Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tecate4E is offline New Member

My UFC 100 Predictions! Share yours.

Ok let me start off by saying; UFC 100 in my opion is going to be the best fight card in UFC history. I'm truly excited to see the results. I'm for sure going to pay the 50$ to see this, and i recommend any mixed martial artist to do the same" you will enjoy it".

Brock Lesnar Vs. Frank Mir

I could be wrong but i think Lesner is going to defend his title. I know Mir has beat him before, but i think i was a fluke at the time. Mir did look hella impressive against Nogueira. If i were to compair these fighters skills i would give the win to Mir. Lesner has much to improve, but he is a beast and he'll end up being to overwhelming for Mir.

GSP Vs. Thiago Alves

Gonna give it to GSP. Look for GSP to keep it standing up. This should be a relatively easy defense for GSP.

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago

Jon Fitch will beat Thiago. I know Thiago KO'ed Josh Koscheck in the first round, but it was a complete fluke. Josh is a much better fighter then Thiago. Fitch Shouldn't have a problem with Thiago. I hope Fitch is 100% healthy going into this fight as well.

Dan Henderson Vs. Michael Bisping

I have had the privilege to meet Dan in person and he's an awesome wrestling coach and an awesome person. I hope henderson wins, but this is going to be a close fight. I think Henderson will win if he takes is to the ground or keeps it in the clinch, but if they stay standing then Bisping will likely pick him part and walk away with the win. I am looking forward to this fight.

Mark Coleman Vs. Stephan Bonnar

I'm going to give the win to Bonnar. Coleman was a complete embarrassment his last fight, coleman has done everything he's going to do in this sport. Bonnar got worked his last fight against my man Jon Jones, but he is much younger. who ever loses this fight really needs to reconsider what there doing. I wasn't impressed with either of there last fights.

Mac Danzig Vs. Joe Miller

I hope Miller beats him, but thats not going to happen. Danzig will walk away with the win.

JON JONES Vs. Jake O'Brien

I am a huge Jon Jones fan, i watched him fight in the Jersey City fight cards, and he is so Athletic. I can honestly say he has the most natural talent and the most potential in the UFC. His last fight was so impressive, he controlled Stephan Bonnar the entire fight. Jones has that greco roman back round that is just spatular to watch. I can go on and on about how i think Jones is going to be the next big thing. O'Brien is a huge 185 pounder, but i dont think will be able to handle the 21 year old Jon Jones.

Dong Kim Vs. Jonathan Goulet

Dong Kim should win, but it will be an awesome fight.

Well those are my predictions for the fights that matter to me.

thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member
    if lesnar doesnt get it in the first round, he's gonna be in trouble...dont get me wrong...im a BIG brock fan, i just think its fun to see such a large person with athleticism...but thats just it...this guy is carrying around a TON of muscle mass, his endurance or lack there of was slightly exposed in the Randy fight.....mir is smaller and quicker....i dont like mir very much...so i got fingers crossed for brock....

i have a slightly different look at the hendo fight, i am rooting for hendo...however, i think he will still have an advantage standing up....he's really a decent striker considering he is a world class wrestler...either way...GOOO HENDO!!

lostcause is offline Junior Member
    i hope gsp destroys thiago, but this fight has me worried. im a huge gsp fan and there is no doubt that he is the better fighter, but with the explosivness and power of alves, i wont be able to relax til its over (evans-griffin).

bighital is offline Associate Member
    The Winner's are....

Brock Lesnar will over power Mir and learn from his 1st loss..

Thiago Alves-will kick GSP ass--WATCH!!!!

Jon Fitch will win but it will go all 3 rounds..

Dan Henderson --Friends with the family and will kick Bisping ass..Dan is strait out TUFF!

Stephan Bonnar will pull this one out MAYBE --Coleman still has some trick's left!!

Mac Danzig over Joe--It will go all the rounds..

JON JONES the winner--- Jake O'Brien is in trouble...

Dong Kim is the winner, this might go all the rounds to...

I completely agree with ya, but i have to Bisping's striking is a notch above Hendersons "i think". But you right is Lesner doesn't KO mir in the first round then he will be in trouble.

