Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    icepick27 is offline Member

fedor exsposed!!!!

its about time fedor fought a 'GOOD FIGHTER" (NOT GREAT) And looked what happened.to be toatly honest iam not going to sit here and say i told you so because i thought fedor was going to take him out in less the 90 seconds,i was also shocked,on how he lost .the last 10 guys fedor fought were bums .and lets be clear on somthing werdoom is not better then ,lesnar,carwin,cain,or dosontos.if you dopes still think he is top 10 p4p your nutz! im my opinion he just makes the top 10 in heavyweights.and if he went to the ufc he would have a hard time winning in the light heavyweight division.he cant even clean out strikeforce ! even if he won tonight he wouldnt get past the reem!

Biohazard74 is offline Associate Member
    I dont think he got exposed. I think he got over commited and cocky and fell into that hold. Even when he got out once his cockyness made him fall for it again. Which amazed me because when you get to that level like Fedor was you are not suppose to fall for those stupid traps. The only thing that was exposed was that he was too stupid on this night and beat himself. Especially against a guy that is a GREAT Jiu Jitsu fighter. He fell for the easiest trap a fighter like that can hope for.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    exposed? he didn't fight a smart fight tonight and he lost.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont see how he got exposed.
    Like the rest said he fought a s stupid fight and lost.

He was too eager and didnt pay much respect to the opponents ground game specially when he got caught once in the triangle and got out.

He was just too keen to finish it, I think he needed to be a little be bit more patient and the fight was all his..

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Exposed? Its obvious he got over confident and too agressive. Your exposed. Hater.

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by icepick27 View Post
    its about time fedor fought a 'GOOD FIGHTER" (NOT GREAT)
    because none of these are "GOOD FIGHTERS" right?

Andrei Arlovski
    Tim Sylvia
    Mark Coleman
    Mirko Cro-Cop Filipović
    Tsuyoshi Kohsaka
    Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Renato Sobral...

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    EVERYONE LOSES!!!! it does not alter the fact that he is still one of the greats... we can all jump on liddells back and say "he was awesome" and "one of the all time great hall of famers".... but Fedor cant lose one fight in his last... 40 some fights? AS lost to Chonan in a "got too cocky" mental block but we all still want a drop of his nut juice...

Im not making excuses, Im not pro or negative Fedor, but Its the fight game, someone loses!!!

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Man don't mean to flame you or anything but how can you say that the best MMA fighter on the planet undefeated for nearly 10 years was exposed?

Fedor as beaten the best, he made a very bad choice not going to UFC and i guess he got lazy or something. He made a mistake, is contract is up with strikeforce and lets see where he goes from here.

For me its just a minor set back for him, he just as to decided what he wants to do with is career, now if he stays with strikeforce i am sure they will put up a rematch againt Werdum or he will have to fight Overeem.

I am not sure if he will be able to beat Overeem, this guy as gotten so much better in the past few years.

I lost faith into Fedor as most of us did when he refused to go to UFC and fight the best. Now everthing is up in the air again with a contract ending with both M1 and Strikeforce, and sure that with is lost last night Dana White might not really be interested in him anymore..........

Such drama in the world of MMA, check out if Vince from WWE doesn't start is own MMA company and fail like he did with IBF and XFL.

jbran23 is offline Senior Member
    He got caught, it happens. I would hardly say exposed.

If anything maybe this will light a fire under his ass and he will start fighting more often to prove it was a fluke. Still would love to see him go to the UFC.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Fedor is a chump.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post

Andrei Arlovski
    Tim Sylvia
    Mark Coleman
    Mirko Cro-Cop Filipović
    Tsuyoshi Kohsaka
    Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Renato Sobral...

Not to start a dick measuring contest, but those are not top level fighters in today's MMA if you ask me.

While Fedor is a great fighter, I feel this one loss does some what expose him.

Just the mental aspect of it. He's been beaten....

Wandy use to beat people just by intimidation and the fact that he had not lost in 5 years.

I honestly feel Fedors loss is over due. He's beat some decent fighters in recent times, but he's not beating top tier guys.

The next few months should be interesting to see who they match werdum/overeem/fedor up against. But I see Overeem beating either of them.

Blog Entries
    Fedor is an overrated coward.

Blog Entries
    I could beat Fedor.... blindfolded.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    http://www.mmalinker.com/videos/view...abricio_Werdum

Horrible. Ferdum always falls when he gets hits, no matter how hard.Baitted him in and Fedor fell for it. You can tell Fedor doesnt fight much , probably didnt train much, they should have known Werdum has a hard ass head, did he think he would finish him with little hammer punches??. He should have never gone down to the mat that early in the fight. Congrats Werdum, nice triangle.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by icepick27 View Post
    its about time fedor fought a 'GOOD FIGHTER" (NOT GREAT) And looked what happened.to be toatly honest iam not going to sit here and say i told you so because i thought fedor was going to take him out in less the 90 seconds,i was also shocked,on how he lost .the last 10 guys fedor fought were bums .and lets be clear on somthing werdoom is not better then ,lesnar,carwin,cain,or dosontos.if you dopes still think he is top 10 p4p your nutz! im my opinion he just makes the top 10 in heavyweights.and if he went to the ufc he would have a hard time winning in the light heavyweight division.he cant even clean out strikeforce ! even if he won tonight he wouldnt get past the reem!
    Exposed? LOL. You must really hate Fedor. Fedor made a mistake by getting over confident and rushing. He is human, and eventually everyone makes a mistake. He even had a chance and got out form Werdum once, but decided to try to GNP again which made no sense since neither were sweaty, and a submission would be easier to get a hold of.

