nevergiveup is offline Junior Member

UFC 129 who are you betting on!?

Hey anyone interested in the up comming UFC. I am looking forward to Couture and Machida, and of course the GSP and Sheilds fight. I personally have never seen Sheilds fight yet so its a hard call for me.

Myalansky is offline Junior Member
    Shields is very good but I'd go with GSp, he's better in general except submissions from top, arguably.

Couture-Machida, I'd go with Machida this time.

supersetman is offline Associate Member
    Shields is very good, but GSP is all time great. Gotta go with GSP.

tballz is offline Senior Member
    I'm going with GSP but this will be a very good fight.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    It will be an easy fight for gsp if it stays standing. If it goes to the floor who knows what can happen there. Shilds is a very good grappler but is stand up sucks ass.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    GSP...but I'm biased.........

A gentleman...classy......well respected......makes us Canadians proud!

markiejw is offline Junior Member
    Yea, I'm going with GSP as well. Great fighter.

bruary17 is offline Member
    GSP all the way. Only prob is his fights are lack luster. They rarely carry any kind of excitement factor.

Can't wait to see how couture does against machida...as much as I love Randy, can't see him doing to well..his age has to be catching up w him.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Although I'm going for GSP, Jake Shields is +325 right now, so a $10 bet can net you a pretty good return.

(yes I live in Vegas)

I wonder how their training compares, Sheilds is in a great fight camp however, GSP has some cracy workouts & training camps not to mention he is a beast!

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    shields is a better bjj practitioner/gsp is better at every other aspect of mma. its going to be a good one. dont count shields out,hes tough.

Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    GSP all the way. Only prob is his fights are lack luster. They rarely carry any kind of excitement factor.

Can't wait to see how couture does against machida...as much as I love Randy, can't see him doing to well..his age has to be catching up w him.
    Because no fighters were idiots enough to get in close enough. They knew...once he had them down....they were done!

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    If this were a catch weight I would consider Sheilds more of a threat. If you seen him fight at his proper weight of 185, he was already in the 7-8% bf range and tough as nails, very skilled on the ground. He was forced to drop a lot of muscle for this fight so that will no doubt hinder his ability to handle an opponent like GSP on the ground.

As for the Machida vs couture fight, hard call... if Machida goes back to his elusive ways, the moment Randy steps in for the clinch for some dirty boxing, Machida will kncok him down much like what liddell did. Randy is far more effective when he fights as heavyweight in the 220-225 range where the added weight allows him to take those shots while trying to get close enough to clinch

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    If Shields learned how to cut is weight down the right way he is going to be a major treat for GSP, but if he shows up looking as weak as he did in the Kampman fight its going to be a walk in the parc for GSP.

Shields is very dangerous with is subs.

Hope Lyoto loses again i cannot stand that shotokan fighting crap anymore.

The prime time shows on spike are interesting, great to see an inside view of how the worlds top mma fighters train. its inspiring to say the least, I am 30 and reinveting myself as a person and a martial artist. I am going to be in the best shape of my life and keep it that way. I joined a gracie bjj school which implements a lot of this type of training and I can tell you its hard to life weights after doing an hour of wrestling and what not. These guys are training 8 hours a day and something GSP said is formula 1 cars dont use bad fuel when they race, and I can't eat what everyone else eats if I am going to be at the top. Smart guy and world class athlete.

kbarnes113 is offline Female Member
    GSP!!!!! He gets better every time he competes. And I am undecided with Couture and Machida.

Did anyone see what GSP is doing now in his training, he is now doing gymnastics. He looks for any weakness and tries to fix it.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergiveup View Post
    The prime time shows on spike are interesting, great to see an inside view of how the worlds top mma fighters train. its inspiring to say the least, I am 30 and reinveting myself as a person and a martial artist. I am going to be in the best shape of my life and keep it that way. I joined a gracie bjj school which implements a lot of this type of training and I can tell you its hard to life weights after doing an hour of wrestling and what not. These guys are training 8 hours a day and something GSP said is formula 1 cars dont use bad fuel when they race, and I can't eat what everyone else eats if I am going to be at the top. Smart guy and world class athlete.
    My sport doctor treated GSP for is groin injury what you are saying is right on the money, they have special trainers, and also have nutritionist. I am glad that my sport doctor clinic is getting all theses services this year at the clinic, blood testing and even food science. There will be 4 nutritioniste at the clinic, one of them does nutritional program for bodybuilder, 2 women one of them is an ironman tri athlete and the other one is a marathon runner, and the fourth one is my sport doctor daughter who as a degree in sport nutrition. In June i will get a consultation. I am older at 39

ConnorMacLeod is offline Junior Member
    129 will be good. jake sheilds is alot better than alot of people think by far gsps hardest fight. also jose aldo is awesome not many people know about him but wait until you see this kid fight.

Keanu Reeves is offline Junior Member
    GSP all the way babbyyy!

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I think Shields has a shot...that is unless the "classy...well respected" GSP decides to greese himself up like he did the last time he was up against an elite bjj practitioner

rolli12 is offline New Member
    he play classical and that is why he have more chances than the Pierre.

AbusedYam is offline Junior Member
    Rory made me some cash, everyone here was thinking diaz was going to clown him

Thread Information