Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

UFC fighter gives blood to guy he thinks is USADA ...but isn't

Jeff Novitzky Offers Warning To UFC Fighters After What Happened To Dan Ige

“Dan Ige, that was the most coincidental of circumstances I’ve ever heard of,” UFC vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky said when speaking to the UFC Unfiltered podcast. “He’s used to USADA coming pretty early in the morning to test him and one day last week he got a knock on the door around the time that USADA would come, 6-6:30 a.m., he opens the door and an individual says ‘I’m here to take your blood’. So he sits down, they start taking his blood and he notices it’s a lot more than they usually take so he starts asking some questions.

“Well it turns to find out at the end of the collection the person was there for a neighbor on a neighboring street with the same number of his house. It was a person getting blood drawn for lab work. Unfortunately for Dan, the collector left before he realized anything or collected his thoughts. So he was very worried that someone was walking around with three vials of his blood.”

-- Jeff Novitzky
    Follow the hotlink in the headline if you'd like to read the entire story.
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 04-25-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    This is a crazy story. I think I would have needed to see some paper work and ID first.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Not many people routinely have some stranger knock on the door and telling them, "Gimme yer blud," but these guys do. To him there was nothing odd about it, just another day at the rock quarry. Probably because nothing like this had ever happened before.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Reminds me of the scene in "where the buffalo roam" when bill murry as hunter Thompson walking into the court house and goes up to the red Cross lady. She asks him "are you here to give blood?"

"Give blood, shit no. I'm here to take some" as he pulls out a syringe.

Thread Information