Fedor looked scary fast on his feet and with his hands before he decided to take it to the ground. Werdum looked like a dear in headlights, and in slow motion compared to Fedor. That fight was really wierd, and Fedor seemed to be in a rush fo who knows what reason. Its like he had the urge to take a shit after he touched gloves. I think I figured out why he was in a rush.

Im sorry OP, but you are just one of those guys who have been waiting for the inevitable to happen just so you could say I told you so. It doesnt work like that in MMA. Everyone makes mistakes and or gets caught eventually. Get over yourself. I think people should be asking this question. Why would a smart fighter like Fedor take the fight to the ground where Werdum was of equal or superior skill when his stand up was head and shoulders above Werdum? Not to mention he did it early on before either guy was sweaty. The only thing I can think is that he thought he hurt Werdum worst than he did, was wrong, and then went for the kill.

Was Anderson Silva exposed to?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=267i7rKeECA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL_5OFwh_Ds

See what I mean? Be rational man.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaGenetics View Post
    Exposed? Its obvious he got over confident and too agressive. Your exposed. Hater.
    Yeah, it is pretty obvious he is trying to troll. Im sure it is going on everywhere right now. Makes me sad to see so called fans of the sport act like this to such a humble fighter who is so much fun to watch win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY View Post
    Yeah, it is pretty obvious he is trying to troll. Im sure it is going on everywhere right now. Makes me sad to see so called fans of the sport act like this to such a humble fighter who is so much fun to watch win or lose.
    I think the haters must have a reason for hating. Their wives probably have Fedor posters up in their walls. I understand why he diddnt go to the ufc, this is his business, if anyone had a chance to make more money doing one job over the other I think the choice would be easy. Plus who wants to work for Dana White? Not very many people have nice things to say about him. With that being said I still want to see him go to the ufc.

Blog Entries
    Fedor's next fight... on the streets vs Kimbo!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Anyone have a link to the fight?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Anyone have a link to the fight?
    http://www.mmafightscoop.com/2010/06...defeats-fedor/

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Thanks^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Fedor's next fight... on the streets vs Kimbo!
    C'mon man, dont put Fedor in the same sentence with Kimbo. Thats a little ridiculous.

Where does all the animosity towards Fedor come from with you guys? He's not cocky, he doesnt talk shit, hes not a jerk. I guess I dont get why people hate on him like they do.

pumpingiron8079 is offline Junior Member
    He got caught in a triangle by one of the best ju jitsu players in the world, he wont make the same mistake in the rematch thinking that he cant get subbed.

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg View Post
    Not to start a dick measuring contest, but those are not top level fighters in today's MMA if you ask me.

While Fedor is a great fighter, I feel this one loss does some what expose him.

Just the mental aspect of it. He's been beaten....

Wandy use to beat people just by intimidation and the fact that he had not lost in 5 years.

I honestly feel Fedors loss is over due. He's beat some decent fighters in recent times, but he's not beating top tier guys.

The next few months should be interesting to see who they match werdum/overeem/fedor up against. But I see Overeem beating either of them.
    although I agree with you in many ways, I feel it's important to note how much fighting has evolved. the OP seemed to be indicating that he felt Fedor had never had a fight with a good fighter. although the guys on my list might not stand up against today's best, it's certainly not fair to say that in their prime and in their day they were not good fighters. I feel one of the reasons today's fighters are so good is because they were able to learn from both the strengths and weaknesses of the greats of years gone by. I feel that some of the guys on my list were in a way pioneers of today's MMA and as a result the fighters have gotten better and better. I'm willing to bet the sport continues to evolve, and chances are the best fighters 20 years from now will be better than the champs of today. that won't mean today's champs aren't good fighters.
    The 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO was an amazing car, and aspects of it's then state of the art development helped forge the supercars of today. to put it on a track against a Ferrari Enzo, watch it get stomped, then conclude that it's about time it raced a "good" car wouldn't seem fair.
    Do I think Fedor can stand up against today's best fighters? Not at all. But I do think he deserves respect for his accomplishments, and I don't understand why so many people are so quick to try to undermine his achievements and act like he didn't earn his place in MMA history. Fedor has always seemed humble in victory and defeat, and personally regardless of how he stands up against today's best, I think he's a class act.

ironhead2000 is offline Big mouthed idiot = Banned

List of has beens!

Andrei Arlovski
    Tim Sylvia
    Mark Coleman
    Mirko Cro-Cop Filipović
    Tsuyoshi Kohsaka
    Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Renato Sobral...
    How many of these fighters are legitamat ufc contenders? NONE OF THEM!!!

