yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member

Anthony Johnson Released after UFC 142

Well Dana White shines once more making another dumb move.

Now i agree that he miss the weight but he should have been forced to compete at 205. I don't understand theses insane weight cuts, guy almost killing themselves to make weight.

Any way the UFC lost a great talent because Anthony Johnson has all the tools to be a champion.

txnhb is offline Associate Member
    Damn that's cold. It seemed like the ref's quick stand up's when they were on the ground were a little fishy. I wouldn't doubt if the ref was given some incentive by Dana to try and help Vitor put the fight in his favor.

IronmanKiller is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35
    Well Dana White shines once more making another dumb move.

Now i agree that he miss the weight but he should have been forced to compete at 205. I don't understand theses insane weight cuts, guy almost killing themselves to make weight.

Any way the UFC lost a great talent because Anthony Johnson has all the tools to be a champion.
    It's the fighters decision where he feels he should fight therefore it's the fighters responsibility to maintain a weight where he could easily cut down to weight requirement. Its irresponsible of the fighter to either a) pick the wrong weight class b) maintain too high a weight that he can't healthily cut to the requirement.

Weight cuts are monitored and fighters must be at a certain level of hydration (still pretty low) at the time of the weigh in. That was Johnson's problem is he fell under that level when he was at 187 or so and was forced to rehydrate. Again his own fault for carrying too much weight going on to the weigh in.

Lastly he's probably not out of the UFC for good as he is a talent. But a temporary cut is proper punishment for missing weight not just once but three times.

Quote Originally Posted by IronmanKiller View Post
    It's the fighters decision where he feels he should fight therefore it's the fighters responsibility to maintain a weight where he could easily cut down to weight requirement. Its irresponsible of the fighter to either a) pick the wrong weight class b) maintain too high a weight that he can't healthily cut to the requirement.

Weight cuts are monitored and fighters must be at a certain level of hydration (still pretty low) at the time of the weigh in. That was Johnson's problem is he fell under that level when he was at 187 or so and was forced to rehydrate. Again his own fault for carrying too much weight going on to the weigh in.

Lastly he's probably not out of the UFC for good as he is a talent. But a temporary cut is proper punishment for missing weight not just once but three times.
    Yeah Dana brings back guys after a while Gonzaga did great in is fight i was actually glad to see him back.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't know about the stand up comments. They did stand them up early for sure, but I think it serves AJ right. Heavy guys doing the lay and pray tactic to wear down their opponent is what I hate the most about any fights I watch. When some guy just lays on top of opponent and smothers them and wears them out is just crappy. It is real, but boring as hell to watch. He wasn't in a winning situation anyways with Vitors grappling. He caught him in the eye with that good shot he came swooping down from standing up, but that was about it. Vitor was using BJJ to position himself when they stood it up both times, so I don't think they really saved anything. The rest of time AJ was laying on top doing rabbit punches. Serves him right since he disrespected everyone coming in overweight and not giving a shit. Either way you slice it the guy was going to lose and he did.

Cafe is offline New Member
    Probly gonna be more energetic at 185

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    I don't know about the stand up comments. They did stand them up early for sure, but I think it serves AJ right. Heavy guys doing the lay and pray tactic to wear down their opponent is what I hate the most about any fights I watch. When some guy just lays on top of opponent and smothers them and wears them out is just crappy. It is real, but boring as hell to watch. He wasn't in a winning situation anyways with Vitors grappling. He caught him in the eye with that good shot he came swooping down from standing up, but that was about it. Vitor was using BJJ to position himself when they stood it up both times, so I don't think they really saved anything. The rest of time AJ was laying on top doing rabbit punches. Serves him right since he disrespected everyone coming in overweight and not giving a shit. Either way you slice it the guy was going to lose and he did.
    Agreed i don't know what is going on in the UFC right now but yeah they stand up fighters real fast now a days, almost don't even let them work on the ground.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    Agreed i don't know what is going on in the UFC right now but yeah they stand up fighters real fast now a days, almost don't even let them work on the ground.
    I think its OK say last round but early in the fight they have to give them a chance to improve their position.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

White made a statement in mma weekly he said that Johnson must prove himself before coming back to UFC

bigdog65 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35 View Post
    White made a statement in mma weekly he said that Johnson must prove himself before coming back to UFC

Yeah Dana said Anthony will have to prove himself in lower leagues, aka making weight showing that he can be a professional. He is unprofessional to me not making weight very disrespectful to Belfort who made him pay anyway

Thread Information