Thread: to the top

daddy36 is offline Junior Member

to the top

really looking for a good weight room workout to incorporate with mma training and college wrestling... Don't wanna over train or have just strong muscles want strong muscles with endurance in them... Anyone with knowledge on a good routine please help. Id like an 8-12 week lifting program.

groundfighter1 is offline Junior Member
    try adding or doing crossfit

i do a lot of cross fit, but im torn on traditional lifting with mma... Im a gym rat by heart so was looking for a conventional weight lifting program i could do 2-3 times a week that would go well with my training

i do (when competing) 3 days traditional lifting... although all mid to high rep. (15 to 25) and usually 2 days crossfit. But i'm old so I don't recover as well as the young guys do. Well...... old as in 36 which is old in any combat sport...

I also rotate to the system listed below after 12 weeks or so of the above workout.

Also, check out Infinite Intensity by Ross Enamait. Good combination of both strength and endurance. If your not sure about it, YouTube Ross Enamait and you'll see what I mean! He also wrote Full Throttle Conditioning, another great source.

what do your lifting and cross fit routines consist off? If like mine its all traditional stuff that i grew up loving to do... I just dont wanna be weight room strong, i wanna be strong in the weight room but with muscular endurance

I do very little traditional lifts. A few to keep good balance, but most lifts are far from traditional. Everyone at my gym prolly thinks i'm nuts... they all stare when i'm doing crazy stuff while working out!

The crossfit stuff I just take from the W.O.D. on their website.
    I also get alot of stuff from the book I listed.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    its a great idea to mix it up.during season we cut down on the weights. if you are a college wrestler you definetely want to keep the heavy weight lifting to a minimum during season . dont want to be extremly tight and non limber.

Thread Information