Thread: Ufc 114

kiddo24 is offline Junior Member

Ufc 114

Did everyone enjoy 114? I thought it was one of the best cards for a while.
    I had a feeling the main event would play out the way it would, Rampage was just too rusty would be nice to see them go at it again.
    And what about Duffee getting banged! He looked gased early on!!
    Side note well done to John Hathaway, he's from pretty close to my home town and it's good to see a young brit who can actually graple a bit!!

xibalba is offline New Member
    i didnt exspect duffe to last as long as he did

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I think everyone knew that if Rashad won, it would be the way he did.

I don't know what they will do, but I know Dana likes exciting fights. The amount of hype behind this fight, was well beyond any other UFC fight. Then to have it turn out the way it did.

The only time the crowed ever stood up, was when Page did finally show some aggression and get off on Rashad.

Rashad fighting, and his strategy, will not put asses in seats or sell PPVs.

I'd expect the judging system to be altered eventually from "octagon control" to something along the lines of trying to finish the fight, or attempting to finish the fight.

Rashad landed a solid punch from the start, but was not interested in finishing, he never tried for a sub. The plan from the start was to avoid exchanges at any cost, tie him up on the cage and try to score a take down if possible.

Personally, I'd rather loose in a great exciting fight, than win like that.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    That fat guy knocking Duffy out was the only good part of the nite. My Uncle was watch Nascar yesterday and right there in front of my eyes was Rampage doing an A-team promotion....he's not into it anymore. He would cruch Rashad if he were. Its to bad, but he's been in the game for a long time, grass must look a lot greener on the other side.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    agree with j-dogg, for the most part, for the most part not a real exciting night. rashad/rampage was just plain boring until late in the 3rd. bisping/miller, likewise, nothing exciting. duffee's match was boring until he got knocked out. and not enough jiu-jitsu for my liking overall :-)

kiddo24 is offline Junior Member
    I can see where you guys are coming from, but, let's be honest not all fight's MMA or otherwise end in KO's. The main and co main weren't great, but you can't tell me Hathaway-Sanchex wasn't a great opening fight or that Brilz v Lil Nog wasn't a great contest either?
    And yeah seeing Duffee getting sparked was kinda nice too.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    I enjoyed UFC114, man was it the ppv for upsets, Hathaway i want to see so much more of this guy man he impressed the hell out of me. Duffy getting KOed WOW, at the end of the round like that. Rampage could have won the fight if he just pushed the pace a bit more. Cant wait for the rematch.

If this is what UFC as in stores for the future then bring it one because yeah UFC114 was awsome.

ocnorb40 is offline New Member
    Another lackluster card put on by the UFC. Don't blame Evans for the low key fight, blame Jackson. Evans had a plan and executed the plan, period. Jackson only had 1 idea: counter punch a mistake for a one hit knockout. Jackson was not aggressive and honestly looked slow. Cutting from 250 down to 205 could have had some impact but I don't think his heart is in it anymore. The UFC needs more champions like GSP. You know when GSP fights he is going to push the pace, impose his will upon you, take you down and try and pound you out or submit. The only other champion that seems to always impose his will is Lesner. The UFC will continue to sell PPV and sell out areans because you just never know what will happen. That is the beauty of MMA. That said, these non title fight cards have turned out to be pretty disappointing (the last few title fight cards as well). Thumbs down on this one.

JMO

MC

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah that was a hell of a cut 250 to 205 OUCH but the other fights where very good

Dog-Slime is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    I think everyone knew that if Rashad won, it would be the way he did.

I don't know what they will do, but I know Dana likes exciting fights. The amount of hype behind this fight, was well beyond any other UFC fight. Then to have it turn out the way it did.

The only time the crowed ever stood up, was when Page did finally show some aggression and get off on Rashad.

Rashad fighting, and his strategy, will not put asses in seats or sell PPVs.

I'd expect the judging system to be altered eventually from "octagon control" to something along the lines of trying to finish the fight, or attempting to finish the fight.

Rashad landed a solid punch from the start, but was not interested in finishing, he never tried for a sub. The plan from the start was to avoid exchanges at any cost, tie him up on the cage and try to score a take down if possible.

Personally, I'd rather loose in a great exciting fight, than win like that.

My thoughts exactly. And to look back at all Rashads shit talking about knocking Rampage out just makes me sick. He didn't even wanna attempt to bang with Rampage but who would wanna exchange with a man that punches with the force of a bull's kick when they have a glass jaw?

RonCarlston is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    Yeah that was a hell of a cut 250 to 205 OUCH but the other fights where very good
    i'd like to see some pictures of him at 250 pounds... wonder if a lot of that was fat or if he had bulked way the **** up for that movie role

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roncarlston View Post
    i'd like to see some pictures of him at 250 pounds... Wonder if a lot of that was fat or if he had bulked way the **** up for that movie role
    x2^^^^

Thread Information