NakMuay is offline New Member

Muay Thai Injuries and Recovery

Hey guys,

I am 30yrs old and I've been heavily training in Muay Thai up until I got injured on two different occasions that sidelined me for over a month for each injury. The first time I pulled my achilles in my left foot really badly during a sparring match and wasn't able to walk properly for awhile. Doctor told me no training for a month so I took a 1.5 month break. I went back again and during a light sparring defensive drill, I pulled my big toe on my right foot really badly that I ended up with turf toe. It's been almost a month since my most recent injury and I still cant bend my toe back without pain. I was wondering is there something I can take to speed up my recovery from these joint/tendon/ligament injuries I keep getting? That's all I want to do is recover faster from injuries so I can keep training hard. I usually train 4-5x a week for about 2-3hrs each time. Being sidelined for over a month each time is getting really annoying since I enjoy training Muay Thai so much.

Thanks

JAB1 is offline Member
    I dont know what you can take for recovery, maybee someone else does... But yeah I hear your frusteration. I broke a couple ribs, healed from that and then almost immediately broke a bone in my foot, lol. Sucks. This was a while back Ive been healthy for a while now. at least work on any drill you can, or lift-bench, pullups, core etc. anything you can do. I know feet injuries suck casue its hard to work around them.

Catdad is offline Junior Member
    I've been doing and fighting traditional Muay Thai for 2 years now and the thing is you will always get hurt, between my job and muay Thai there is always something wrong with me that I have to work through or adjust my training in a way. If it is something that you can't train on dont, but you need to know your body.

Sorry I can't help too much more.

technodrome is offline Junior Member
    Joints, tendon, Ligament.

Cissus, Glucosimine, Collegan, Elastin.

But they all take time. Also do lots of zero impact movements to keep the joints lubed up 24/7. Like rolling your ankles, repeatedly bending your toes or whatever other joints are hurting.

Daniel_CN is offline New Member
    I've had similar issues in the past. I've found that the best thing to do was to give the injured muscle rest and then when appropriate work on mobility/stretching. That worked the best for me. It's very difficult to stay off of it but that's often the best thing to do.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Prolotherapy, GH

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yeah one of my guys I train is using the prolotherapy (PRP) where they take your blood and centrifuge it. He has had great results with this the sugar he said was worthless...the only trouble is he is 62 and has only been cycling for a year or so and is way to gung ho on the wieghts he does so everytime the PRP heals one injury he creates another, though he does look great. Fortunately he has lots of money, good insurance and does not do physical work for a living, so all the injuries are not a problem for him. I gotta worry about going broke and losing my job so I can't have the same outlook as him.

What was this thread about?

Yeah stretch, heal and Prolother if needed.

Thread Information