Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb Vegetarianism all the rage in MMA

toothache is offline Senior Member
    Interesting........

dips is offline Junior Member
    makes me think. ive went vegetarian before, for a fast, and i will admit i felt pretty dang good once i got passed the mental struggle.

Fetch is offline Member
    They listed 5 fighters across two promotions. None of the fighters have won a championshp in the UFC. I'm not sure of the exact statistics, but 5 fighters out of the entire rosters of both the UFC and Strikeforce doesn't seem like too many, assuming they didn't leave anyone out.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Fitch admitted to not being as strong in the Penn fight as he was in previous fights. HIs cardio was never an issue when he wasen't veggo.

Hard to say how this will affect MMA fighters.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    From reading the article it sounds like they really did not know much about nutrition and were eating way too much meat feeling that meat is power and neglecting the fact that carbs are energy. I would be willing to bet some of these guys used to eat a normal meal with steak before a fight instead of starting a carbo loading regimen the day before and fine tuning carb protein intake. While its true that you can get protein without meats its also true you can achieve orgasm without a women....myself I will continue to incorporate meat in my diet and women in my sexlife...

islyk123 is offline New Member
    5 fighters is a pretty good amount considering how few male vegetarians there are overall in our country.

Where health is concerned its obvious its not about where your food comes from it is about what it is made out of; nutrition can come from animals or plants. I doubt it really directly effects abilities in MMA though, just a random trend.

But it doesn't hurt. More and more studies are coming out showing benefits of plant diets that aren't related to bodybuilding, mostly it helps with heart conditions and clogged arteries (leading cause of death in US). And its very good for the environment and lets you avoid cruelty to animals.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    The body is not made of grains, fruits and veggies, we need to eat meat, lots of it, protein amino acids and more. I got a new sport doctor that changed my diet to a high fat, high protein diet low carb, i feel great, my prolotherapy treatments are beyond amazing, and i overcame my anemia that i had for 12 years or more while i cut out meat from my diet. My sport doctor told me that vegetariens that go see him are all anemic from the lack of iron in there diet, they are all weak and they have low test levels. All of this can be corrected by eating meat, and saturated fats without the carbs.

groundfighter1 is offline Junior Member
    I'm a member of PETA
    People Eating Tasty Animals
    Hoooraaay Meat

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by groundfighter1 View Post
    I'm a member of PETA
    People Eating Tasty Animals
    Hoooraaay Meat

nevergiveup is offline Junior Member
    I think everything works in moderation. I like the paleo way of eating.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes paleo was proven scientifically to be one of the best ways of eating, human body is made of water, fat and protein. We don't need carbs to live.

clemont51 is offline Banned
    Many years back some of us in endurance sports tried the "Eskimo diet". Totally protein and fat.
    After a couple of weeks running a mile became very difficult. Fad did not last long. Mo's sit on
    their fat asses looking a hole in the ice.

Fetch is offline Member
    If God hadn't meant for us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat.

nevergiveup is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    If God hadn't meant for us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat.
    RIght on

MastaMan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    Yes paleo was proven scientifically to be one of the best ways of eating, human body is made of water, fat and protein. We don't need carbs to live.
    The paleo diet includes plenty of carbs in the form of roots, vegetables, and fruits.

The paleo diet includes plenty of carbs in the form of roots, vegetables, and fruits.

The paleo diet includes plenty of carbs in the form of roots, vegetables, and fruits. Humans have been eating carbs for thousands of years, just not in the forms they are today. Grains, legumes, and any refined food product are what cause trouble.

Oops sorry about that bad internet

Floydian is offline Banned
    wow but sorry

Floydian is offline Banned
    I think moderation is the best policy meat good vege good

Thread Information