• 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 2 Post By bloodchoke
  • 1 Post By gearbox

Thread: Ufc 195

Trapology is offline Associate Member

Ufc 195

Anyone watching?

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, but just Heard there was one of the best fights though.

Forget the names....but one of them was the last guy to beat McGregor

I dunno? No one that fought connor has fought yet

Quote Originally Posted by Trapology View Post
    I dunno? No one that fought connor has fought yet
    Let me find it...give me a second

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post

Let me find it...give me a second
    http://www.craziestsportsfights.com/...ffy-go-to-war/

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I am watching it now

Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    thats crazy i forgot about that fight, i dunno how it didnt make the prelims

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I am watching it now
    card hasnt been so great so far, this next fight and the lawler fight should be good though

This is why you never want to let a fight go to the score card

This is why you never want to let a fight go to the score card
    hell of a fight, condit deserves a rematch for sure
    but yeah you know its close you gotta go get it, and lawler did that

Quote Originally Posted by Trapology
    hell of a fight, condit deserves a rematch for sure but yeah you know its close you gotta go get it, and lawler did that
    I agree I thought confit out struck him and controlled the ring. Robbie clearly won the fifth round but I thought that confit was ahead going into the fifth. I like both fighters so a rematch would be great

It was a really hard fight to score

1 was for condit
    2 was for lawler
    3 was 50/50
    4 was 50/50
    5 for sure was for lawler

It was a real toss up for anyone who follows fighting and has a good knowledge of it, you had to choose between 1 of 2 things, do you give condit rounds for landing more punches or do you give lawler rounds for landing the more telling punches

It was a really hard fight to score 1 was for condit 2 was for lawler 3 was 50/50 4 was 50/50 5 for sure was for lawler It was a real toss up for anyone who follows fighting and has a good knowledge of it, you had to choose between 1 of 2 things, do you give condit rounds for landing more punches or do you give lawler rounds for landing the more telling punches
    or do you give confit points for controlling the ring even though Robbie did a good job of counter striking? It's a tough call

Yeah thats a great point too. Regardless I think condit deserves a rematch, or at worst he should get the winner of lawler woodley since woodley keeps getting screwed over

Yeah thats a great point too. Regardless I think condit deserves a rematch, or at worst he should get the winner of lawler woodley since woodley keeps getting screwed over
    absolutely at the end of the day it was an amazing fight and would be a controversial call either way. Rematch needs to happen

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    SUCH BULLSHIT !!! The ufc needs to figure out the issue with the judges. They need to be in a room, away from ring side so they dont hear the fans and all the cheering. They need to watch a TV, silent and score the fights correctly. NO FUKING WAY LAWLER WON ! He knew he lost. I wont ever pay to see another fight, Im not giving them another dollar. Ive been waiting so long for Condit to get his chance then he gets robbed.
    Last edited by BG; 01-03-2016 at 06:02 PM. Reason: the to they
    bloodchoke likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG
    SUCH BULLSHIT !!! The ufc needs to figure out the issue with the judges. The need to be in a room, away from ring side so they dont hear the fans and all the cheering. They need to watch a TV, silent and score the fights correctly. NO FUKING WAY LAWLER WON ! He knew he lost. I wont ever pay to see another fight, Im not giving them another dollar. Ive been waiting so long for Condit to get his chance then he gets robbed.
    really it doesn't matter. I have seen it over and over again... Just like Dana says. Don't let it go to the judges

BG
    really it doesn't matter. I have seen it over and over again... Just like Dana says. Don't let it go to the judges
    That makes no sense, they cant help it, both guys gave 110%. Yes it would be nice to have a tko, sub or KO, but its just not going to happen every time. The judges situation needs to be fixed, you cant tell guys after a fight like that "Dont let it go to the judges" , WHAT FUK ARE THEY FOR? Ridiculous.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    That makes no sense, they cant help it, both guys gave 110%. Yes it would be nice to have a tko, sub or KO, but its just not going to happen every time. The judges situation needs to be fixed, you cant tell guys after a fight like that "Dont let it go to the judges" , WHAT FUK ARE THEY FOR? Ridiculous.
    We do not know what the judges are looking at. Its not like this is a new thing. I could rattle off a whole bunch of fights that were called wrong. It sucks
    BG likes this.

Pretty much like bio said, 3 of the rounds were pretty clear, but the other 2 and deciding rounds had a lot of thing at play which we both mentioned above

There is no real mandate for judging other then things like "ring generalship" "clean effective striking" things like that are open to interpretation and have no real definition as to what they really are

BG
    We do not know what the judges are looking at. Its not like this is a new thing. I could rattle off a whole bunch of fights that were called wrong. It sucks
    Many have. The judges are affected by the crowd, some strikes aren't landed but everyone cheers so they count. There's been talk about moving them away from ring side. With ground fighting involved they need to be watching monitors only with no sound. Most fighters agree on this.

bloodchoke is offline Member
    I hear ya but I disagree with that notion. Why have judges at all then? There are some match-ups that will never end in a finish within 5 rounds. If you have to finish the champ to dethrone her/him, then they should try unlimited rounds in title fights, like baseball with innings.
    BG and jimmyinkedup like this.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Although I thought the NBK (natural born killer) won I can see where the judges gave the nod to ruthless. His sig stikes were more and he won the 5th round. I often think who wins that round wins the fight. NBK still won imo but not by much. And I can name many fights that we alot worse with decisions going another way.
    Not to rattle the cage but I think it's rigid liking boxing with decisions. Will ufc make more $$$ promotion ruthless or NBK. Ruthless all the way. NBK is popular but he doesn't sell fights as well as ruthless. And Johnny Hendricks is probably the worst of the bunch at 170 and he lost a close decision to ruthless (Hendricks won the absolutely boring fight).
    BG likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    LAWLER/CONDIT was one of the best fights I have ever witnessed. Both men brought it. I do feel like LAWLER got the win but it was close.

Everyone one of lawlers fights since hes come back to the UFC has been epic, the dude knows how to bring it for sure and everyone he fought brought it too

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapology View Post
    Everyone one of lawlers fights since hes come back to the UFC has been epic, the dude knows how to bring it for sure and everyone he fought brought it too

I was impressed with LAWLERS movement in the ring. He blocked several punches and kicks that would have inflicted damage too. He was improved as he has matured.

infidel007 is offline New Member
    There will definitely be a rematch......fact! And if Condit wins the rematch, there will be a 3rd fight.........fact!

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I was impressed with LAWLERS movement in the ring. He blocked several punches and kicks that would have inflicted damage too. He was improved as he has matured.
    Yes but the other 200 plus strikes landed.

Thread Information