Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Vitaly Klichko, best boxer every!

laguy824 is offline New Member

Vitaly Klichko, best boxer every!

Anyone has a problem with that? :-)

DanB is offline Banned
    Lmfao I don't know what is funnier your claim or your spelling

blksavage is offline Member
    hes not even in the top ten best heavy weights

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    disagree. does have some skill. and he's real big with a stiff jab, with some decent endurance for his weight.

he fails in the pound for pound category. I could easily list a dozen other boxers better than he lb. for lb.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    This

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice trolling.

keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    are you saying that he would dominate the recognized greatest top 10 heavy weights the world has ever produced? wow! that is bold ..

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keep fightin View Post
    are you saying that he would dominate the recognized greatest top 10 heavy weights the world has ever produced? wow! that is bold ..
    he wouldnt even spar with them lol, heavyweight division is dead, just look at their conditioning its piss poor, that says it all for me

welterweight to super-middle is where its at for last 5 and next 5 years

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Is that a joke because from what i saw this guy can hardly throw a punch, terrible, are you is son, or relative?

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yannick35
    Is that a joke because from what i saw this guy can hardly throw a punch, terrible, are you is son, or relative?
    If you want to have a good laugh then look at Tyson fury fights he reckons he future world champ and unfortunately he will get a shot in future, damn I might bulk to 220 and turn pro looking at his fights if he gets a shot

musclelover is offline Junior Member
    Yeah all the comments are right!

The heavyweight division is really lacking exciting well rounded fighters.

The jab jab grab klitschkos really lack the entertainment value and every single fight they have had is the same.

I did laugh at the tyson fury bit beacuse i watched an interview where hes does some benching and he struggles on 40Kgs and hes a heavyweight!

In a way i think its great that the UFC and K1 are around so fight fans can see well rounded good matched up heavyweights!

rvca is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Lmfao

AlphaGenetics is offline Senior Member
    Ever since MMA got big and Mike Tyson chomped Holyfields ear, boxing has faded away.

Quote Originally Posted by keep fightin View Post
    hmmmm.... not sure. he's probably one of the biggest "champs" ever. plus he's got great bone structure and fairly lean. his lungs support his size, so therefore fairly decent endurance, something most heavy weights lack. and he's got one of the longest jabs out there. he is adept at keeping his opponents at arms length.

really not sure if any recent champs couuld take him. certainly not tyson, or hollyfield, or the tall canadian with the braided hair that was the champ right before him (what's his name?). Pretty sure he would have been too big for Holmes, since Holmes was touted for the same things that Klitcho has, but Holmes is the smaller man, which nullifies those "advantages" like his long jab. Not going there with Ali, since his game plan with bigger guys is the rope a dope, which as we all know now is a slow motion form of suicide. Obviously not tyrell biggs.....

.....so my question to you, or anyone, is even though Klitchko does seem to lack the skill and entertainment value we crave from a top heavy weight, my question is, WHO DO YOU THINK COULD TAKE HIM?
    Last edited by Times Roman; 05-20-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyone you named lol.

i remember a good fight between klitch and lennox right before len retired...nice and bloody if memory serves

i didnt know vitaly still boxed...gotta be pretty old

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i remember a good fight between klitch and lennox right before len retired...nice and bloody if memory serves

i didnt know vitaly still boxed...gotta be pretty old
    there for awhile, "they" were saying that lennox, being the big man, was probably one of the better heavy weights of all times (funny how they always seem to have short term memory issues).

I'm not saying Klitchko is a great fighter. I'm not. I don't think he has the skill set to be put in that class. But I am saying, due to sheer genetics, that very few of the past heavy weigghts would have been able to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    there for awhile, "they" were saying that lennox, being the big man, was probably one of the better heavy weights of all times (funny how they always seem to have short term memory issues).

I'm not saying Klitchko is a great fighter. I'm not. I don't think he has the skill set to be put in that class. But I am saying, due to sheer genetics, that very few of the past heavy weights would have been able to beat him.
    lennox didnt reign long enough imo /have enough title defenses to be considered with the likes of ali, frazier, foreman....although definitely enough to argue with the op challenge....the fight i mentioned in the post just before was a good example ...didnt lennox get that one by decision? i loved how lennox made short work of tyson after having his hypothetical children threatened by the pigeon boy himself...
    saw the tyson /douglas bout the other night i had taped from espn classic or something...boy tyson got beat up...forgot he dropped douglas the previous round and douglas barely got up b4 the count....good fight

lennox didnt reign long enough imo /have enough title defenses to be considered with the likes of ali, frazier, foreman....although definitely enough to argue with the op challenge....the fight i mentioned in the post just before was a good example ...didnt lennox get that one by decision? i loved how lennox made short work of tyson after having his hypothetical children threatened by the pigeon boy himself...
    saw the tyson /douglas bout the other night i had taped from espn classic or something...boy tyson got beat up...forgot he dropped douglas the previous round and douglas barely got up b4 the count....good fight
    when lennox and klitchko faught, didn't lennox win due to some technicality? klitchko was cut or something like that and it went to the judges? I can't rememberd. but i do seem to remember that as the ffight was progressing, lennox was really starting to lose. the technicality was a "windfall" for lennox, and then lennox retired shortly after, assume due to him seeing the writing on the wall (spells rematch)

holmes was a good fighter, so long as his opponent was smaller than him. bigger fighters always was a problem for holmes, which is why I doubt he could have taken klitchko.

