Thread: BJ Penn

Callsign is offline Associate Member

BJ Penn

Is it just me, or did BJ look like he had other sh!t to do that night? Usually he looks possesed n ready to go, sticking his tounge out his mouth like a lizzard, but for 118 he was just standing there looking uninterested.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    I think this was because he knew what happend the first time he meet up with franky. Deep down he felt that he was not gana be able to win so the fight was already over at that point.

CFforged is offline Junior Member
    Even in the pre-fight interviews he just looked already defeated. That was not the BJ I'm used to seeing.

Hopefully he can bounce back he really is a great fighter.

Yeah, who knows wat goes on in BJ's head, but he definately didnt seem there that night, & no taking away from Edgar, hes a tall order for anybody. I hope BJ can rebound though, cause he's fighting Matt Hughes again next, in November I think. If it was up to me, I'd let Matt fight Nate Diaz & play up the whole Hughes vs Gracie thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign View Post
    If it was up to me, I'd let Matt fight Nate Diaz & play up the whole Hughes vs Gracie thing.
    Hughes has owned every Gracie disciple he's fought, I have high hopes for Nate though. The Diaz brothers are awesome.

Where did you hear Penn is fighting Hughes though? Last I heard a bout with Guida was the rumor.

Yeah, i just checked it again. Got an email today. Its gonna b UFC 123 in Detroit, on the Rampage vs Machida under card. Who u guys got for that one?

I can't ever root against Rampage. When he still used to train here in Orange County I had the chance to work out with him a couple times. Nicest, and funniest, guy you ever met.

So i take it that means bj will be going back up to 170lb interesting.

Yeah, Rampage is a character.. musta been cool w/o with him. Its hard to choose between him n Machida, kinda depends on which Rampage shows up. Even the best Rampage could b in trouble. I'm hoping Rampage, betting Machida though, but wont be putting any money on that one!

Yah i belive rampage will win machida only because machida seems to have trouble with fighters that are aggressive and keep comming forward for example shogun. Rampage is allways aggresive and keeps comming forward. So i go rampage on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulllock View Post
    Yah i belive rampage will win machida only because machida seems to have trouble with fighters that are aggressive and keep comming forward for example shogun. Rampage is allways aggresive and keeps comming forward. So i go rampage on this one.
    ^^ This

Plus it seems like when a guy gets knocked out like Machida did for the first time he becomes more susceptable to it. And Rampage's style is perfect for going up against Machida. But you do have a point when you said it depends which Rampage shows up...
    Last edited by CFforged; 09-16-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: typo

Cant wait to see how this one plays out.

Hopefully Rampage pulls out the win and then we get an awesome title fight between him and either Shogun or Rashad. Though I'm hoping Shogun kicks Rashad's head right off his shoulders. Can't stand that guy....

IDK guys.. We'll see, but I dobt think Machida has a prpblem with aggressive fighters (Sokudue, Tiago, BJ, etc).. Infact, he hasnt ever had any trouble with any fighter except Shogun.. Lets hope Rampage the F'n Beast shows up that night;-)

Big red one is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callsign View Post
    Yeah, i just checked it again. Got an email today. Its gonna b UFC 123 in Detroit, on the Rampage vs Machida under card. Who u guys got for that one?
    Machida by decision
    Rampage seems unmotivated and broken

Thread Information