BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member

ESPN/Sherdog Pound 4 Pound top 10 list...

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Anderson Silva

UFC middleweight champion

In what may be a side effect that is part and parcel of being designated the sport's numero uno, the MMA populace has grown rather antsy at the prospect of Silva defending his middleweight mantle against solid top-10 contenders rather than seeking out bombastic challenges. However, prizefighting legacies are fostered through taking on all comers, and "The Spider" will face reputable opposition from once-beaten Brazilian Thales Leites in the headliner of UFC 97 in Montreal on April 18. After that, Silva has another challenger lying in wait in Yushin Okami, with the perk of Okami being the last man to take a win over Silva due to a disqualification from an illegal upkick three years ago. I am down with this one and him being on the top

Georges St. Pierre

UFC welterweight champion

In the interim, the MMA world will continue to buzz over St. Pierre trainer Phil Nurse's Vaseline indiscretions. Ultimately, however, St. Pierre's brutal bashing of rival B.J. Penn at UFC 94 will stand, which means it's on to the next megafight for the budding superstar. While his pounding of "The Prodigy" has rejuvenated his case to be considered the sport's pound-for-pound king, St. Pierre has a chance to earn yet another win over another pound-for-pound entrant when he faces top contender Thiago Alves later this year. If he's able to dominate the dynamic Alves, it would be mighty difficult to argue against St. Pierre as the sport's undisputed alpha dog. I am also good with this one as long as the they are wrong about him cheating

Fedor Emelianenko

Affliction heavyweight champion

St. Pierre wasn't the only fighter to make a profound statement about his divisional dominance recently. At Affliction's "Day of Reckoning" on Jan. 24, Emelianenko faced his biggest test in 3½ years when he took on a rejuvenated Andrei Arlovski, who opened up the bout with some of the most brilliant work of his career. Then one Emelianenko overhand right put Arlovski down, face first, out cold, in brutally photogenic fashion. What is better still for MMA's enduringly dominant heavyweight is that despite the relative sparseness of the heavyweight division and Zuffa's always-growing stable of fighters, Emelianenko still has another fantastic opponent to match up with come the summer when he'll finally take on Josh Barnett.good choice but could have been second and would give them a run to the number one

B.J. Penn

UFC lightweight champion

His Jan. 31 drubbing at the hands of Georges St. Pierre might have been a bitter pill to swallow. However, even for Penn fans, there is a measure of sweetness, as the loss should send him back to the lightweight division, where the MMA world has wanted him to stay for the past five years. Unless the often-erratic Penn opts for a sabbatical, Zuffa's promotional hope for "The Prodigy" is that he'll put his title on the line against Kenny Florian come June. Florian would be the first in a long line of lightweight challenges for Penn's title.since gsp beat him he should be listed lower

Miguel Torres

WEC bantamweight champion

The sport's bantamweight ruler looks to add to his gaudy record by taking his 17th straight victory on April 5, when he risks his bantamweight banner against unbeaten upstart Brian Bowles. After a breakout 2008 in which Torres' dynamism took the bantamweight division to the big time, his bout with Bowles is the biggest 135-pound tilt to date in the sport. Better yet, it is a homecoming of sorts for Torres. The fight headlines WEC 40 in Chicago, where the East Chicago, Ind., native put together most of his early career wins.great fighter love to watch him fight very well rounded

Rashad Evans

UFC light heavyweight champion

While Evans' immediate future has some flexibility, neither option will be easy. Evans' teammate Keith Jardine will take on former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 96 on March 7 in Columbus, Ohio. Should Jackson best Jardine, Evans can likely look forward to "Rampage" at UFC 100 on July 11. Should Jackson falter, things get no easier, as Evans would then risk his 205-pound crown against enigmatic, unbeaten Lyoto Machida. C'est la vie in the sport's premier division.time will only tell on thiis one....

Forrest Griffin

UFC light heavyweight

After 2008 ended unceremoniously for Griffin, who was pounded out by Rashad Evans in their Dec. 27 title tilt, the former UFC light heavyweight champion's misfortunes have spilled over prominently into 2009 with a broken right hand requiring corrective surgery. Although he was originally said to be out for 2009 and likely to make an autumn return, healing has gone well. Griffin has stated that he hopes to be back by summer, and there will never be a shortage of marquee matchups for him at 205 pounds. no way i dont think he should be in the top ten...there are a lot of other fight that could have filled this spot..

