champ is like playing d2 football. good for you, but no one really cares. no one will remember you, and you'll never get anywhere with it.

he doesn't even make money over there. my mom makes more than he does and he'll be done in a couple years

Quote Originally Posted by godkilla View Post
    two questions. did you rnc trigg in training and did you even see trigg vs gsp?
    trigg in training and live matches wrestling and mma early in his career... he put on tons of muscle after me... prob cause of me the punk... actually, as he got older that meanness left him... yes i did see it - youtube

and do you realize faber would get murdered by any of the top 5 in ufc 155? he beats up on no bodies in a small, second rate league that are just starting. he's been around for this long and never really done anything. wec champ is like playing d2 football. good for you, but no one really cares. no one will remember you, and you'll never get anywhere with it.

he doesn't even make money over there. my mom makes more than he does and he'll be done in a couple years
    faber got 350k for the last fight, plus unknow amount from monster enegry drinks... your mom must make a lot.

i wont be remembered for that and dont need to be,(it will be a story that i will hold dear to me for many reasons)& i care - and that goes a long way... you dont care cause thats how you are. i am remembered for other things hopfully, i have gotten very far with stories from that time period all across the country doing what i do.

and trust me if i wasnt 37 yo, i would be out there pounding with the best of them... i have live sparred with some very strong men in mma (i guess they would be d2 to you as well)

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    LOL did you say Trigg held his own with GSP. Wich fight were you watching? That was one of the biggest shit kickings GSP has ever put on. I dont even think Trigg landed one shot, he got completly dominated.

Are you talking about Faber the guy who lost to Griffin, who is a good LW. You think Faber could beat GSP and BJ? How would he beat GSP? How would he beat BJ? He might have an advantage of wrestling on BJ but thats it. What can he possibly do to GSP?

faber got 350k for the last fight, plus unknow amount from monster enegry drinks... your mom must make a lot.

i wont be remembered for that and dont need to be,(it will be a story that i will hold dear to me for many reasons)& i care - and that goes a long way... you dont care cause thats how you are. i am remembered for other things hopfully, i have gotten very far with stories from that time period all across the country doing what i do.

and trust me if i wasnt 37 yo, i would be out there pounding with the best of them... i have live sparred with some very strong men in mma (i guess they would be d2 to you as well)
    you're taking this way too personally. would some d2 team be able to beat florida, usc, oklahoma? no way. same for faber. and he made under 50k in all his fights, i don't know where you get your information

Sean serk, Tyson Griffin, Kenny Florian, Edgar, Franca, Joe Stevenson, Huerta I see all these guys giving Faber HUGE problems.

Comparing him to any 170lber is just unfair. Way to much of a weight advantage.

you're taking this way too personally. would some d2 team be able to beat florida, usc, oklahoma? no way. same for faber. and he made under 50k in all his fights, i don't know where you get your information
    i got the info from him... he was on some talk show and i caught just a little bit of him saying what he made...

i was not the one who said you didnt know any thing - that was personally directed to me...

*your quote "i really think you are confused about everything in the world."

*again, your words your quote "good for you, but no one really cares. no one will remember you, and you'll never get anywhere with it"

****just for refrence to your age "my mom makes more than he does and he'll be done in a couple years " come on your mom???? your mom? how old are you are you old enough to even be here?

Quote Originally Posted by rush_604 View Post
    Sean serk, Tyson Griffin, Kenny Florian, Edgar, Franca, Joe Stevenson, Huerta I see all these guys giving Faber HUGE problems.

Comparing him to any 170lber is just unfair. Way to much of a weight advantage.
    yes, the idea was if the met in the middle faber goes up they go down... and mma is a "any given day" type of sport... all's it takes is one good punch ask chuck

yes, the idea was if the met in the middle faber goes up they go down... and mma is a "any given day" type of sport... all's it takes is one good punch ask chuck
    I can Just ask Faber.

I dont think GSP could cut to meet him in the middle.

ask faber and get back to us...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=57003ac9ca

Explain how that is "holding his own"

*your quote "i really think you are confused about everything in the world."

that was at you

*again, your words your quote "good for you, but no one really cares. no one will remember you, and you'll never get anywhere with it"

that was in general

****just for refrence to your age "my mom makes more than he does and he'll be done in a couple years " come on your mom???? your mom? how old are you are you old enough to even be here?

i'm 18, almost 19. yeah she makes more than that, and its a career. not 10 years of work then your out on your ass. i'd rather mention her than you tryin to ride his dick like he's a king

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    uriah faber made $14,000 in his last fight...his highest payout EVER which included victory , fight of night, knockout of night bonus was $44,000. Just for the record. Oh and btw him at any weight call other than 145 and froget it..i dont think he can hang with the 55's in ufc...no way. JMO
    I want BJ to win the upcoming fight no doubt...do not underestimate his hands and power IMO. People keep saying oh the weight ..i dunno ...he is considered a world class striker in addition to all his other skills. No i dont personally care for GSP...but he is very exciting and taleneted no doubt...i just hope he loses *L*

ahh jimmy don't say that! gsp is my number 2 favorite after rampage. but then again everyone wanted wanderlei to win last time too so we'll see

Blog Entries
    yeah my prob is i pick ufc winners with my heart not my head, good thing i dont bet! BUT in this case i see it as 50/50 no matter how i look at it.

yep, so in this case my hearts on the other side. it should definitely be a good fight. i might have to go over to hooters for it

Blog Entries
    sounds like a win /win hooters and the ufc....now thats american *L*

oh yeahhhh always makes for a good night. the unbeatable combo

I was there for the last fight and yes it was a good time because between fights it gave me something to look at and endless food.

I still cant call the fight because it could go either way and I cant call this one with my heart because I like both of them. They have fought each other in the past and bj's cardio was weak and if he bring it this time he just could walk away with it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information