We agree on every fight besides Alves! GSP is such a more rounded fighter.

BTBAM is offline Junior Member
    im mostly excited for the Alves GSP fight, i think will be a great match. I feel that GSP will not just walk over him, and i think Alves will pull this one out.

Biohazard74 is offline Associate Member
    Great fights !

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Very good night of fights.

Its going to be a great fight. Although i actually think GSP is gonna have the edge here by a bit. He is a stronger wrestler and has a better ground and pound and thats where the fight is going to go and fast. If he stands to long anything can happen. But i doubt he is going to risk that against Alvez. As far as Mir & Lesnar? I think Mir will pull this one off again. Call me crazy

Jon Fitch over Paulo Thiago

Dan Henderson over Michael Bisping

Stephan Bonnar over Mark Coleman

johnCash is offline Associate Member
    lesnar will win this time 4 sure. too big and powerful
    gsp will beat alves by ground and pound
    stephen bonnar will end colemans comeback cause he's looked brutal so far.
    henderson over bisping. hendersons fights all the best guys and bisping doesnt.
    paulo thiago over jon fitch
    dong kim kos goulet

Hunter is offline Grateful

Mir will catch Brock. Brock will get frustrated and end up taking Mir down and getting caught in a sub.

GSP Vs. Thiago Alves

Gsp will look to take Alves down to avoid Alves dangerous stand up. Well St.pierre is no slouch standing he wont play into Alves most dangerous quality which is his stand up.

Jon Fitch will cruise to a Ud and after gsp takes out alves look for alves to get a 1 or two fights and hopefully fight Fitch to decide the number two 170 pounder in the world.

Hendo by ud. Bisping doesnt have the power to put him away and struggled against hammils wrestling and Dan is the far superior wrestling to Hammil.

Bonnar by ud, reason younger guy.

I see millers wrestling edging out Mac.

I see this easy being incredible boring or mildly engaging. Jake will look for the takedown and Jones will look to keep it standing.

Dong Kim should dominate to a three round ud.

HIITB$ is offline Associate Member
    Lesnar by man hammers to Mir through Mir's overrated guard
    GSP by dominance in all areas
    Hendo (I hope) by dec

Fitch
    Bonner
    Miller

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Looking forward to some good fights. Going to have a party for this one.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter View Post

Mir will catch Brock. Brock will get frustrated and end up taking Mir down and getting caught in a sub.

GSP Vs. Thiago Alves

Gsp will look to take Alves down to avoid Alves dangerous stand up. Well St.pierre is no slouch standing he wont play into Alves most dangerous quality which is his stand up.

Jon Fitch will cruise to a Ud and after gsp takes out alves look for alves to get a 1 or two fights and hopefully fight Fitch to decide the number two 170 pounder in the world.

Hendo by ud. Bisping doesnt have the power to put him away and struggled against hammils wrestling and Dan is the far superior wrestling to Hammil.

Bonnar by ud, reason younger guy.

I see millers wrestling edging out Mac.

I see this easy being incredible boring or mildly engaging. Jake will look for the takedown and Jones will look to keep it standing.

Dong Kim should dominate to a three round ud.

You know i personally think Matt Hamill go ****** off against Bisping, and Jon Jones is a very very entertaining fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate4E View Post
    You know i personally think Matt Hamill go ****** off against Bisping, and Jon Jones is a very very entertaining fighter.
    Yeah jons last fight wsa alright to watch but it takes two to make an exciting fight and Jones opponent is far from exciting. Also, yeah hamill got screwed against bisping.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    WARMachine's UFC 100 Predictions.

Here we go guys. Looks like a GREAT night of fights! Has the potential to be one of the best cards ever!

Lets start with the undercards.

Good fight. Lots of strikes being mixed from the beginning. Goulet might have to play guard due to Kim's throws. Goulet might get some takedowns. Work to pass etc.. He will control most of the fight winning 2/3 rounds.

Goulet by Unanimous Dec.

