Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse

Thread: Might be your last opportunity to watch Fedor fight

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

Might be your last opportunity to watch Fedor fight

The main card for Bellator 214 starts at 9pm Eastern tomorrow on the Paramount network and DAZN. The highlight fight is Fedor Emelianenko vs Ryan Bader, which is also the final fight in Bellator's heavyweight grand prix. Which is sort of odd because I until this tournament I don't think Bader ever before fought at heavyweight.

Fedor weighed in at 236.2 (with his customary dunlop) and Bader was 227.8 (with a faint 6-pack). Bader looks to me to have really stepped up his game and last time I checked the odds he was favored to win.

Anyway, Fedor has mentioned he's considering retirement, which lends the possibility that Bader might retire him. So this could be The Last Emperor's final fight. Even if you don't regularly follow Bellator, this could be one worth your time.

simm is offline Senior Member
    Fedor has 2mins of rd 1 to finish bader orbader will hang off fedors hips and wear him out.
    I've got bader winning but rooting for Fedor

Fedor got no chin left. Time to pull out the 'ol rocking chairski.
    MuscleScience and simm like this.

simm is offline Senior Member
    If he keeps fighting he'll be sitting in a rocking chair whilst dribbling soon

MMA Junkie is reporting that Fedor made $300,000 for the fight and Bader was paid $150,000. I know that in general Bellator's purses are lower than the UFCs but in light of what was on the line with this fight, Bellator's heavyweight belt and the heavyweight tourney championship, and the fact that one of the fighters was Fedor, I'm surprised it was so low.

I can't find the source but I seem to recall that the Bader fight fulfilled Fedor's contract with Bellator. If so that would give him a golden opportunity to bow out. And a $300,000 parting gift will buy a lot of vodka and caviar.

He could probably make a tidy living out of getting paid by promoters just to be seen attending their fights.
    MuscleScience likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Fedor needs to retire before he gets seriously hurt. Me in 2010 lol
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    That was the most horrible mma event ever. Wish I went to bed at 8.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    That was the most horrible mma event ever. Wish I went to bed at 8.
    Coker does book some absolute stinkers. Kimbo Slice vs. Dada5000 and Gracie vs. Shamrock, for two. Dada5000 was in such shit shape that his heart stopped twice in the locker room after the fight. But he recovered and outlived Kimbo, who died from a heart attack four months after the fight.

The combined ages of Gracie and Shamrock was 102, and they looked every day of it. Not everybody can be a Tom Brady.

Rumor has it that Coker is working on Liddell vs. Ortiz Part IV, but their combined age is only 93, so I'm really looking forward to that one.

Thread Information