Explosivetraining is offline New Member

Looking to make a comeback

Hey guys im a new member here. Tore my ACL, MCL, and meniscus in my right knee. It took me almost 2 years walk right after the surgery and while i have completely gotten my strength and balance back Ive never been able to regain my explosion. Was a decent wrestler out of highschool but got a sponsorship for boarding then blew out my knee in training. Been getting back into grappling and want to make a comeback.

For the most part I have recovered but I just dont have the explosion nor the aggression I used to have. Been training pretty hard the last year but nothing seems to work. Looking to use some juice to get back in the game. Not looking to gain weight as I put it on very easily. lost about 10 inches on my vert that doesnt seem to be coming back. Also, while I eat about 5 times a day or the most part healthy Im not a huge eater nor can I drink a lot of protein as it makes me slow and lethargic.

Any advice to a total novice?? Which type of roids should i look into?? any help and/or advice would be appriciated

grappler11 is offline New Member
    Someone will help you out if you post your goals, age , height , weight , training history ect. in the questions forum. Also I have been reading the steroid profiles section and learned quite a bit.

What type of grappling are you doing?

Explosivetraining is offline New Member
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Only trained 3 months before I got my blue belt. Im 23 5'9 and 175lbs and 15% body fat(recently lost 10lbs). I wrestled my sophomore year in HS and took league then my junior year and qualified for masters. Senior year I switched to snowboarding and a year later I placed in an amateur competition and got a minor sponsorship. June of 2007 i had a 3rd of my patella tendon with bone screwed in place of my ACL which was totally shredded, as well as stitches to hold my meniscus. Through a series of unfortunate accidents following my surgery I re-strained my MCL resulting in almost 2 years of recovery. Post recovery I trained in BJJ and quickly progressed due to my wrestling base.

I would say my goals would be to get that explosion back in my shot and regain my aggression and confidence that has totally been lost as result of injury. Also, as a kid I was a decent jumper and had a solid 38 inch vert although i could never dunk due to my small hands. As of now I train plyo drills (box jumps, lots of pistol squats and variations) and i would be lucky if my vert was 30 inches.
    Last edited by Explosivetraining; 02-03-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Man I hate rolling with wresters. Sounds like you may get your black belt faster than BJ Penn!

Floydian is offline Banned
    bj penn is the best man ! he so naive but dangerous

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good luck my friend injuries suck i have been dealing with back pain for 10 years now. I also plan to start a type of martial art before i die, will be 39 this summer. For the steroid part i will let the expert here answer that question. I recently got a testosterone and full blood check and everything is fine so for me right now no need to get in the gear.

Navy-boi-kai is offline Associate Member
    Heya bro in military I teach classes also krav maga instructor acutally isreali krav. Do taekwondo and jujistsu as well 4 days a week...you never forget the noted skill u just aged and ur.body just has get used to it....now if u training to be a.wrestler or do jujitsu u have to trian like that meaning power or strength isn't part of it....u must train stamina and endurance....along with ur drills you should breqk ur lifting habits with the randomness day to day or what ever u feel like do excercisrs that make u explosive. Hang cleans speed bench jump squats...Turkish get ups...dead lifts squats rows....power cleans heavy days and light day every week...runnnnnnnnn runnn big thing doing clapping lichen UPS is a great excersise medicine balls throws train like a fighter

The Rock! is offline Junior Member
    Hey bro!

I know how ya feel. I'm off for a year due to an illness and it sucks. Make sure to keep working the heavy bad and definitely keep rolling. Your body will adapt to your injuries and you'll be surprised at what new things you'll learn. When you become more advance in your BJJ, your coach may have you start from dangerous positions that expose your weakness, just so that you can surpass it. I hate when guys take my back, so now, I always start from there. My game improved dramatically.

Put boots to asses, you can do it.

Thread Information