senior_xj is offline Junior Member

Question Whats the Legal Limit in Testosterone Count Allowed for MMA Fighters ?

My question is, whats the legal limit of the highest allowed testosterone count transferred into total test numbers for a fighter say in the UFC? I know the Navada state commisions allows for a 6 to 1 ratio while others are much stricter.

Basically the question is the same principle as a fighter making weight & coming in at the highest weight possible within there weight class.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would have to assume its whatever the Nevada rules allow. I really doubt the UFC uses their (Nevada's) rules for everything else and then implements thier own standards for juice. However that's just speculation since I am not fighting in the UFC this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    I would have to assume its whatever the Nevada rules allow. I really doubt the UFC uses their (Nevada's) rules for everything else and then implements thier own standards for juice. However that's just speculation since I am not fighting in the UFC this year.
    I was using Nevada as an example. Any fighting organization say UFC, has to comply with each states set of rules as they are all different just like MMA being illegal here in NY!

So what im gettin at is that once u know the highest acceptable test levels allowed, i would then get my test levels as high enough to get licensed but low enough to not fail there testing. I just need to convert say a 6 to 1 ratio into mgs so i know how much testosterone to use/not use.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I believe the ufc does random? testing so its basically what ever you can get away with.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Most states follow Nevada's lead and use a 6 to 1 test to epitest level.

Sadly for those competing the political push for adaptation of WADA's 4 to 1 standard is huge. Its my opinoin that the only reason it has not been adapted is because of the huge cost associated with all the tests that have to be done to back up the test/epi after a fail since a test/epi is not sufficient for loss of license. So for this reason Nevada and others are holding (for now) at 6 to 1 to keep the costs down and keep Dana White and others who foot the bills happy.

Ok so then what i still need to figure out here is, whats a persons testosterone count (in numbers) given your at a 4 to 1 ratio???

Thread Information