Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By simm

Thread: Wrestling routine?

simm is offline Senior Member

Wrestling routine?

Please can anyone help me with a weight training and cardio routine for Olympic freestyle wrestling?
    I'm heavyweight and wrestled at a club once before but here in England wrestling is non existent....I want to utilize this routine into my MMA training as wrestling is extremely important in MMA.
    Thanks

Proximal is offline Banned
    I'm good with biomechanics & would think that lifts such as deadlifts, squats, cleans, snatches would work well. These would also be complimented by lifts such as bench, military, rowing, curls, etc.

Just knowing what I see in crossfit competitions on tv, they also use a lot of awkward weighted objects requiring total body involvement, core strength and balance. Large sandbags, weighted balls, logs, etc.

Cardio wise as the MMA rounds are 5 minutes at varying intensity, I'd match that with short to medium bouts of intense work with brief intervals of a slower pace. Stuff that drives you up to your max VO2 and levels of max levels of tolerable lactic acid for a period of time, then intervals that allow you to barely recover before you repeat.

Just my 2 cents.
    simm likes this.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Perfect advice bro. I was thinking similar to what you mentioned. Thanks for your input
    Proximal likes this.

Thread Information