Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashop

Thread: UFC Bad Blood - Preview

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Post UFC Bad Blood - Preview

956Vette likes this.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "I was dominatin' tha fight fer eight minutes, and then like that <snap>, I lost."

I think he tanked. When the second round started, McGregor realized he was spent, left it all in the first round, but Diaz was just getting warmed up. To make matters worse, he was hitting Diaz as hard as he'd ever hit any other human, and more often, but Nate started hitting him back even harder than he'd got hit.

Even McGregor isn't delusional enough to think his ground game is in the same league as Diaz's, and he must have known that if he was getting the worst of virtually every striking exchange, then his chances of winning that rapidly was approaching zero. So when he took the fight to the mat, I think he was looking for an excuse to submit. He quit, and that's a hard habit to break.

The Diaz boys are the best in the business at trading scar tissue for "W"s. They're willing to absorb all the punishment you can dish out, to let you beat on them until you tire, which is exactly what McGregor did. He fell for it, showed up with exactly the wrong game plan for defeating a Diaz. If he doesn't do a better job sizing up his opponent, I don't expect the outcome of the rematch to be any different.

Interesting choice for a narrator for that video. It's Anthony Bourdain, a former NY city chef, now writer and TV personality. He's an extraordinary writer with a gift of snark that is second to none. He also used to be a Class-A wuss, until he hooked up with this Italian chick who was into Muy Thai. Ended up marrying her and now he's into MMA. Last year he earned his blue belt in BJJ from Igor Gracie.

I swear them Gracies are in the business of breeding BJJ instructors. They've got more outlets than McDonald's.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 08-17-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm really liking ANTHONY BOURDAIN doing the narrating.

Ah, conflict. What would UFC be without it? Makes things interesting.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Ah, conflict. What would UFC be without it? Makes things interesting.
    It do put butts in the bleachers, don't it?

I'd imagine the Fertittas still wince over the millions they lost that neither Cormier-Jones II or Holm-Rousey II came off while they still owned the UFC.

Thread Information