xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

UFC 118: Toney vs. Couture

Thoughts?

Man, Toney has been talking a bunch of shit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4Spg2vn-XM

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=xlxBigSexyxlx;5332071]Thoughts?

Man, Toney has been talking a bunch of shit!

Instead of talking shit he better have worked on is take down defense because he is going to need them.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I believe in the first or second UFC they had a boxer that fought with 1 glove .

I guess for those that remember we know how far that went .

Lifeguard102 is offline Associate Member
    Tonney is just cutting a promo and Couturre knows this.
    This has the potential to be the first "fixed " big headling fight in MMA.

zabster151 is offline Member
    yea this fight smells fishy to me also.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zabster151 View Post
    yea this fight smells fishy to me also.
    Oh, no...conspiracy theory guy detects another conspiracy...go figure! LOL!!!

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Haha^

I can hardly understand this monkey looking doofus. He needs to go back to Congo.

Blog Entries
    In a way, I kind of want to see Randy get his head knocked off.
    But I like the guy, so... lol

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Haha^

I can hardly understand this monkey looking doofus. He needs to go back to Congo.
    He's from Michigan. But thanks for your delightful insight...

Anyway, this fight is ridiculous. But Toney always has a punchers chance. Anybody remember Mercer v. Sylvia? And Randy has been knocked out on a couple occasions. And I guarantee Toney hits harder than Liddell.
    Last edited by BgMc31; 08-27-2010 at 04:55 PM.

It was a joke, sorry did I offend you?

It was a joke, sorry did I offend you?
    Nah, I've heard worse on this forum. Hell, I've been called a silverback on a number of occasions. But I don't understand the need to even go there. Toney is an exceptional fighter. Dropping an inappropriate comment that can be offensive to some isn't necessary in such a debate.

If you are of Hawaiian or polynesian descent like your name indicates (I'm married to a Hawaiian girl). I would expect a bit more from you considering some of Polynesia's greatest strength athletes have been called such derogatory names (Ie Joe Onosai, Grant Higa, Junior Seau, Laanui Correa, etc.).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post

Anyway, this fight is ridiculous. But Toney always has a punchers chance. Anybody remember Mercer v. Sylvia? And Randy has been knocked out on a couple occasions. And I guarantee Toney hits harder than Liddell.

I was talking about that fight with some coworkers today. MMA guys always hate on boxers, but every fight starts standing up.

His boxing record is 72-6. The dude is no joke, but Randy is no push over either.

Nah, I've heard worse on this forum. Hell, I've been called a silverback on a number of occasions. But I don't understand the need to even go there. Toney is an exceptional fighter. Dropping an inappropriate comment that can be offensive to some isn't necessary in such a debate.

If you are of Hawaiian or polynesian descent like your name indicates (I'm married to a Hawaiian girl). I would expect a bit more from you considering some of Polynesia's greatest strength athletes have been called such derogatory names (Ie Joe Onosai, Grant Higa, Junior Seau, Laanui Correa, etc.).
    Don't take it to heart bro. Yeah I'm Polynesian, (hawaiian and samoan) and I've dated 2 black girls and I've got plenty of brown blood in me. So if anyone out there thinks I was poking at his ethnicity, that wasn't the case. His lack of proper grammar and the way he goes about articulating his words trying to look cool got me going

Personally I didn't like the way he talked about MMA. He reminded me of Mayweather when he dissed on MMA live a while ago. It's pretty annoying to see these outstanding boxers think they can come to the Octagon and completely dominate without having zero prior experience with take down defense and ground tactics. It's actually funny in a way as well. Too bad he's fighting a man that's years passed his prime. I don't doubt at all this man is a good fighter, but he should be fighting someone that isn't washed up.

I'm actually shocked your married to a Hawaiian girl. I don't see or hear about Hawaiian's or Polynesians in general that much on forum boards. Good job brah.

