Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Opinions on best MMA fight promoter

fighting4life is offline New Member
    He has made 20+ mill in his career if you count the PPV money and bonus from sponsors and other things. But still with all that he was not happy with the amount he was getting for being the p4p king... Also a lot of us that are involved with the MMA/UFC gave Weidman a decent chance at a upset...
    Last edited by fighting4life; 07-10-2013 at 08:23 PM.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by DB1982

You have to understand these are only the numbers the UFC reports. As a Privately owned company The UFC doesn't have foreclose profits or payouts.

This is only the minimum payout for Silva it doesn't include Silva PPV sharing Profit.

So all said and done i'd venture to say Silva makes 2-3+ million per fight.
    Anderson's approx net worth is 10million.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You gotta realize also how many ppl I bet he supports like family cousins uncles trainers coaches and its kinda the culture down there. At least I got that idea the 5 times I have been to brazil.
    Plus he opened up a business here in America and I bet he got taken for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox
    You gotta realize also how many ppl I bet he supports like family cousins uncles trainers coaches and its kinda the culture down there. At least I got that idea the 5 times I have been to brazil.
    Plus he opened up a business here in America and I bet he got taken for a ride.
    He also has multi gyms.

You guys can't compare mma pay to boxing. Yes the normal pay is the same, but people don't understand that mayweather does EVERYTHInG to promote his fights. That's how he makes the most. Look it up. Boxing is a dieting sport. Sure the top, top handful make coin, but the others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg View Post
    He also has multi gyms.

You guys can't compare mma pay to boxing. Yes the normal pay is the same, but people don't understand that mayweather does EVERYTHInG to promote his fights. That's how he makes the most. Look it up. Boxing is a dieting sport. Sure the top, top handful make coin, but the others don't.

I agree for the most part.. But its like that in MMA as well only the top handful make the dollars lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fighting4life

I agree for the most part.. But its like that in MMA as well only the top handful make the dollars lol.
    Retread what I wrote. That's what I said.

my bad I thought u were referring just to boxing.

pawn master is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DB1982 View Post
    Boxing is way more popular. MMA is still in its infancy.
    Let's not forget how corrupt boxing is because of money.
    Also in boxing PPV normally only the star in the main events gets big money.

Besides in my eyes he makes plenty. I work HARD all year for a fraction of what he makes in 30mins.
    So yes while he doesn't make 10s of millions per fight he still pulls in millions each time he walks in the cage.
    I understand that. I would be very happy to make what he makes because I do not come close to that either. All I am saying is a low end athlete in any sport makes $600,000 plus a year. Is is the best all time to be making that amount of money is under paid to me. And really you think boxing is more popular then UFC? I do not know about that U.S. but here in Canada you can watch some form of UFC 3 times a day on basic cable. Boxing is on maybe once a week. Every time I hear them talking about boxing its the same old that its a dying sport. I only pay attention when there's an event in boxing now. I use to watch all the time in the Tyson era.

Quote Originally Posted by pawn master

I understand that. I would be very happy to make what he makes because I do not come close to that either. All I am saying is a low end athlete in any sport makes $600,000 plus a year. Is is the best all time to be making that amount of money is under paid to me. And really you think boxing is more popular then UFC? I do not know about that U.S. but here in Canada you can watch some form of UFC 3 times a day on basic cable. Boxing is on maybe once a week. Every time I hear them talking about boxing its the same old that its a dying sport. I only pay attention when there's an event in boxing now. I use to watch all the time in the Tyson era.
    Also keep in mind mma is a much newer sport then everything else. Takes time to grow. I.e, more money.

Quote Originally Posted by pawn master View Post
    I think boxing is dying out to the basic younger gen fans honestly.....but there is still alot of fans out there and still 1+ million ppv events.. I read a article I am trying to find it was to why boxing isnt seen on cable as much and it had some thing to do with contracts and networks. MMA for sure is coming up though I heard some thing about atleast 800k buys for the Silva fight and those are pretty damn good.

Any way I grew up boxing man had 80+ AM fights and a few pro fights as well I ended up switching to MMA for the fact that there is many aspects of fighting and I liked how the sponsors seem to be more involved...I will say that the pay for me starting in the MMA was way less then it was for my first boxing fight.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fighting4life View Post

I think boxing is dying out to the basic younger gen fans honestly.....but there is still alot of fans out there and still 1+ million ppv events.. I read a article I am trying to find it was to why boxing isnt seen on cable as much and it had some thing to do with contracts and networks. MMA for sure is coming up though I heard some thing about atleast 800k buys for the Silva fight and those are pretty damn good.

