yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member

Strikeforce fights where fixed?

I don't know guys that is the strong feeling i had watching this on tv the other night.

King Mo as good as he is took down Musasi so easily, Gerard was much better in all of is other fights, looked like he was not even trying? i know he is leaving strikeforce, and probably will sign with UFC but again ?????

Shields vs Hendo, again ......

Elite XE did it with Kimbo and Seth so........

I am not saying they where fixed but when i rewatch the video it sure does feel like it...

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    I could see your argument for GM, but Shields was just to good for hendo that night. I mean hendo looked like crap compared to his last fight. Shields took Hendos best shots and was able to survive and take control. What else can you say?

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes i agree, i just rewatched the fight Hendo gased out a lot, still Shields is not ready to fight GSP. He would get killed.

Surprising that Hendo showed up without cardio, he looked in great shape tought. I mean you start in a new promo you want to look good and Hendo as always been in great shape.

scotimus is offline Associate Member
    agree with ya yannick, sheilds will get dominated by GSP. agree with you also that the fights looked fixed. mousasi looked terrible,like he wasnt even trying and king mo and his opening act are just crying to get some fans over from WWE or something.

even the whole brawl at the end of the fights thing seemed kinda odd. why was that dude out there asking for a rematch with sheilds like that anyway? no one besides trainers should be in the cage

ocnorb40 is offline New Member
    Many forget that Muhammed Lawal (King Mo) was the top ranked amateur wrestler in the US and always failed during the olympic trials. Never won it all at Okla St. but a top wrestler all the same. I am not surprised Mousasi was taken down so easily given Lawal's background. Another take might be that Mousasi is over-rated and the only real showcase fighter in strikeforce is Fedor.

Dan Henderson was supposedly weighing 205 a couple of days before the weigh-in and had to cut 20 lbs. Combine that with his game plan of a quick knockout and Dan was not ready to go 5 full rounds. I think he under-estimated Shields. The announcers mentioned he walked out of their pre fight interview like he had back pains.

StevePJC is offline Member
    Fixed? No, if that was the case, Shields winning would make no sense. Why fix a fight for someone to win when it's the last on their contract and no new contract is in place? It's like pro wrestling - You don't put a guy over on his way out, you make HIM put someone over when leaving. Good business.

Personally I didn't think Shields had a prayer to beat Henderson but when Henderson just goes in looking for one punch he was doomed to fail - Unless he got a Bisping punch in.

As far as the other fights? Lawal got beat to hell but when he could take down Gegard literally at will, he scores points. I wouldn't be shocked if some fights are fixed but for the most part they don't have NEAR the problems boxing did over the years. Atleast I hope.....

Thread Information