Blog Entries
    Don't take it to heart bro. Yeah I'm Polynesian, (hawaiian and samoan) and I've dated 2 black girls and I've got plenty of brown blood in me. So if anyone out there thinks I was poking at his ethnicity, that wasn't the case. His lack of proper grammar and the way he goes about articulating his words trying to look cool got me going

Personally I didn't like the way he talked about MMA. He reminded me of Mayweather when he dissed on MMA live a while ago. It's pretty annoying to see these outstanding boxers think they can come to the Octagon and completely dominate without having zero prior experience with take down defense and ground tactics. It's actually funny in a way as well. Too bad he's fighting a man that's years passed his prime. I don't doubt at all this man is a good fighter, but he should be fighting someone that isn't washed up.

I'm actually shocked your married to a Hawaiian girl. I don't see or hear about Hawaiian's or Polynesians in general that much on forum boards. Good job brah.

In the interview I think he went up to Brock's picture and was like, " I want him right there!"

hahaha

I saw that lol. Personally I would rather watch him fight Lesnar then Randy.

Yeah, brotha, I figured since I have zero calve development, I'd marry a poly girl since all yall have massive calves. And as a result, I have 3 hapa popolo kids (daughter, 2 sons). And both my sons have all the great physical attributes you'd expect from someone with those genetics (think Dwayne Johnson, lol).

But no offense taken, brotha. Its just that equating a black man to a monkey seems all to common nowadays.

Bigsexy...I'm a huge Randy fan and I think he'll win, just as long as Toney doesn't land something big early. 72-6 is very impressive especially considering who he's fought throughout his career.

Too bad I got my haole dad's genes when it comes to calve development :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_coRC-40D8 Let's bring up the hype a bit..

I firmly believe this is Randy's without a doubt. Toney's MMA training will get him no where before August 27th. He's training partners were sandbagging the whole time and letting him get off white belt level sweeps. I can see Randy closing the gap instantly, going for a quick take down, and ground n' pound/submission for the win. Toney could have this on lock if he got one solid connect, although I just don't see it happening with Randy's 14 year octagon experience.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    If it stays standing tony if it goes to the groung randy. Its that simple it will come down to tonys takedown def. How about tony looking really out of shape at the weigh ins. What happend to all that hard work he was supposed to be doing.

Blog Entries
    went exactly like I thought.

Took him to the ground and done.

Good job Randy.

DavidII is offline New Member
    I didn't understand a word James said. lol.

zabster151 is offline Member
    ok now lets see them box.

Quote Originally Posted by zabster151 View Post
    ok now lets see them box.
    Agreed!!! LOL!!!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Toney is and was one of my favorite boxers.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Ruutu#15 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidII View Post
    I didn't understand a word James said. lol.
    Same here! Maybe a good example which one causes more brain damages.

UFC or Boxing

I really enjoyed every punch what Randy gave it to him

graeme87 is offline Member
    Toney is a joke, 237lbs is 20lbs more he has ever been in a fight. He didn't take the fight seriously at all he's just in it for the money because he's washed up.

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Wtf is in tony's mouth. Cant understand him.

70+ professional fights and over 200 amatuer bouts. That's the toll it takes on boxers. Repeated shots to the face over all those years. Not very many fighters with as many fights as Tony don't speak well.

crete is offline Banned
    James Toney took a pounding like he was supposed to. It would be the same had coture fought Toney in a boxing match...... couture would have been knocked out.

Callsign is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crete View Post
    James Toney took a pounding like he was supposed to. It would be the same had coture fought Toney in a boxing match...... couture would have been knocked out.
    That's the beauty of MMA, Tony thought his one dimensional boxing back ground coupled with basic takedown defense was all he needed. Randy in a boxing match would be restricting him & prove nothing, but Toney in an MMA match proved fighting is three dimensional...
    My2cents

Ruutu#15 is offline New Member
    70+ professional fights and over 200 amatuer bouts. That's the toll it takes on boxers. Repeated shots to the face over all those years. Not very many fighters with as many fights as Tony don't speak well.
    Yeah, you are right. So much more hits on the face during 1 boxing match then MMA match and so many more matches on a boxers career than MMA fighters.

Many people thinks that MMA is so dangerous and brutal sport if they see one or few brutal knockouts, but usually getting hit repeadly is the thing what causes the worst damage.

Thread Information