BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member

Why no love for Lashley here?

I just watched Lashley beat Guida on MMAroot.com. It was only his second fight. I noticed that no one here gives Lashley much love even though he has a very similar record as Lesnar.

I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about MMA as I am about boxing, but am I missing something here? Why isn't Lashley getting the level of interest Lesnar got when he broke into MMA?

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    I noticed that no one here gives Lashley much love even though he has a very similar record as Lesnar.
    Couple of reasons.

1) Brock beat Randy Couture, and is now the UFC Heavyweight Champ, and Lashley just beat a guy with a 17-20 record.

2) The other reason would probably be that Lashley isnt as big a name as Brock is.

3) Brock is a more talented athlete. His skills are far more advanced than Lashley's.

Thanks for the response War. I don't dispute the 1st point. But Brock from his inception into MMA came with huge fan fare. Lashley has come in under the radar a bit. My question is why? And can you explain why you feel Brock is a better athlete. Their athletic resumes are very comparable.

And can you explain why you feel Brock is a better athlete. Their athletic resumes are very comparable.
    Well after watching them both fight, you cannot honestly say that Lashley is a superior athlete. Brock seems to be more powerful, faster, and surley a better wreslter. Lashley is no sloth, but in my eyes, Lesnar seems better at controling and determining where the fight takes place. At least at this point in their respective careers.

Ive even gone as far as watching some tapes while he was in the WWE, and all i can say is wow. AAS or HGH use, reguardless, the guy is an amazing athlete.

But Brock from his inception into MMA came with huge fan fare.
    Again that has to go back to him being a bigger name. He was a superstar in the WWE during its hay-day of the the late 1990's and early 00-04, as well as his stints in pro football.

Now his metoric rise in MMA seems to be legit. He is a Mixed Martial Artist, i have no problem saying that. Is he the best in the world? I dont think so, but he is a force for anyone in the world at HW.

except Fedor.
    Last edited by WARMachine; 03-23-2009 at 02:13 AM.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you seen Lashley throw a punch? He looks like Donkey Kong

Reminds me of Sapp. Only not as big, probably not as dumb, and a better wrestler.

Hopefully he can take a punch better....
    I would like to see Lashley fight Cro Cop as well

Quote Originally Posted by WARMachine View Post
    Reminds me of Sapp. Only not as big, probably not as dumb, and a better wrestler.
    In Sapp's defense he actually quite intelligent. He plays the role as the dumb gorilla for money. Fortunately I had the chance to do a movie (Longest Yard), with Bobb Sapp (I was an extra), and made friends with the guy. He's freakishly strong and a helluva nice guy and like I said, he is quite smart.

As far as Lashley throwing a punch, yeah, he needs to work on his boxing skills for sure. I think he can throw a punch but rushing an oppponent with your chin straight up in the air is just asking to be knocked out. IMO, Lesnar doesn't have the greatest boxing skill either. They are both extremely explosive and great wrestlers. I guess I'm just not as impressed with Lesnar as I should be. Like Lashley, he's a bully in the ring. I hope Lashley continues to improve and Lesnar continues his domination so I can see these guys fight in the future. I love seeing huge guys (closer to my playing size, lol) fight with some athleticism.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    cause he's boring and a shitty fighter...

He's freakishly strong
    Yeah, wonder why that is? :lol

As far as him being a smart guy, idk...

Doesnt act like it. It was very low class after one of his fights and he tried to sucker punch Mike Tyson.

As well as him being a baby in the locker room when he fought Nog. I was there, though i didnt see any of it. From what I heard he smashed some TV set and was bitching like a woman.

And concerning Lesnar's boxing skills, they look pretty decent to me. Thats not to say hes a super talented boxer, but he has good basic fundamentals. Watch the HH fight again, youll see.

I think Brock has sufficient striking. He tucks his chin, throws straight punches, and pulls his punches back fast. I think he would hurt Lashley.

Mir, Herring, and Randy are a little more impressive than a fat guy who couldn't make weight on tuff

Thread Information