Jon Jones Vs. Jake O'Brien

O'Brien will look to put an end to this outrageous Jon Jones hype. O'Brien will take him down and keep him there. When they are standing, Jons will hurt Jake, but he will recover due to takedowns. Jons might even drop him with punches and win a round, but i see O'Brien controlling most of the bout.

O'Brien by Split Dec.

Possible good match. Miller will put pressure from the beginning. Danzig will answer well. Lots of takedowns by Danzig, and good strikes mixed by both guys. Miller will be a bull, but Danzig has the better game.

Hard fought battle, Danzig by spilt decision.

Coleman looks for takedowns. Bonnar sprawls. Lands shots hard. Coleman does his usual stay on his knees while trying to cover his bald spot to stop the strikes. Bonnar looks to finish, Ref stops it due to strikes.

1:50 of the very first round. Coleman bitches and whines that the ref. stopped it too early.

Cannot wait for this. Someone will be getting stopped in this fight. Hendo should bring it. The guys will keep their distance, Bisping knows better than to clinch with Hendo. Bisping will probably take the first round, throwing leg kicks, maybe a few head kicks mixed in with some combos. Hendo will defend well, and throw hard shots that will hurt Bisping more, but not as many will land.

Hendo will be more aggressive possibly in the 2nd. This is where he will win, or get caught. I see him throwing big shots and putting Mike against the cage. Hendo will dirty box, look for takedowns. Hendo wins rd. 2.

Third round now. Hendo comes out, lands some heavy strikes, hurts Bisping bad. Gets him down and finishes with a brutal KO by stikes.

Hendo wins via KO Rd. 3 (I hope. )

Interesting. Not a lot of people know who Paulo is, aside from him being the guy who KO'd Koscheck. I think the fight will start slow, with Fitch getting takedowns. Working from guard, and defending submission attempts from Thiago.

Repeat for 3 rounds, and you have the fight. Maybe a late submission attempt that could catch Fitch, but i doubt it.

Fitch by Dec.

Now for the headline!

GSP Vs. Thiago Alves

GSP vs. Alves has all the makings of a great fight! I see this going into the later rounds, with Alves getting the better of the standup, and GSP getting him down. IDK if GSP will keep him down for long periods of time, but im sure he will continue getting him there. Though he will hurt GSP with the kicks throughout the fight. Possibly rocking him once, but GSP will remain calm and take him down. Eventually Alves will gas due to the constant takedowns and barrage of punches from side control. GSP will control him, going from turtle to his back, to side control.

Ref. Stops it Rd. 3 due to strikes. GSP calls out a super fight with Anderson Silva after the fight.

And the Main Event

I see Lesnar starting slow for a change. Picking a few shots, then unleashing hell. Mir will throw high body kicks in the hope that Lesnar will shoot in. Instead he will start throwing big bombs that will cause Mir to back up toward the fence. Lesnar will throw him down, pass to side control and begin to pound Mir's prettyboy face until its hamburger meat. Lesnar will get on top and continue to hammer away for the finish.

Lesnar by (T)KO Rd. 1

He will make a mockery of the sport by celebrating in a ridiculous manner, and begin to call out other top HWs in the interview with Rogan. Ive heard online that people are organizing a "Fedor, Fedor, Fedor" chant. In which Lesnar will call out Fedor.

All in all, a good night of fights, possible title shot for Hendo, possible Superfight with GSP vs. AS, and the major possibility of Dana not being able to keep Fedor out any longer.

Definitely worth the 50 bucks guys! Well see how right or wrong i am.
    Last edited by WARMachine; 06-19-2009 at 02:22 PM.

BG
    I think Mirs going to get skull ****ed to be honest.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I think Mirs going to get skull ****ed to be honest.
    lol x2

Great picks War. I can't see any of those fights going any other way.

graeme87 is offline Member
    Mir has way better boxing than Lesan.

Randy was doing pretty well with the standup against lesnar till he got caught, Mir has much better footwork than Randy and is a southpaw which will make things interesting.

The best punch to throw against a southpaw is a right hand and Lesnar does have a good right so Mir better work on slipping that right, also better make sure he times the right uppercut well that he seemed to like to throw against Nog.

If Mir works on slipping the right hand then he has a big advantage in the stand up but his style seems to be vunerable to a right hand.

sound be a good fight!!

