Thread: Gsp vs Diaz

Hunter is offline Grateful

Gsp vs Diaz

Honestly I think this will be the fight of the year. Diaz has slick stand up as well as a slick guard. He isn't going to "gas out" or get hurt standing. I think a lot of the tuf crowd will discount diaz but any true fan of mma, knows this will be a great fight.

This is how I see it.

Cardio even with maybe a slight edge to diaz
    Strength gsp
    Striking, edge to nick
    Bjj edge to nick
    Wrestling gsp by far
    strength gsp

I do see gsp winning but it would be a easy win nor will he be able to lay and pray for 5 rounds.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Idk its hard to say. I am more of a fan of diaz but gsp is pretty fukin gangster... Diaz has amazing cardio....and hes a self proclaimed pothead haha go figure

bruary17 is offline Member
    Love GSP and what he stands for, Diaz is a punk and I hope he does not represent the belt.

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    Love GSP and what he stands for, Diaz is a punk and I hope he does not represent the belt.
    Agreed.

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    Love GSP, but he needs a good performance, would love to see him get a knockout or submission.

The last legitimate WW gsp finished was hughes. I know people are going to talk about how he finished bj and well bj no doubt is one of the most gifted of any fighter to ever compete when he is truely just a blown up LW.

I would rate gsp right behind AS as the p4p best. He has dominated but his performances have been on the safe side and some are not overly impressive.

I am a huge Diaz fan. He is a complete fighter who always brings it and has been looked over for so long. I doubt Diaz will win simply because gsp's wrestling is so stiffling but he is actually gonna have to fight in this match and not coast by. I doubt he will want to stand with him and will have to engage him in a ground battle.

I am so looking forward to this fight.

The Rock! is offline Junior Member
    It was pretty interesting to see the GSP/Shields fight. Shields really gave it GSP in the fact that GSP couldn't finish him off. Diaz... eh. He's a fantastic fighter (and ****ing insane) but GSP is on a different level.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter View Post
    The last legitimate WW gsp finished was hughes. I know people are going to talk about how he finished bj and well bj no doubt is one of the most gifted of any fighter to ever compete when he is truely just a blown up LW.

I would rate gsp right behind AS as the p4p best. He has dominated but his performances have been on the safe side and some are not overly impressive.

I am a huge Diaz fan. He is a complete fighter who always brings it and has been looked over for so long. I doubt Diaz will win simply because gsp's wrestling is so stiffling but he is actually gonna have to fight in this match and not coast by. I doubt he will want to stand with him and will have to engage him in a ground battle.

I am so looking forward to this fight.
    Exactly. GSP plays it safe, ALL THE TIME. Pepper with the jab then combo into a take down. From there it's all scoring as he dominates on the ground. It'd be nice if he could flash it up some and take chances.

When your as dominant as he is most guys begin to play a little in the cage, Uriah Faber, Anderson Silva, Chuck Liddell they got/get flashy at times 'cause their level of fighting was so much higher than everyone else.

But GSP seems to refuse to get jiggy with it, he plays it safe a little too much. I bet he wears a rubber when he wacks off.

I have nothing but respect for Gsp. I don't even gravitate to Nd personality, but I love his talent and his love of fighting. His fight with cyborg and daley were awesome. The last Gsp fight I enjoyed was against fitch and it was fitch who made that fight cause he was still looking to win not just "get by".

I like Gsp as well and his athleticism and true dedication to the sport are amazing, he just isn't fun to watch fight anymore. I believe Serra scared him so bad that he won't take those chances anymore. I mean he should have finished fitch(who is my fav fighter) and he should have finished Hardy and Shields. I don't say that cause Shields isn't an amazing fighter its because he wasn't take Gsp down and his striking was rudimentry and offered no real threat.

I would never call for Gsp to step in weight or anything like that, I just wish he would fight to finish and not coast by on his top game.

^ fa'............................................... ......sho'

Myalansky is offline Junior Member
    I hope this will be the second best fight of the year, the best being Dos Santos vs Velasquez. Lets see if Dos Santos can knock out Carwin. That fight is this weekend!

stang is offline Associate Member
    easy fight for gsp in my book

Thread Information