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhead2000 View Post
    sorry if I used too many big words in post 24, but I'm betting some of our members understand my point.

Quote Originally Posted by ironhead2000 View Post
    When Fedor beat them they were top contenders. Im sure you were still suckling on your moms breast at that time.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Thanx, I had no idea Fedor came in that sloppy looking. wtf!?!?! he looked like he lost 20lbs of muscle which made the flab look so much worse than usual.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    although I agree with you in many ways, I feel it's important to note how much fighting has evolved. the OP seemed to be indicating that he felt Fedor had never had a fight with a good fighter. although the guys on my list might not stand up against today's best, it's certainly not fair to say that in their prime and in their day they were not good fighters. I feel one of the reasons today's fighters are so good is because they were able to learn from both the strengths and weaknesses of the greats of years gone by. I feel that some of the guys on my list were in a way pioneers of today's MMA and as a result the fighters have gotten better and better. I'm willing to bet the sport continues to evolve, and chances are the best fighters 20 years from now will be better than the champs of today. that won't mean today's champs aren't good fighters.
    The 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO was an amazing car, and aspects of it's then state of the art development helped forge the supercars of today. to put it on a track against a Ferrari Enzo, watch it get stomped, then conclude that it's about time it raced a "good" car wouldn't seem fair.
    Do I think Fedor can stand up against today's best fighters? Not at all. But I do think he deserves respect for his accomplishments, and I don't understand why so many people are so quick to try to undermine his achievements and act like he didn't earn his place in MMA history. Fedor has always seemed humble in victory and defeat, and personally regardless of how he stands up against today's best, I think he's a class act.
    Agree'd, I can't really argue with sound logic.

I don't think his past 2-3 fights really proved he was still the best in the world, but he's certainly a class act and the most dominate fighter in MMA history.

He lost?

Andrei Arlovski
    Tim Sylvia
    Mark Coleman
    Mirko Cro-Cop Filipović
    Tsuyoshi Kohsaka
    Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Renato Sobral...
    Yes .none of these fighter even in the pirmes career.would be as good as they were back then .every guy that came to the ufc ,got smashed . And now your going tpo say they were old right? Cro cop just got done winning the grand prix right before he came to the ufc .

toothache is offline Senior Member
    Awesome...thanks for that!

Exsposed ,was a poor word ,I was just breakin balls .what I meant was fedor finally fought a b level fighter (yea B level) and lost .you guys talk about the "ufc hype machine" but fail to mention fedor has been over hyped and over rated for hi last 10 fights and fought bums for his last 10 fight so who cares how or when he finshed them.fedor was a productt of his time ,he was the best fighter p4p during the pride era.but that's exactly it "was" .after inactiveity and fighting once or twice a year if that ,and fighting bums to go with that how could he still keep that crown? Its not even that fedor lost a step or 2 its just the game and the level of compitition has changed so much.fedor iin my opinion is not even in the top 5 with the heavyweights and would have a hard time at light heavyweight divison

$50 says Fedor destroys him in a rematch.

I also thought fedor was going to win against werdoom and if they fought 100 times I think fedor would win 99 of them ,so iam not going to sit here and say told ya so .but I did think he would loose to reem

supermanfw is offline Associate Member
    he wasnt exposed he made a stupid mistake ...any way who said werdum isnt a great fighter i believe he was suppose to get a title shot after dos santos but dos santos caught him so why put down werdum????????????

ocnorb40 is offline New Member
    Fedor was fighting 2 battles:

1. everyone around him telling him how great he is and him buying into it
    2. he became satisfied, IMO, with his situation

I think when you take a championship in anything and you look back the hardest part never seems to be the journey to the championship but rather staying on top. I think to be the best in the world and stay the best you always have to stay dissatisfied. You have to constantly find flaws in your game and be on an endless quest for perfection while realizing you will never get there. I think Fedor climbed to the top and finally believed he could not be beat.

From his post fight comments, as weird as it seems, it almost seemed like he was relieved the streak was over. "One must fall to learn how to stand" was his post fight quote. I still think he is an extremely dangerous heavyweight and could be any one of the current contenders on any given night. That is the beauty of MMA, anyone can win with a punch, kick, or an advantageous counter to a mistake.

Now we find out if Fedor is finally ready to buckle down and, like in Rocky 3, get back to real training with high level sparing partners and a variety of coaching experts. I think a motivated Fedor is a pretty dangerous proposition.

What do you make of his final comment: I will travel to America to fight 1 more time?

Peace

MC

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    he just got caught - happens to everyone - I liked his " You can't get up without falling " statement at the end

Fedor is over rated, but thats not the points, Wendrum wasnt the better fighter he just got lucky, it could happen to any one, one fighter gets complacent and he gets caught in a daft choke, doesnt mean he's a good fighter, wendrum was jumping around like he just kicked fedors arse, he just got lucky in the middle of getting pounded.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry if I used too many big words in post 24, but I'm betting some of our members understand my point.
    I understand
    haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information