Thread: Nick Diaz

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!

Nick Diaz

Did you guys hear, the Nevada Athletic Commission has said Nick Diaz failed a pre-fight drug test..

It wasn't even gear he tested positive for.... It was pot. Took his license for 6 months plus a $3k fine. I doubt the license suspension makes a difference since he said he was retiring.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/mixed-...-143-1.3518073

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    He tested positive for marijuana, this guy is wasting is talent its unbelievable.

Julz_W is offline Junior Member
    If he quit why'd they test him? I was under the impression he'd thrown it in after his last loss so re-testing wouldn't be done would it?

+1 to the talent - they for some reason dont look light fighters at all - but those guys are just weapons.
    Last edited by Julz_W; 02-12-2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Misread

Quote Originally Posted by Julz_W View Post
    If he quit why'd they test him? I was under the impression he'd thrown it in after his last loss so re-testing wouldn't be done would it?

+1 to the talent - they for some reason dont look light fighters at all - but those guys are just weapons.
    They tested him before the fight and the results didn't come in until afterwards. Sounds to me he should've spent more time training and less time smoking. The outcome might've been different.

He's just the first fighter I've seen suspended for a non-PED.

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    both those slack ass brothers never brought their full potential to the table, just a mouth full of crap. Those 2 can beat anyone in their respected weight classes on any day of the week and they've chosen to not make that last little bit of commitment (to themselves) to be the best in the sport. Such a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    both those slack ass brothers never brought their full potential to the table, just a mouth full of crap. Those 2 can beat anyone in their respected weight classes on any day of the week and they've chosen to not make that last little bit of commitment (to themselves) to be the best in the sport. Such a shame
    I don't think either of them wanted to be the best in the sport. They just wanted to make money. All the shit-talking they do draws attention to them which build interest for their fights. Rather than their ability and dedication being their draw. But yeah I agree both of them could be the top of their weight classes if they applied themselves.

vard is offline New Member
    Might be a dead thread now, but I don't think Nick is even close to the fighter that Condit is. Condit vs. GSP will be a much better/more technical fight. Nick can bang, but Condits team put together a good game plan and Nick couldn't make the adjustments. Nick is worthless.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power
    I live in Stockton from where they are from, they thru a fundraiser for the Stockton fire department and Nick didn't even show a waste of talent and a big shame for the Stockton residents they represent!!

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007;5***648
    I live in Stockton from where they are from, they thru a fundraiser for the Stockton fire department and Nick didn't even show a waste of talent and a big shame for the Stockton residents they represent!!
    wow, theres some class

DanB is offline Banned
    Looks like he is going to get his ban revoked on a louphole

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/140788.html

Eh, if he gets off, good for him. They need to re-evaluate their drug testing policies anyways. They should only be testing for PEDs not rec drugs (except for uppers that might give an advantage).

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Eh, if he gets off, good for him. They need to re-evaluate their drug testing policies anyways. They should only be testing for PEDs not rec drugs (except for uppers that might give an advantage).
    I agree and he had a script for the weed didnt he so it no different to people on TRT I.M.O

Except with trt they take advantage and blast/cruise and gain an advantage

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    I agree and he had a script for the weed didnt he so it no different to people on TRT I.M.O

Except with trt they take advantage and blast/cruise and gain an advantage
    Yeah, I can see it is easy to get an advantage with TRT doing blasts and cruises.

You know though, they shouldn't even bother drug testing the loser. If he does take something, it's not like it made a difference.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i've meet him he is a douche
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    I never understood why people hate the brothers. They always put on great fights and could always back up their mouths. I always admired their sheer hatred for their opponents, and the anger and distain they brought in the cage. lol

MHouse is offline Junior Member
    I'm not a fan of their Stockton act, but I am a bit torn. I am a Nor Cal guy, and try to like them, but they do make it difficult. At least I can say I like them more than Koscheck. Another guy who trains in NorCal, but that guy is a true DB. I think the Condit vs GSP fight will be competitive, but I still think GSP is just too well rounded and athletic for anyone in that division.

Thread Information