tyson was a knock out artist, until people realized you could frustrate him easily by the clinch. and klitchko was just too big for tyson, with a 6" height advantage and who knows how much of a reach advantage.

i think ali in his prime (casious clay) was one of the best all time heavy weights. but not sure how well he could have handled a much bigger man. his solution when he was no longer in his prime was to cover up and take the asss whooping until the bigger man (foreman) got too tired, and then start fighting after the fight was almost over in rounds. Klitchko is bigger than foreman, and very intelligent. not so sure he would allow himself to make the same mistake foreman did. if klitchko refuses to tire himself out, and ali only wants to do the rope a dope until klitchko tires, then this would make for an extremely boring fight.

smoking joe would have been a real interesting fight. joe takes no prisoners and knows how to apply pressure. if klitchko keeps him at arms length, klitchko wins. Smoking Joe MUST keep the fight on the inside. Don't know if he can do that.

Ernie Shavers is a HARD hitting mutha. Has the ability to knock out Klitchko if Klitchko doesn't keep his guard up. But his overall skills kept him from championship gold and therefore i give advantage to Klitchko.

I think it's time a new "Super Heavy Weight" division is created. I see nothing but bigger and bigger fighters in the future. No sense a 200lb bloke goes up against a 250lb bloke with a 6" height differential

Think your right about the Lewis fight but it WAS a good en

I never thought Holmes was any good and tyson never beat ANYBODY...don't understand y that is debated by anyone that knows boxing

Liston was a big boy wasn't he...foreman was 225/230...Ali beat em both...I think Ali was best all time

Tor Eckman is offline New Member
    Check out the documentary "Klitschko" it was resently on HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tor Eckman View Post
    Check out the documentary "Klitschko" it was resently on HBO.
    i saw that that was on during a hotel stay but didnt get to watch....good, huh?

Tor Eckman is offline New Member
    Very good doc. Wish more boxers would do documentaries.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman

when lennox and klitchko faught, didn't lennox win due to some technicality? klitchko was cut or something like that and it went to the judges? I can't rememberd. but i do seem to remember that as the ffight was progressing, lennox was really starting to lose. the technicality was a "windfall" for lennox, and then lennox retired shortly after, assume due to him seeing the writing on the wall (spells rematch)

holmes was a good fighter, so long as his opponent was smaller than him. bigger fighters always was a problem for holmes, which is why I doubt he could have taken klitchko.

tyson was a knock out artist, until people realized you could frustrate him easily by the clinch. and klitchko was just too big for tyson, with a 6" height advantage and who knows how much of a reach advantage.

i think ali in his prime (casious clay) was one of the best all time heavy weights. but not sure how well he could have handled a much bigger man. his solution when he was no longer in his prime was to cover up and take the asss whooping until the bigger man (foreman) got too tired, and then start fighting after the fight was almost over in rounds. Klitchko is bigger than foreman, and very intelligent. not so sure he would allow himself to make the same mistake foreman did. if klitchko refuses to tire himself out, and ali only wants to do the rope a dope until klitchko tires, then this would make for an extremely boring fight.

smoking joe would have been a real interesting fight. joe takes no prisoners and knows how to apply pressure. if klitchko keeps him at arms length, klitchko wins. Smoking Joe MUST keep the fight on the inside. Don't know if he can do that.

Ernie Shavers is a HARD hitting mutha. Has the ability to knock out Klitchko if Klitchko doesn't keep his guard up. But his overall skills kept him from championship gold and therefore i give advantage to Klitchko.

I think it's time a new "Super Heavy Weight" division is created. I see nothing but bigger and bigger fighters in the future. No sense a 200lb bloke goes up against a 250lb bloke with a 6" height differential
    Good post

However I think Lennox was on his was to beating vitali imo did you see the state of klitchkos face? Wowza If that fight had of continued lewis would of stopped him he was slowly breaking him down. Plus lewis was old as hell at that stage of his career, if it was prime lewis in there it wouldn't of been a contest imo was a good fight tho (war)
    I agree with what your saying tho, there size make them a formidable force. I think prime holifield beats them both, maybe prime big foremon. I think skill wise there not top 20 I don't like to judge them on there size because in the 70's heavyweights where 15 stone 80's 16 stone 90's 17 stone 00's 18 stone teens 20 stone the weight is going up with evolution. So I like to judge them on there skill and for me there not on the level of the golden heavyweights of the 70's or of Holmes,holifield and lewis