Any way I grew up boxing man had 80+ AM fights and a few pro fights as well I ended up switching to MMA for the fact that there is many aspects of fighting and I liked how the sponsors seem to be more involved...I will say that the pay for me starting in the MMA was way less then it was for my first boxing fight.
    The difference between Boxing n MMA or specifically UFC is. Boxing has tons of promoters and so does MMA. But the UFC is trying to be more like the NFL ,NBA n MBL . Where the UFC is fronting the cash n signing all the right deals to be the BIG dog. Thus making Bellator n others seem like amateurs. Then if a competitor gets a little to big UFC just buys them out.

Looks like the rematch is set for DEC

Quote Originally Posted by fighting4life
    Looks like the rematch is set for DEC
    http://youtu.be/0Rx69NXgIjw

So dec it is.

A friend was telling me last night Silva had agreed to take the rematch on Dec. 28th. I did not hear that myself. Anyone else confirm?

Looks like so lol. Should have read the previous 3 posts. Awesome I bet he wins. I doubt he will play games this time, he will be all business.

GrimmReaper is offline Senior Member
    very cool

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You have to understand these are only the numbers the UFC reports. As a Privately owned company The UFC doesn't have foreclose profits or payouts.

This is only the minimum payout for Silva it doesn't include Silva PPV sharing Profit.

So all said and done i'd venture to say Silva makes 2-3+ million per fight.
    Wow thats very good money.

Hmm Dec, still not going to pay for, they dont deserve it, Ill watch it in the morning.
    Last edited by BG; 07-14-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Wow thats very good money.

Hmm Dec, still not going to pay for, they dont deserve it, Ill watch it in the morning.
    What do you mean watch it in the morning? The highlights?

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post

What do you mean watch it in the morning? The highlights?
    sites that show the fights....u have to click on on each individual fight....or just look up the fights ud want to see...

I do it all the time the next day....I even stumbled upon a streaming site when GSP fought Diaz and watched the last 4 rounds

-Beast Mode-
    BG likes this.

I just go for a good meal at one of the bars in town and watch for free usually.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pawn master View Post
    I just go for a good meal at one of the bars in town and watch for free usually.
    Yup same here me and my buddies get together for all the fights at BW3's.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ^^Nice they dont do that around here

I think they charge to much for it. A local place did it with out paying because a bunch of my friends and I would go. We would ask if he had it, he would rent it but I guess that isnt enough, he got busted, had to pay 10G. I felt horrible, real good guy, ended up passing away of cancer and the place just sit the way it was.
    Last edited by BG; 07-15-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Yup same here me and my buddies get together for all the fights at BW3's.
    yep 5 dollar cover...not bad...and actually last time they didnt even charge a cover for the Silva fight

-Beast Mode-
    BG likes this.

At bww here they show every fight and have booths outside with about 10 flat screens showing the fight so you have the place full to capacity and about 100 ppl standing around the walk way area of the restaurant. Its in a big area of a movie theater and other restaurants. Crazy how packed it was for this last fight.
    The restaurant across the street not showing the fight had plenty of tables available. Seems the $55 investment would be beneficial for them.
    BG likes this.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    At bww here they show every fight and have booths outside with about 10 flat screens showing the fight so you have the place full to capacity and about 100 ppl standing around the walk way area of the restaurant. Its in a big area of a movie theater and other restaurants. Crazy how packed it was for this last fight.
    The restaurant across the street not showing the fight had plenty of tables available. Seems the $55 investment would be beneficial for them.
    Restaurant/Businesses don't pay $55 per ppv. They have to pay based on how many can people the establishment can seat. So a buddy of mine pays like $1500 for a PPV at his medium sized bar.

Quote Originally Posted by DB1982

Restaurant/Businesses don't pay $55 per ppv. They have to pay based on how many can people the establishment can seat. So a buddy of mine pays like $1500 for a PPV at his medium sized bar.
    Correct lol.

yep....although a lot of places dont...some are lucky and never get caught and other are not so lucky

-Beast Mode-

Really so BP's has to pay out thousands of dollars for a PPV. I never would have guessed that at all. I figured there was a set price for establishments compared to private residences but that seems like a lot for a few hours of PPV. I am sure the smaller places I have been to are not paying that LOL. I went to the last one and it was busy but a different crowd. That bar is always busy on a Sat night so I bet they just air it. I am going to try to find out though I am interested in knowing.

Frank egg white is offline Junior Member
    We could go on and on and on...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information