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme87 View Post
    I dont know about this, Brock's stand up gets better everytime he comes out. You cant use the Nog fight, that was as basic as boxing got and its not hard to hit a person if they are standing right in front of you. That was a very good version of Nog you saw that night. I believe Mirs in BIG trouble.

southmadejd is offline Member
    I dont know about this, Brock's stand up gets better everytime he comes out. You cant use the Nog fight, that was as basic as boxing got and its not hard to hit a person if they are standing right in front of you. That was a very good version of Nog you saw that night. I believe Mirs in BIG trouble.
    BG did you mean a very BAD version of Nog instead of good.....just wondering because I thought he looked like Sh-t that night.

graeme87 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    BG did you mean a very BAD version of Nog instead of good.....just wondering because I thought he looked like Sh-t that night.
    I'm sure he meant a BAD version. ANd with that being said I still stand by mate statement that Mir has way better boxing than Lesnar.

Lesnar is fast for his size yes but still very slow and loads up his punches. However as I said Mir is a southpaw and the punch to catch him with is a strait right which seems to be Lesnars fav punch.

I think if Mir works a jab and slips that big right it'll be easy work for him on the feet as I dont see Lesnar sliping too many punchs.

I think a guy with pro boxing skills would be hell for Lesnar, I'm not saying Mir's boxing is even close to pro, it's not! but if he keeps moving he'll get the job done.

southmadejd is offline Member
    Damn I really just can't wait for July 11th to get here. That is going to be such an awesome night of fights.

I want Alves to beat GSP but at the same time, I really want to see GSP vs Silva and I am not sure if GSP loses to Alves if that changes things for the superfight.

Also I will probably cry if Henderson loses to Bisping.

Are there any Brits on here. I was just wondering how you guys feel about Bisping, because here in the states, I think everybody says the same two words whenever he is brought up......Douche Bag.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am going to have to go with Brock, GSP, and Dan Henderson... Bisping is really coming on strong now, but hasn't shown his talent with the upper tear fighters like Dan has. Dan appears to be losing his luster a little, but I can't pick against him... he's made me eat my words too many times.

Randy was doing pretty well with the standup against lesnar till he got caught, Mir has much better footwork than Randy and is a southpaw which will make things interesting.

The best punch to throw against a southpaw is a right hand and Lesnar does have a good right so Mir better work on slipping that right, also better make sure he times the right uppercut well that he seemed to like to throw against Nog.

If Mir works on slipping the right hand then he has a big advantage in the stand up but his style seems to be vunerable to a right hand.

sound be a good fight!!
    I'm sure he meant a BAD version. ANd with that being said I still stand by mate statement that Mir has way better boxing than Lesnar.

Lesnar is fast for his size yes but still very slow and loads up his punches. However as I said Mir is a southpaw and the punch to catch him with is a strait right which seems to be Lesnars fav punch.

I think if Mir works a jab and slips that big right it'll be easy work for him on the feet as I dont see Lesnar sliping too many punchs.

I think a guy with pro boxing skills would be hell for Lesnar, I'm not saying Mir's boxing is even close to pro, it's not! but if he keeps moving he'll get the job done.
    No way this comes down to has better HANDS lol, neither one of them have good hands and one thinks he knows JJ and then you have half bull/half man Brock. If this doesnt end up and stay on the ground very fast i'll be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    I am going to have to go with Brock, GSP, and Dan Henderson... Bisping is really coming on strong now, but hasn't shown his talent with the upper tear fighters like Dan has. Dan appears to be losing his luster a little, but I can't pick against him... he's made me eat my words too many times.
    I like, i likey... :

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    absolutely.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by HIITB$ View Post
    No way this comes down to has better HANDS lol, neither one of them have good hands and one thinks he knows JJ and then you have half bull/half man Brock. If this doesnt end up and stay on the ground very fast i'll be shocked.
    Your crazy, Nogs has very good boxing, watch some of his old pride fights to get refreshed. Yes Brock is learning but against Heath looked pretty good and dropped Randy who took out some guys with very good striking (Chuck at the time). Plus the guys has HEAVY, fast hands with great reach (that big step he takes closes up space real fast). I dont know what Mir's going to do, he was getting pounded like a two dollar whore on the ground before Brock made the rookie mistake and on their feet, slow ass Mir wont be able to move that big head out of the way fast enough, he's going to fly like a Herring. Get it?