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Good post

However I think Lennox was on his was to beating vitali imo did you see the state of klitchkos face? Wowza If that fight had of continued lewis would of stopped him he was slowly breaking him down. Plus lewis was old as hell at that stage of his career, if it was prime lewis in there it wouldn't of been a contest imo was a good fight tho (war)
    I agree with what your saying tho, there size make them a formidable force. I think prime holifield beats them both, maybe prime big foremon. I think skill wise there not top 20 I don't like to judge them on there size because in the 70's heavyweights where 15 stone 80's 16 stone 90's 17 stone 00's 18 stone teens 20 stone the weight is going up with evolution. So I like to judge them on there skill and for me there not on the level of the golden heavyweights of the 70's or of Holmes,holifield and lewis
    i remember differently i thought klitchko had the edge and time/blood saved lennox...i loved the fight....i'll have to review it...also disagree with my boy evander being able to beat those large men...he wasnt that fast to be able to counter there straight forward strength....i did enjoy watching evander prove how much a pus$y tyson was as well as lennox did oh yeh and his very first as$ whoopin by buster

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman

i remember differently i thought klitchko had the edge and time/blood saved lennox...i loved the fight....i'll have to review it...also disagree with my boy evander being able to beat those large men...he wasnt that fast to be able to counter there straight forward strength....i did enjoy watching evander prove how much a pus$y tyson was as well as lennox did oh yeh and his very first as$ whoopin by buster
    If you watch the fight again watch out for a massive uppercut from lewis that lifts vitali off his feet in the fourth round, after that shot not much was coming back from vitali, lewis was busting him up in the round the fight got stopped.

Evander was a very good inside fighter, this style we know gives wlad fits, hence him been KO'd more then a few times by inside fighters with half the skill of evander. I believe prime holifield gives vitali nightmares also, you know your not knocking out evander he had a chin made of iron, he could walk though anything to get on the inside, he was one tough mofo's, second best of his generation behind lewis.both lewis and evander beat the klitschko brothers imo

its definitely been a while and i loved the fight so im going to watch it again

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    its definitely been a while and i loved the fight so im going to watch it again
    Yeah was a really good fight, probably the last truly competitive heavyweight championship fight. The heavyweight division is really poor at the moment The only interesting fight at heavyweight is if the brothers get it on together and have a trilogy lol but we know that's not happening. All of there opposition seem to be fat and out of shape with sub par skill and at a size disadvantage (beside David Hayes but he,s really a cruiserweight) the only guy out there I hold alittle hope for is David price.

Why is there no Americans coming though? All the decent heavys seem to be coming from the eastern block.

P.Money is offline Associate Member
    He lost to Lewis, who was a pretty lazy fighter if you ask me. He's an extremely good fighter, but not undefeated.

i agree lennox didnt have a big heart or a worker bee type he was just blessed with being a freak and put a few good punches together neither him or the title of this thread imo were near the best i'd have to give ali the edge as he fought everybody in the day

Wait! wasn't the other thread saying that Floyd Mayweather Jr. was the best boxer ever?

Now Im confused?

its too diff threads and two diff ppl's opinions

i think this one is heavyweight and the mayweather is any weight or "pound for pound"

but pretty boy is undefeated and definitely has to be considered

i regrettably missed a lot of middle weight/lighter weight fights throughout the years

its too diff threads and two diff ppl's opinions

i think this one is heavyweight and the mayweather is any weight or "pound for pound"

but pretty boy is undefeated and definitely has to be considered

i regrettably missed a lot of middle weight/lighter weight fights throughout the years
    sorry. I was just joking around............

Pale1 is offline Junior Member
    Times Roman has nailed the correct.

awol is offline New Member
    lol ridiculous claim...

Estoy is offline New Member
    Best boxer? Never.
    Best heayvweight boxer? Never.
    Top 10 best heayvweight boxer of all time? Never.

Best heavyweight boxer of this time? No, his brother Wladimir is way better.

nice bump

muhammad ali

float like a butterfly sting like a bee lemme dot that the eye of that ugly sonny

Estoy is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaggahamma View Post
    nice bump

muhammad ali

float like a butterfly sting like a bee lemme dot that the eye of that ugly sonny
    Hi, I am just new to the forum but is bumping up old threads not allowed? I love fighting sports and since I am relatively new to weightlifting, I find this section the only one that I can give genuine advice.

Unfortunately, the fighting section isn't really active so basically most of the topics are already ''aged'', i'm trying to give it some boost, lol.

i think its ok...i was surprised to see the thread again....cant believe it was actually 2012 last post

i think most guys on here talk mma/ufc but theres been a few boxing threads here and there

welcome btw

Last edited by zaggahamma; 06-27-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information