Quinton Jackson

UFC light heavyweight

Jackson's bid to regain his UFC light heavyweight title and 205-pound supremacy began stylishly at UFC 92 in December when he destroyed arch-nemesis Wanderlei Silva in the first round. Now Jackson faces a win-and-you're-in proposition at UFC 96 on March 7, as he was gracious enough to his employers at Zuffa to step into the main event against Keith Jardine. Should Rampage be victorious, he'll have earned the chance to face Rashad Evans on July 11 at UFC 100 in a major 205-pound marquee bout. when he is on yes but when he is not hell no

Thiago Alves

UFC welterweight

Save for his scale indiscretion before his June bout with Matt Hughes, Alves had a sensational 2008 in ripping up three straight top-10 opponents. He is now faced with the daunting task of unseating welterweight ruler Georges St. Pierre later this year in a blockbuster of a welterweight bout. While "The Pitbull" has more than earned himself a healthy contingent of fans, his in-ring handshake with St. Pierre following the Canadian's win over B.J. Penn more than firmed up who the fan favorite will be in their contest. he should be up there in the number 7 spot...and i think he will be the one that take gsp spot...very bad man

Mike Thomas Brown

WEC featherweight champion

Despite being the sport's featherweight kingpin, it isn't rainbows ahead for Brown. First, he must march into Corpus Christi, Texas, on March 1 to defend his WEC featherweight title against brutal banger Leonard Garcia, a Lubbock native who will practically be in his own backyard. Should Brown emerge victorious, he'll then have to prove to the world he's no fluke, as former WEC king and poster boy Urijah Faber awaits the victor for a summer showdown. Should he win both of those bouts, the world would be forced to accept Brown as a serious pound-for-pounder. Of course, that does very little about the likes of Wagnney Fabiano and Jose Aldo, both waiting around the corner.faber will take is belt back on the rematch so faber should be where even is now..

this is IMO and it could change tomorrow....

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    P4P lists are meaningless and pointless.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I think that Brown, Griffen, and Evans don't belong

What does pound for pound really mean anyways? Is it all things being equal, weight wise, who would win? In other words, who is the most talented? Because I am hard pressed to find someone tougher than Henderson at three weight classes. I mean he beat Big Nog at Heavyweight, Wandy at 205, and can thrash pretty much anyone at 185. Shouldn't he be on that list? Same thing with BJ. He can compete and 155, 170, and maybe even still 185. Just my two cents

My thoughts exactly. I think Silva is willing to prove it but he has to fight some real competition before we can crown him king. Maybe a GSP vs Silva fight will help settle that. I think people often write off Heavyweights because the are well....Heavyweights. Fedor is as talented and tough as anyone at any weight. He doesn't beat people up because he is bigger but rather because he is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I think Silva is willing to prove it but he has to fight some real competition before we can crown him king. Maybe a GSP vs Silva fight will help settle that. I think people often write off Heavyweights because the are well....Heavyweights. Fedor is as talented and tough as anyone at any weight. He doesn't beat people up because he is bigger but rather because he is so much better.
    that is so true...I still like to see silva fight some contenders at 205....before gps and him meet...

I think the size difference is unfair. To much size for GSP to give up. Why doesn't he just fight Rampage of Wand? Silva can be a contender at 205 if not the top dog. Quit feeding him James Irvin and lets see some real fights.

Chuck is old but I would love to see Silva out class him on his feet. I am not sure of a 205'er that could handle A. Silva at this point.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont' think you can pentalize BJ for loosing to GSP.

I think it was easy to see from that fight size had a lot to do with the outcome.

There are very few, if any fighters that can go up a weight class and beat the champ in the next heavier weight class.

Anderson IMO is probably the only one who might be able too. But he's honestly a real 205'er anyway. Probably can make it easier than Hendo.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post

I think it was easy to see from that fight size had a lot to do with the outcome.

There are very few, if any fighters that can go up a weight class and beat the champ in the next heavier weight class.

Anderson IMO is probably the only one who might be able too. But he's honestly a real 205'er anyway. Probably can make it easier than Hendo.

I agree, he got in cage.....

rush_604 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post

Why hes the one who wanted to fight. Other contenders for the belt had to wait because of him. He was so confident talkin shit about how GSP is a quitter, and how hes gonna fight to the death. Looks like Death came right at the end of Round 4. If the UFC had pushed him to fight GSP than you couldn't blame BJ, but this is all his doing. After the Sherk fight he called GSP out.

^^^truer words have never been spoken. Excellent point

Bj was so disrespectful that anything short of a first round ko would have been a let down with the shit he talked. I am curious to see how he bounces back from this

Thread Information