Your crazy, Nogs has very good boxing, watch some of his old pride fights to get refreshed. Yes Brock is learning but against Heath looked pretty good and dropped Randy who took out some guys with very good striking (Chuck at the time). Plus the guys has HEAVY, fast hands with great reach (that big step he takes closes up space real fast). I dont know what Mir's going to do, he was getting pounded like a two dollar whore on the ground before Brock made the rookie mistake and on their feet, slow ass Mir wont be able to move that big head out of the way fast enough, he's going to fly like a Herring. Get it?
    What did i say about the old version of Nog boxing? I remember it just fine, hell, i was at some of them live and i agree back in the day Nog hands were better than they are now. I still dont think regardless of how you say it will com down to a strikiing match....if im wrong, i'll suck it up later and say but right now i cant fathom this fighting turning into a striking match.
    Brock caught Randy because of the size of those sledge hammers he went down, lets not confuse good boxing with pure brute strength. Same goes with Chuck, he hits hard but lets not pretend like his "striking" is at a boxers level etc...Ive never seen a boxer lower his hands when throwing a flury, leading with an wild uppercut, i could go on but i wont because Chuck and Nog were OG's and i have mad respect for them. Lets not put the striking on a pedestal is all im saying though
    btw lil Nog was 5x the boxer as big Nog and a lot of people confused the tow often.

Quote Originally Posted by lostcause View Post
    i hope gsp destroys thiago, but this fight has me worried. im a huge gsp fan and there is no doubt that he is the better fighter, but with the explosivness and power of alves, i wont be able to relax til its over (evans-griffin).
    i agree alves is huge for his weight class and strength, probably unmatched.

tub_of_goo is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WARMachine View Post

Now for the headline!

GSP Vs. Thiago Alves

GSP vs. Alves has all the makings of a great fight! I see this going into the later rounds, with Alves getting the better of the standup, and GSP getting him down. IDK if GSP will keep him down for long periods of time, but im sure he will continue getting him there. Though he will hurt GSP with the kicks throughout the fight. Possibly rocking him once, but GSP will remain calm and take him down. Eventually Alves will gas due to the constant takedowns and barrage of punches from side control. GSP will control him, going from turtle to his back, to side control.

Ref. Stops it Rd. 3 due to strikes. GSP calls out a super fight with Anderson Silva after the fight.
    It bothers me how accurate this sounds. Wouldnt be surprised if it played out pretty damn close.

I think GSP has better striking...maybe not as powerful but much more diverse and tight striking. Honestly unless Alves lands a bomb (which is possible) i dont see it going any other way than GSP dominating him.

Alphatier is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WARMachine View Post

Lesnar by (T)KO Rd. 1

He will make a mockery of the sport by celebrating in a ridiculous manner, and begin to call out other top HWs in the interview with Rogan. Ive heard online that people are organizing a "Fedor, Fedor, Fedor" chant. In which Lesnar will call out Fedor.

All in all, a good night of fights, possible title shot for Hendo, possible Superfight with GSP vs. AS, and the major possibility of Dana not being able to keep Fedor out any longer.

Definitely worth the 50 bucks guys! Well see how right or wrong i am.
    Great picks war, I like how you went on explaining them in detail.

As far as the statement of Dana not being able to keep Fedor out of the UFC anymore goes, I really hope that it happens.

IMO Fedor would dominate [in] the UFC!!

Fedor will go the UFC and be knocked out by a high kick from Justin McCully! You heard it here first!

Alphatier is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Fedor will go the UFC and be knocked out by a high kick from Justin McCully! You heard it here first!
    And why is that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    No way, Tate Fletcher has Fedor's number.

Taint Fletcher is sick! He will move up in weight and crush the Russian. I also feel like Jorge Gurgel might be the man to beat Fedor and Anderson Silva.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information